Has Anyone Heard Of Henry Simpole 2016

RMN

:yikes: I'm new to the forum and only now discovered this post and your pens... Wow! So beautiful! Now I desperately want one!

(And get well soon!)

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• billydo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tend yourself preciously, dear Truffle. Glad to hear you are improving. 😙

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

Many thanks for all your kind wishes! It is rather nice that I seem to have been missed!

At the moment, I haven't got much of a clue when I will be back home, and in my workshop, but it is looking as though it might not be until after Christmas!

Tim has been marvellous, and has been able to cover for me up at my booth at Portobello Road, but sadly he will not be able to make it this coming Saturday.

I have been staying with my sister in the woolly wilds of Essex since I came out of hospital, and although I took my lap top with me, we have been unable to get it to 'jump into life' so I have experienced what it was like before I became involved with the world of cyber-space!!! Still, I'm sure that that won't do me any harm!

Maybe on a future visit back to my workshop, I will be able to post another 'post' on here!

Merry Christmas.

Truffle Finder. :) :)

Oh dear! I'm having a flashback to my younger days and the Viz comics. Weren't the Fat Slags in the strip Essex girls?! :yikes: Nyyyyaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to fpn (and, indeed, to fountain pens) and I'm looking to buy one as a gift. Does anyone know if Henry (or Tim) will be at his stall in Portobello tomorrow?

Thanks!

(and I hope you're well, Henry!)

I'm very sorry, but neither I or Tim was able to be at my booth in Portobello Road last Saturday.

Hopefully it won't be too long before I get well enough to resume my trading there, but at the moment, it is anyone's guess when that will be.

I hope that my lap-top continues to behave itself, and so hopefully, I will be able to post things on this thread from now on!

Truffle Finder. :) :D

Welcome back to FPN. I am certain that your posts have been missed by many and that everyone wishes you well.

Steve P.

• 3 weeks later...

In view of Henry's continued absence/recovery I hope that he can get to see this quick montage of images from the last 18 months. It might brighten his day?!

I hope that he can get back to good health soon... :-)

fpn_1516469880__henrymontage2018.jpg

Dear Neal, that was very thoughtful of you to have posted those photographs!

It did brighten up my day, thank you.

Looking at them, made me feel sad that yet again I was not able to be at Portobello again today!

Still, who knows, maybe soon I will be there again soon.

Again thank you to everyone who has sent in their good wishes.

Truffle Finder. :) :D

Glad you are well enough to have a look in. Get better soon or I’ll be sending the Inquisition round with the comfy chair!

As we all know, 'nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition', but surely not the 'Comfy Chair!' Have you no heart?

Truffle Finder.

• 1 month later...

Henry continues to recover from his illness, but I'm sorry to say that the era of his pen booth at the Admiral Vernon arcade in Portobello Road has now come to an end. Everything has now been cleared and it's very unlikely that he will be returning.

I think Henry has had a stall in that arcade for nearly 25 years, so it's a real shame to see him have to leave. :(

I’m sad to hear that.

I had the opportunity of visiting his stall during a visit to London (summer/2016) and we spent about 2h chatting about pens. It was one of the highlights of my trip.

I wish Henry a speedy recovery, and I hope that soon we can see him around FPN again.

Henry continues to recover from his illness, but I'm sorry to say that the era of his pen booth at the Admiral Vernon arcade in Portobello Road has now come to an end. Everything has now been cleared and it's very unlikely that he will be returning.

I think Henry has had a stall in that arcade for nearly 25 years, so it's a real shame to see him have to leave. :(

Oh no! I’ve been plotting how to get there.

Hope his recovery goes smoothly and he’s chipper soon.