Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• billydo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hope Henry makes the London Pen Show, if not, he will be very sorely missed.

Best wishes to you, you incredibly talented artisan you.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

• 1 year later...

Henry and Ghost Plane have both gone missing! Any word on either of them!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I'm afraid that Henry isn't in the best of health these days, and I'm not too sure if he is looking in at FPN anymore. If anyone needs a reminder of his beautiful work and great talent here's a link to his website: www.henrysimpole.com

Yes, we wish Henry well. His web has not been updated for a while now.

I had one very nice dealing with him when he purchased a pen from me...a Waterman Patrician in need of some TLC. Something perhaps that Henry also needs.

I'm afraid that Henry isn't in the best of health these days, and I'm not too sure if he is looking in at FPN anymore. If anyone needs a reminder of his beautiful work and great talent here's a link to his website: www.henrysimpole.com

Thanks for the update Billydo

Henry was kind enough to share his method of making pen trays with me in great detail some time ago I still use his method. Please send him best wishes from everyone here at FPN.

For more details on my current projects please visit my blog.

https://my63leather.wixsite.com/my63

• 3 months later...

So I am also wondering how Henry is. I was in contact with him about a year ago and managed to pick up a pen from him but when I tried to purchase another one a few months later he had vanished. His web site says that there are no pens available at this time.

I am not assuming anything but it would be great to know how he is doing.

Philip

www.scriptusinc.com

• 1 month later...

So I am also wondering how Henry is. I was in contact with him about a year ago and managed to pick up a pen from him but when I tried to purchase another one a few months later he had vanished. His web site says that there are no pens available at this time.

I am not assuming anything but it would be great to know how he is doing.

Philip

Some of you might remember that I'm Henry's photographer friend, and it's time I gave everyone an update.

Unfortunately, due to serious ill health Henry has had to permanently cease trading. He is unable to enter correspondence with anyone and I'm currently looking after his website/business affairs. If anyone would like to pass on personal messages I can forward these via his family.

It's worth reminding everyone that he no longer has his sales unit at The Admiral Vernon Arcade in Portobello Road, nor does he or his family reside at his previously longstanding home address in Wanstead, so please don't send anything there!

On the henrysimpole.com website I hope to soon be listing all remaining stock, including pens from his own personal overlay collection. There are several unique 'one-off' pieces that have never been shown before, and they will all be available to buy.

I'll keep you all informed through this thread.

Best wishes,

Neal.

Edited by billydo

Some of you might remember that I'm Henry's photographer friend, and it's time I gave everyone an update.

Unfortunately, due to serious ill health Henry has had to permanently cease trading. He is unable to enter correspondence with anyone and I'm currently looking after his website/business affairs. If anyone would like to pass on personal messages I can forward these via his family.

It's worth reminding everyone that he no longer has his sales unit at The Admiral Vernon Arcade in Portobello Road, nor does he or his family reside at his previously longstanding home address in Wanstead, so please don't send anything there!

On the henrysimpole.com website I hope to soon be listing all remaining stock, including pens from his own personal overlay collection. There are several unique 'one-off' pieces that have never been shown before, and they will all be available to buy.

I'll keep you all informed through this thread.

Best wishes,

Neal.

Thank you for the update, Neal.

Best wishes to Henry.

Thank you for the update.

Please share with Henry that we have missed him, his wry wit, his stories, and his craftsmanship.

Warm wishes,

gary

So sorry to hear this! I bought a Jasmine pen from him several years ago when he came to the Arkansas Pen Show. Wonderful wit and personality, hate that he is going down hill. Best wishes to he and his family.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

So sorry to hear this! I bought a Jasmine pen from him several years ago when he came to the Arkansas Pen Show. Wonderful wit and personality, hate that he is going down hill. Best wishes to he and his family.

I will always remember Henry from his time with us at the Arkansas Pen Show, a greatly talented and witty man....best wishes for him and his family.

Mike

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

I'm really sorry to have to share some sad news. After a long and difficult illness, our dear friend Henry passed away peacefully at home last Friday.

If anyone has condolences, anecdotes or pictures that would like to share on here, please do so; I'm sure that they will be a great comfort to Henry's family at this difficult time.

Best wishes,

Neal.

Edited by billydo

I am very sorry to hear this news Neal, please pass on our very best wishes to the family.

Henry managed to combine great skill with a warm and friendly personality.

He will be missed.

What sad news indeed... my condolences to his family and everyone else who knew him. He created magnificent pieces of art and seemed to be a fine fellow otherwise too.

^^^ Bump

Henry was a very good man, an artist and a craftsman, acknowldged by many to be a Master of his craft

Apologies for the bump but I think that it is important that this thread has a high visibility.

Edited by Beechwood

This makes me so very sad! I so enjoyed my several encounters with Henry over the years. His Pens are a true work of art, I purchased a Jasmine from him that was magnificant! Here he is at the Arkansas Pen show I believe in 2014.

post-5351-0-09691500-1592335050_thumb.jpg

post-5351-0-21943900-1592335060_thumb.jpg

post-5351-0-26517100-1592335067_thumb.jpg

post-5351-0-57352500-1592335077_thumb.jpg

PAKMAN