Mister5

I'm up to seven. Still have a few more to catch up. Last week was crazy. Should be better this week. Also, breaking out the postcards.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sharonspens

• richila

• Misfit

• alaskazimm

This is the first time I ever heard of InCoWriMo, and I wanted to try but have only done three letters so far. I would love a chance to write to anyone! I tend to do stream-of-consciousness babble in my letters, but would probably talk about pens, ink, or whatever else is on my mind. I have a whole sheet of stamps I haven't used in years, so I am ready.

I sent you a private message

Posted Image

3 yesterday and two today (including one international!) so I think I'm caught up now.

I was coming in this month with trepidation since I'm not a wordy person, but it's been rather fun so far. It's been good for me to "have to" write and it gets more enjoyable as it goes. Definitely glad I joined in this year.

While I understand using stamps you already have, there is a forever global postage stamp for mail traveling outside of the U.S. It is a $1.20 stamp good for one ounce of mail going anywhere in the world. They are round stamps.

Posted Image

Name: Ong, Fangzheng
Address: 69 Jalan Asas, Singapore 678822

welcoming more mails, or PM me your address if you want me to write you! (please indicate for #incowrimo only or if you intend to start as pencils) ;)

instagram

Edited by zemof

———calligraphy———fountain pens———paper———books———typography———colours———conservation———

instagram//femoz//skype//fuzzyarse

Lovely! I did find that when I Googled for addresses, but wasn't sure if it would be acceptable to write to those people without being part of FPGeeks. I will take advantage of that list. :)

That's great! When I did InCo last year, I only wrote to people I knew, family and friends basically. The FPGeeks thread that inspired that spreadsheet gave me the push to go outside my comfort zone and start writing to new people.

Name: Ong, Fangzheng

Address: 69 Jalan Asas, Singapore 678822

welcoming more mails, or PM me your address if you want me to write you! (please indicate for #incowrimo only or if you intend to start as pencils) ;)

instagram

Zemof, please know that this is not meant to make fun of you if English is not your first language, but I must tell you I laughed out loud at the idea of intending to "start as pencils". I am often surprised by the corrections my electronic devices will make in my writing (for example, one of my secretaries is named "Barb", but more than once it has been autocorrected to "Babe.").

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Hi, I learnt about the InCoWriMo on 8th Feb on FPGeeks and completely forgot we have this sub forum on FPN.
I have very few pen pal so I don't know who the write to. I only written 5 letters so far, hope I can catch up.

Please PM me for my address

Davis

Still feeling good about where I am halfway through the month. Even managed to mail a package yesterday! It's been particularly busy around here, so mailing postcards instead of full letters has been very helpful, too.

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

I'm actually pretty glad that InCoWriMo is in February, because I like to send about a bajillion*** valentines out to my friends. That helps my letter count a lot.

***actually about ten

I'm actually pretty glad that InCoWriMo is in February, because I like to send about a bajillion*** valentines out to my friends. That helps my letter count a lot.

***actually about ten

Yeah, next year I might get a box of valentines and just mail them out, too!

I have no idea what a incowrimo is? Therefore as of right now, I guess I am not in since I am clueless. :rolleyes:

Edited by Greebe

International Correspondence Writing Month. Go here for more info. The website hasn't been updated for this year but many people are participating on their own.

Yesterday was a catch-up day. I wrote five letters in the afternoon, which for me is a Herculean output. When I (somewhat proudly) mentioned this fact to my wife she merely looked at me and said "So what else did you do?"

Never try to brag to a home schooling mother of two about how much you accomplished during the day :blush:

Yesterday was a catch-up day. I wrote five letters in the afternoon, which for me is a Herculean output. When I (somewhat proudly) mentioned this fact to my wife she merely looked at me and said "So what else did you do?"

Never try to brag to a home schooling mother of two about how much you accomplished during the day :blush:

Yep. You got burned, friend. Badly. I'm sure she has that look down pat. LOL

Good job on five letters, though. I can only pull that off if I really shut myself away from tv and my computer and gear up for some real writing (probably also would help if I didn't decide to write long letters).

Sharon in Indiana

Letter writing isn't easy though. It is with close family. But with brand new folks to write to, not as easy. My congratulations to alaskazimm. Writing 5 letters/notes is what I'm looking at after a smooth start.

Posted Image

I wrote letters Friday night, Saturday and Sunday Afternoon. I have one last letter to finish this evening and I will have sent a letter to every person I have promised a letter to and answered all the letters that I have received.

I wrote letters Friday night, Saturday and Sunday Afternoon. I have one last letter to finish this evening and I will have sent a letter to every person I have promised a letter to and answered all the letters that I have received.

Nice job! I have a couple of recent letters that arrived in the past two days, but otherwise I am caught up. I do have a penpal who has yet to receive a letter from me, so that one must get done this week.

The thing is, I do write a letter everyday,
but I don't have the time to send them......

(((If you want a letter from me, please PM me your address.