What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2016

RMN

The one on the left is one of my newest pens. He is together with one of my favorites pens.

Sorry for the black and white trim of the photo but I like it that way.

fpn_1453624282__146_silver_small.jpg

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• Tom Kellie

• da vinci

• zaddick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@MiamiArchStudent: Great pen! 30 or 35? I've been using my new Meisterstück 35 since last week at work (bought from zaddick); I really like how they write and that they are light weight.

@RotePappkiste: Classic! ...now you need a matching Barleycorn as well ;-) By the way: great Poe.

@888007888: want to find a cool blue Starwalker for myself as well before they are all gone :-)

Cheers

Michael

Orfew, nice MB Tribute BP! Great deal! I gather, however, you did not buy a 1912 Heritage Capless Rollerball?

Thanks, it is a very nice pen. You are correct, I did not buy the Heritage RB even though it would match my Heritage FP. When I held it, it felt too light and very cheap.That is not a feeling I am used to when handling MB pens. Their fit finish and feel are always near perfection for me. It was not the case this time. I also played with the 'M' RB. It seemed unbalanced to me and slightly too heavy. In the end the Tribute to the Montblanc BP was the right choice.

Thanks for the kind words.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

@farmdogfan and Michael R: Thanks! It is a 30. I love the light weight of the pen, and it is really well balanced. Best of all is, it has an extra fine nib that can write hairlines, so it's great for drawing and sketching.

Maybe not a "purchase," but I *found* a Montblanc 149 from my grandfather's days... I see rust on the nib.

William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

@ Michael R. : Thanks a lot. Next will be a matching BP and then a Vermeil Faden perhaps.

In the last weeks I had a bit of binge buying.

But I am not good at taking pictures of my pens and even worse at reviewing pens. So this picture was a first try.

Marcel

Yesterday I received a Legrand 146 Platinum with a B nib. First MB in the collection.

I have been looking at B nibbed 146/7's for a while now.

Does your nib exhibit stub like characteristics thus giving you a small amount of line variation?

Pulled the trigger on a Charles Dickens WE. Now for the anticipation for the Postman to bring my "precious" to me....

On a separate note:

Has anyone heard any rumors about this years WE?

Visconti: Millionaire LE, HS Lava Steel, Opera Club Honey Almond, Michelangelo Black/Rose

Aurora Optima 365 LE, Mar Adriatico LE

Omas Galileo '93, '15 Year of Light, F.A.O., Paragon Burlwood LE

Delta MOMO Design Rose LE

Mont Blanc Johannes Brahms, Georges Solti, 146 LeGrand Platinum, Model #32 (cracked), WE Leo Tolstoy, 146 Burgundy, Model 22, 149 Platinum, Marc Newson, WE Charles Dickens, Rouge et Noir Coral

Hooligan LE #6

TWSBI Diamond 580 X2 and Eco

I have been looking at B nibbed 146/7's for a while now.

Does your nib exhibit stub like characteristics thus giving you a small amount of line variation?

Yes, mine is pretty stubish and gives me a good amount of line variation. Lovely nib.

@MiamiArchStudent: Great pen! 30 or 35? I've been using my new Meisterstück 35 since last week at work (bought from zaddick); I really like how they write and that they are light weight.

@RotePappkiste: Classic! ...now you need a matching Barleycorn as well ;-) By the way: great Poe.

@888007888: want to find a cool blue Starwalker for myself as well before they are all gone :-)

Cheers

Michael

I highly recommend the StarWalker Cool Blue Michael. They are definitely getting harder to come by at reasonable prices. I also like the MB SW Midnight Black Metal. Very different feel in the hands than any other MB SW out there. Quite unique

Thanks, i have no idea why it is like that, and i haven´t been able to find anything about it,

maybe the original star fell out, and someone made this instead,

but i have a MB 35 with the same cap end, so more than one was made.

I seem to remember the star symbol was unacceptable in the Middle East.... but I don't know the details any more.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I seem to remember the star symbol was unacceptable in the Middle East.... but I don't know the details any more.

D.ick

What I know is that it was unacceptable in Nazi Germany, not the Middle East.