... Homemade Journal ... 2016

RMN

These have to be some of the most beautiful handmade notebooks I have ever laid eyes on. How...? I wish I could make these. I'm...I'm not crying!

I stumbled on this post while putting off making a journal for some friends. I am glad I took the time to look through. I am very new, binding my 5th (maybe 6th) journal using Coptic stitch and am inspired by a lot of the things you do to add interest and functionality to your journals. Very cool to see. Thanks for sharing.

I have been scrolling through this thread with my jaw hanging open. These are absolutely stunning pieces. My only criticism, as others have mentioned, is that I can't thing of anything worthy of being written in such a gorgeous book -- I'd have to pass them to poet friends! Please do keep posting, this thread is incredibly enjoyable.

Thank you all for your kind words :D

... 671 crafted ... one at a time ... ☺️

instagram

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TMLee

• mhguda

• pen2paper

• my63

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am just so delighted to be able to say that this pair is mine! All mine! TMLee, your work is pure art. Thank you for creating such perfectly executed journals. I look forward to the joy of using these!

:D :D :D

I am happy you like them ....

instagram

Mostly some practice. Having beautiful materials helps a lot. TMLee's threads goes back ~10 years. Search back and see his original single digit journals.

I bind my own journal refills. Rounding the corners of 64 pages x 4 corners takes more time than stitching it up.

Yes , true .

This is another one craft that gets better with practice.

:D

Punching corners?

Hmmm ...

I am quite sure you know you can punch a few sheets or a whole Signature at one go? :)

instagram

• 2 months later...

what happened to all my pics?

can you see any of my pics at all?

not sure if its a phishing scam?

:( :( :(

instagram

hmmm ...

photobucket says I have to pay $399 per year , in order that all my pics on this Forum can be viewed by you here.

i cant afford that ,

I am devastated.

10 years ? of my journey here all erased

:( :( :(

instagram

I've been watching your thread for the past 7 years at least, and I cannot believe you've lost all your images. It's a tremendous loss, and as someone who works with graphics, I really do feel for you.

There are two threads already running wrt this topic. You may want to take a look; perhaps they can offer help?

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/324773-photobucket-links-blocked/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3880371

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/324776-change-to-photobucket/page-3?do=findComment&comment=3881549

Here is a proposal for you, TM. Maybe actually two proposals.

I'm assuming you still have the pictures... Photobucket can't just confiscate them, can they? And if you upload them, does it mean you no longer have them on your own PC? That would not be good...

But, anyway. If you still want to share that work. Put all the pictures in one document (PDF?) and I think you could then make that available for download to those of us who are interested. Worth looking into?

Second, for pictures from today on forward: use the Upload tab to put them right here on FPN. From what I understand, there is no limit to the number of pictures that can be uploaded and shared - there is just a limit on the size of each individual picture. I think it has to be under 2MB, which I think is no hardship, really.

Anyway, I hope you will still make the pictures available at some point... I've loved and followed the discussion through the years.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

NO! no no no No! so sad.. like Ken's generous lessons in calligraphy, your journey developing and sharing here has been pure treasure.

So unjust!

I hope you have saved photos in and on alternate locations?

edit to include an article that better describe the basic issue, and why uploading to FPN is consideration

See July 11 article on PT Plagiarism Today: "The Dangers of Building Your Business On Someone Else's Platform"

basically how they can pull the rug out from under... most users are small without resources or time to fight. So seek multiple options.

Edited by pen2paper

I've been watching your thread for the past 7 years at least, and I cannot believe you've lost all your images. It's a tremendous loss, and as someone who works with graphics, I really do feel for you.

There are two threads already running wrt this topic. You may want to take a look; perhaps they can offer help?

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/324773-photobucket-links-blocked/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3880371

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/324776-change-to-photobucket/page-3?do=findComment&comment=3881549

Thanks for the links , will read them.

I was really caught by surprise

instagram

Here is a proposal for you, TM. Maybe actually two proposals.

I'm assuming you still have the pictures... Photobucket can't just confiscate them, can they? And if you upload them, does it mean you no longer have them on your own PC? That would not be good...

But, anyway. If you still want to share that work. Put all the pictures in one document (PDF?) and I think you could then make that available for download to those of us who are interested. Worth looking into?

Second, for pictures from today on forward: use the Upload tab to put them right here on FPN. From what I understand, there is no limit to the number of pictures that can be uploaded and shared - there is just a limit on the size of each individual picture. I think it has to be under 2MB, which I think is no hardship, really.

Anyway, I hope you will still make the pictures available at some point... I've loved and followed the discussion through the years.

Yes you are correct.

The photos are all safe.

I can still access them.

But the links to them have been blocked.

The pain is that the pics are posted here as a story of my journey

The pics narrate the descriptions and vice versa.

The FPN uploads have limits that are easily exceeded for the kind of postings I do.

Even tho I am aware of pic size limits.

(My pics are always very small in bytesize)

instagram

NO! no no no No! so sad.. like Ken's generous lessons in calligraphy, your journey developing and sharing here has been pure treasure.

So unjust!

I hope you have saved photos in and on alternate locations?

edit to include an article that better describe the basic issue, and why uploading to FPN is consideration

See July 11 article on PT Plagiarism Today: "The Dangers of Building Your Business On Someone Else's Platform"

basically how they can pull the rug out from under... most users are small without resources or time to fight. So seek multiple options.

My pics are all intact in Photobucket.

They are all in albums

I also just checked ,

and double whammy - ALL my other topics which I started , the links are also blocked.

You can't view the pics there too.

Even my old original Super Long thread (which is locked) suffers the same predicament.

Essentially everything TMLee.

This is just too painful.

instagram

TM lee try contacting Wim the admin he may be able to back your pictures up to the FPN server.

Thanks , the pics are all intact.

The links to them are blocked by photobucket.

The links can be unblocked for USD$399 per year.

BTW, what do you use to post your pics?

Edited by TMLee

instagram

Work with those here finding work around solutions to move photos elsewhere, and then back here, perhaps in a grouped by topic/discussion lesson?

You do have your photos on pc or icloud, or backed up on USB? not only at Photobucket?

I'd never pay what amounts to ransom for fruits of my own labor - personally since I have no such gifted talents. But of course, the lovely artistry shared here by you Ken and others is a personal issue.

While all of it in every developmental lesson would be too time consuming to replicate, a grouping of basics in stages might be possible.

Work with others here to see what can be done. :-)

Yes you are correct.

The photos are all safe.

I can still access them.

But the links to them have been blocked.

TMLee,

If I understand what I'm reading here, you're saying that you do, in fact, have access to the photos, but that it is only the links that are blocked.

Some of the people who posted in those threads I attached above mentioned that they too had access to their photos, but only for a limited time, and that Photobucket seems to be blocking access to those photos on a rolling basis, such that, ultimately, you won't be able to access the pictures.

If that's the case, you may want to start copying them out of Photobucket, before they block your access, so that you have copies of your own.

D

TMLee,

If I understand what I'm reading here, you're saying that you do, in fact, have access to the photos, but that it is only the links that are blocked.

Some of the people who posted in those threads I attached above mentioned that they too had access to their photos, but only for a limited time, and that Photobucket seems to be blocking access to those photos on a rolling basis, such that, ultimately, you won't be able to access the pictures.

If that's the case, you may want to start copying them out of Photobucket, before they block your access, so that you have copies of your own.

D

Oh no !

I am not aware there is a time limit.

Thanks for bringing to my attention.

wonder how long do I have?

this is distressing.

:(

instagram

Thanks , the pics are all intact.

The links to them are blocked by photobucket.

The links can be unblocked for USD$399 per year.

BTW, what do you use to post your pics?

I think my earliest ones are on photo bucket but most are on Flickr I did have a pro account at first but it was only 30 dollars per year. But they encouraged people to switch to free accounts a few years ago.

For more details on my current projects please visit my blog.

https://my63leather.wixsite.com/my63

I am not aware there is a time limit.

Thanks for bringing to my attention.

wonder how long do I have?

I can't answer the time limit question. From what some of the Members in the other posts mentioned, it seemed like the timing was arbitrary. Some never had access after Photobucket made the announcement, and some seemed to have access for a few days and then lost it.

But that "few days" was already a few days ago. So, if I were you and I didn't have local copies, then I'd start downloading immediately.

I hope this all works out.

D.

I can't answer the time limit question. From what some of the Members in the other posts mentioned, it seemed like the timing was arbitrary. Some never had access after Photobucket made the announcement, and some seemed to have access for a few days and then lost it.

But that "few days" was already a few days ago. So, if I were you and I didn't have local copies, then I'd start downloading immediately.

I hope this all works out.

D.

Thanks so much for your headsup again.

Will make a backup of all my photo albums soonest possible.

Without the right $priceplan on photobucket ,

Am I understanding it right that even if I were to say create a blog, I STILL cannot post links nor embed pics there?

Photobucket users number in the millions !!!!

Wonder how many people are affected like me?

It really feels miserable at my end.

But I guess PB must have reasons for this change.

Just wished that there was a better solution

And to think that I just studied Gen 23 in depth on 5 July 2017

Providence is closer than we think !

(Apologies Mod, I know religion is off-limis)

Edited by TMLee

instagram

My understanding -- and again, this comes only from having read the posts that I linked to above -- is that Photobucket will not be allowing anyone to create links to photos stored on their service unless those people pay the fees requested. In other words, for all intents and purposes, Photobucket is only useful now if you pay the fee.

That said, a bunch of FPN members have suggested alternative photo storage/linking services that continue to be free (or have a very small charge) on those threads I linked to above.

Good luck getting the images downloaded. You have so much wonderful work there.

D.