Noodler's Ink Is Returning To Glass Bottles

Margana

Frankly, I wonder how long he'll stick with the 3oz bottles.

If he has a supplier of 3 oz. glass bottles at a reasonable prices, I'd say as long as he's alive.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcwaites

• tfwall

• inkstainedruth

• TSherbs

Noodlers is just too dangerous to me. I bought several bottles and it just gets every where. It stains anything it touches.The pens I've had it in took extensive cleaning to get the ink out. Even the free pens you get when buying Noodlers 4.5 oz bottles get stained with ink as well. Sooner or later, I'll be giving mine away

Since I was not about to purchase those horrible bottles (plastic bottles, that is), I started buying J.Herbin inks. Never thought that wishing just a few months, I'd end up with more J.Herbin than Noodler's in my ink collection lol

Mike L.

Noodlers is just too dangerous to me. I bought several bottles and it just gets every where. It stains anything it touches.The pens I've had it in took extensive cleaning to get the ink out. Even the free pens you get when buying Noodlers 4.5 oz bottles get stained with ink as well. Sooner or later, I'll be giving mine away

A "slam the brand" post? Pshaw. Please be specific and name the exact ink with which you have had a staining problem although I am not sure what that has to do with the return of glass bottles. BTW I have over 40 Noodler's inks collected over the past ten years and have yet to experience staining except in one or two converters that eventually came clean. Those anomalies might have been my fault for allowing ink to dry in the pens.

Due to space constraints, ink gets stored in its original packaging in a cabinet next to my desk. Glass or plastic bottles are both fine so long as Nathan continues to adorn Noodler's with his unique labels. It's always a delight to see what he will dream up next.

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

Noodler's Baystate Blue is the only known ink from them that will stain your pens. Even comes with a disclaimer. I've never heard of any other staining issues with their inks. It certainly hasn't been my experience.

Edited by Freedom

Mike L.

Noodler's Baystate Blue is the only known ink from them that will stain your pens. Even comes with a disclaimer. I've never heard of any other staining issues with their inks. It certainly hasn't been my experience.

users have different definitions of "staining," as many of the threads here at FPN make clear

Nathan is an ink genius but he's also a businessman and has to deal with situations as they arise hence the switch from glass to plastic when the glass bottle supplier went belly-up. Plastic bottles have their place as when traveling. Less chance of breakage.

The next time you go into a liquor store notice than a good percentage of the bottles are plastic. If you're worried about leaching it should be at the point when you put the shot glass to your lips. Hopefully you're not drinking the ink. Haven't seen any ink that is guaranteed gluten-free

Haven't seen any ink that is guaranteed gluten-free

I wouldn't be surprised to see it. I have seen both gluten-free lap-dances and gluten-free sheet metal being offered in Portland (presumably as a joke, but who knows).

As for the slam (meh) and the place for glass and plastic bottles (I prefer glass for storage myself)

I don't know if it is on-topic, but Australia has gluten-free cows.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

I wouldn't be surprised to see it. I have seen both gluten-free lap-dances....

He just about got in trouble for this statement...until he reminded me that he had pointed out the sign on the DV8 bar across the street from I've Been Framed last time we were in town (buying nibs at I've Been Framed).

LOL!

"In the end, only kindness matters."

I don't know if it is on-topic, but Australia has gluten-free cows.

Presumably they're eating corn? ;)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Presumably they're eating corn? ;)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

No, they can't hold the cobs between their hooves.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

I always expected Nathan to find a new source for glass bottles, and I was always willing to wait for him to do so. And, frankly, I'd have continued to regard his ink as a good buy if he'd had to start selling it in 2oz bottles at the same price.

It will be interesting to see what the new bottle looks like.

Noodler's has been put in plastic bottles???

Wow, I'm away from the forum for a little while, then I come back and find out the world has gone mad.

I wasn't a fan of the bottles, but I respected Nathan's rationale for using them, just as I hope he'd respect my temporary suspension of purchases until the old ones came back :)

Noodler's has been put in plastic bottles???

Wow, I'm away from the forum for a little while, then I come back and find out the world has gone mad.

Sir, any place or time that the world doesn't look mad is the time that you must be "away"....

Still no new bottle pic?

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

Still no new bottle pic?

The new bottle is the same as the old bottle.

For how long the bottle will endure this time, it is hard to predict. Future bottle designs will be influenced by such diverse factors as the price of natural gas, the economies of glass recycling and the ability of manufacturers to fight off the urge to shrink to the point of higher profitability.

Got about a decade of glass bottles before an interim plastic solution had to be implemented. Is there another decade of glass 3 oz powder bottles? Only time will tell.

Frankly, I wonder how long he'll stick with the 3oz bottles.

The question was asked early on if 3 oz bottles were the preferred size or if fountain pen enthusiasts would prefer 1 oz bottlings. The consensus then was overwhelming for the 3 oz bottles.

Logistically, the amount of effort to bottle, label and ship the ink is the same, so larger ink bottles are actually cheaper on a per unit weight basis.

If you like those plastic bottles, stock up while you can. The remaining inventory won't last long.

Plastic is now a collector's item!

Scour the retailer network now to get yours, whether for the keepsake or to get the extra bit of ink that the plastic bottle holds over the glass powder bottle.