Mister5

I've been writing this month but since it's my first year, I'm not quite sure what I should be writing about. What do you guys write about? (Especially to strangers)

I look for anything that I might have in common with the person. On this forum that is easy, fountain pens. I tell my story and ask for theirs.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sharonspens

• richila

• Misfit

• alaskazimm

Woo Hoo! All the envelopes for my notecards are addressed!!! I am using different ink for other stationery and one letter will be folded and wax sealed. I made a list of all my addresses according to what hobbies we share. So it will be a lot easier to decide what to talk about.

Day 4. Mailed a letter each of the first three days and two postcards today. Trying to stay on track to mail something each day instead of several things at once. woo hoo to me!

Richila, you are very organized!

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

I've got two to do tomorrow, but I suspect I'll catch up tomorrow and Saturday and maybe make a dent in next week.

Tonight my wife and I had homework from my son's fourth-grade teacher. She wants the parents to decorate their childrens' valentines card. The kids each made a card, and the parents are supposed to write something and decorate the card. My over-achieving wife went a bit over-board and we ended up writing haikus and I spent the whole night cutting out hearts and figuring out how to calligraph the haikus onto the small hearts while she decorated the card with bling.

Tomorrow will be letter time. And Saturday.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

I'm two behind at the moment. I was up all night jail guarding last night and planned on getting some letters done only to find out I didn't bring my stationary to write letters :angry: . Looks like tomorrow after the Super Bowl will be the time to catch up . . .

I'm now guessing that since it still hasn't been updated, it probably won't be... :unsure:

The fp geeks site has a google doc. Going where you can put a bit of profile and address stuff on to get things rolling.

Look at recent posts, INCOWRIMO and I think the third page has a link.

Dana

http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/postcard-mini.png http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

Didn't mail anything today, obviously, since mail in the States doesn't go out on Sundays. However, I did write a couple of notecards during the Super Bowl, and they are sealed, stamped and ready to go tomorrow morning. I seem to be on track here at the end of Week 1!

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Woo Hoo! I just finished off my first book of stamps! Three letters were International, so that helped a lot.

Woo Hoo! I just finished off my first book of stamps! Three letters were International, so that helped a lot.

Question : How do you decide who next to write?

Edited by richila

Finished writing and addressing all my letters, but I need to buy more stamps so I'll hopefully get them all out tomorrow!

If anyone else would like to exchange addresses,I'd love to write you!

Edited by Alexandria_jae

I had to write 4 on Sunday to get back on track. I got today's letter done. All have been mailed. Three were thank you notes to places I visited in 2014. The last was a letter to one of my regular pen pals.

I might write to friends I see regularly. I've tried to pique their interest in fountain pens. I gave them Pilot Varsity fountain pens. None have asked about FPs though. Still a letter to friends might be fun for them to receive. I think I'll text them to see if they have a black light. If so I can used Noodler's ghost blue "invisible" ink.

Edited because I typed o instead of I.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

This is the first time I ever heard of InCoWriMo, and I wanted to try but have only done three letters so far. I would love a chance to write to anyone! I tend to do stream-of-consciousness babble in my letters, but would probably talk about pens, ink, or whatever else is on my mind. I have a whole sheet of stamps I haven't used in years, so I am ready.

I'll come up with something eventually.

This is the first time I ever heard of InCoWriMo, and I wanted to try but have only done three letters so far. I would love a chance to write to anyone! I tend to do stream-of-consciousness babble in my letters, but would probably talk about pens, ink, or whatever else is on my mind. I have a whole sheet of stamps I haven't used in years, so I am ready.

There are a bunch of people listed in this shared google spreadsheet that was started from a thread on the FPGeeks forum. I'm in there (gordyt) and will send reply letters to anyone who writes.

Lol, the combination of fountain pens and multiple books of forever stamps that I haven't used made writing a letter a day very alluring.

There are a bunch of people listed in this shared google spreadsheet that was started from a thread on the FPGeeks forum. I'm in there (gordyt) and will send reply letters to anyone who writes.

Lovely! I did find that when I Googled for addresses, but wasn't sure if it would be acceptable to write to those people without being part of FPGeeks. I will take advantage of that list. :)

I'll come up with something eventually.