• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• billydo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am pleased to say, that the overlays are now at the Assay Office, and I assume that they should be ready to collect within a week.

So, I'm cooking with gas!!!

Thanks Esterbex for posting the C/S Chatsworth pens on this thread!

Truffle Finder. :) :D

Hi

One of the items missing from this wonderful thread/compendium of Simpole-work is his exquisite tribute to his favourite movie star – the Marilyn Monroe Overlay – so I’m about to correct the oversight.

The concept of creating a Marilyn Monroe pen was first mooted in discussions between Henry and Conway Stewart way back in 2012 and although agreement was eventually reached and Henry started work on it, the manufacturing company was in a perilous state and, as we are all aware, eventually went into administration in 2014 and eventually into liquidation.

That left Henry with a lot of unsold overlays and a promotion that was going nowhere until Bespoke British Pens stepped in and picked up the pieces earlier this year. You will find more images of the pen on our website – and no prizes for guessing who was the photographer!

Enjoy!

David, Bespoke British Pens

post-119019-0-12868100-1478278536_thumb.jpg

Hi

One of the items missing from this wonderful thread/compendium of Simpole-work is his exquisite tribute to his favourite movie star – the Marilyn Monroe Overlay – so I’m about to correct the oversight.

The concept of creating a Marilyn Monroe pen was first mooted in discussions between Henry and Conway Stewart way back in 2012 and although agreement was eventually reached and Henry started work on it, the manufacturing company was in a perilous state and, as we are all aware, eventually went into administration in 2014 and eventually into liquidation.

That left Henry with a lot of unsold overlays and a promotion that was going nowhere until Bespoke British Pens stepped in and picked up the pieces earlier this year. You will find more images of the pen on our website – and no prizes for guessing who was the photographer!

Enjoy!

David, Bespoke British Pens

attachicon.gifMM2 logo.jpg

I think Norma Jean would have liked this.

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

Yesterday's trip to Portobello Road was not exactly a game changing whirlwind of money-making activity, but I did buy two writing instruments which were offered to me during the course of the day.

The first one was a solid silver Yard-o-Led ball-point pen 'mint' and in its box. The second one was a Mont Blanc 146 fountain pen, with rose gold trim, and 18ct rose gold nib, with the 90 year celebratory nib design. It is as new condition, and has its box.

So, despite the reduced economics this Saturday, it was well worth going up there.

Sorry Ghost Plane, it is not your favourite type of nib, it is quite fine, I'm afraid!

As fine nibs go, it is actually really nice to use, but it's not my style either, but hopefully, someone will snap it up between now and Christmas!

I have just been informed that the Chatsworth overlays are now Hall-Marked, and are ready to be collected, so that will be done later today.

Hopefully, I will send them off to the West Country for the Base-Pens to be made up, but I'm afraid I haven't a clue how long that might take to be done, but no doubt I will announce that when they will be ready, on this thread!

I know that earlier you said Henry that you were thinking of only black bodies for these pens. I do agree that the more colourful plastics were not to my taste as well but I was wondering if perhaps a red hard rubber might be quite attractive as an option to the black?

All the best

Philip

www.scriptusinc.com

I have been noodling around looking for other images of the Chatsworth/Wembley pens and found this link. http://www.penporium.com/Conway-Stewart-s/107.htm?searching=Y&sort=2&cat=107&show=16&page=3

No affliliation and frankly just posting it to see if my eyes are getting a bit too feeble since the overlays look different on the Chatsworth to the Wembley.

Oh thou with keener vision let me know what you think.

P

www.scriptusinc.com

Do you know what Seville?

I think that you are right, it is definitely a different design of the overlay!

I suppose that could be the reason why it was called The Wembley!

I am feeling much better then. Of course this does present another bit of a problem. If I can get a Chatsworth in RHR and preferred nib size then I will have to pull my CS Centenary out from sale as I figure that any 3 pens (this number includes my Spirit of Life pen) of the same type constitute a collection.

Philip

www.scriptusinc.com

Who intimated that the Wembley and the Chatsworth were the same designs? I seem to have missed that conversation.But whilst we are in the mention of RHR, let me get in on that selection. Medium italic please. I have enough BI to satisfy my tastes now.

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown