Has Anyone Heard Of Henry Simpole 2016

RMN

This is the new 2016 version of the topic:

Has Anyone Heard Of Henry Simpole 2015

The last posts in the old topic can be found here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/281821-has-anyone-heard-of-henry-simpole-2015/page-19?do=findComment&comment=3528768

Enjoy

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• billydo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back atcha.

Completely off topic, I found an excellent source of saffron in the U.S, - Rumi Spice.com. Had a chat about the possibility of saffron sugar cubes.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled celebration.

Back atcha.

Completely off topic, I found an excellent source of saffron in the U.S, - Rumi Spice.com. Had a chat about the possibility of saffron sugar cubes.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled celebration.

You must share the progress of this request!

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

Happy New Year to all followers of this thread, and may 2016 be kind to your and your loved ones,

I spent the night at work, and managed to be standing on the Greenwich Meridian in admittedly North Greenwich at midnight. Most of those around us had partaken of more than enough alcohol to realise where they were at the point.

On the plus side, I had a very good view of a firework display on the Isle of Dogs.

And now back to more usual viewing. I have settled down for an enjoyable hour or so setting up my 2016 diary. I currently only have one pen inked (abnormally restrained of me), and it just so happens to be my CS100 with Truffle's overlay cap band.

Good morning, View from the loft! [And Happy New Year].

Good to see that you have such 'good taste' regarding your choice of pens!!!

Truffle Finder :) :D :excl:

Hope your first Portobello day in 2016 is a prosperous one!

~~Larry Brown

Thanks for your kind thoughts Esterbex!

BTW, a little birdie told me that the Dupont Pen that I 'found' a week or so ago is called a Montparnesse, apparently. Don't know what it means! Difficult to spell! Never heard of it!

Still, it's quite attractive, so hopefully it should sell quite easily.

Truffle Finder. :) :D :lol:

Edited by Truffle Finder

Just googled it and saw good photos of it here on FPN. Very attractive pen I must say. Have a productive day thanks,

Post Script

Thanks Esterbex!

The Dupont pen didn't sell today, but I am very pleased to say that I did fairly well up there at Portobello.

The first person to arrive at my booth was the Lebanese gentleman, I had taken the precaution to have got the three pens ready for him, [and tested each one!] before he arrived, so everything was concluded very briskly. Then I sold two other pens to two different people, one was for someone's father [who collects vintage pens], and the other one was as a Christmas Present to himself, [also a collector!]

So, I think that everyone was happy!

Truffle Finder. :) :D :lol:

Sunday, and Mondays are usually my days for doing whatever pen repairs have come to me while I'm at my booth at Portobello on Saturdays.

Once I had completed the customer's repairs, I got stuck in doing some work on a Parker International sized Duofold [in black, with Gold-filled trim] so, having cleaned it up, and then polished it, I put a silver Acanthus Patterned overlay on the barrel of the pen. Strangely enough, the G/F trim in gold doesn't clash with the silver metal overlay. I think that I have sold at least four of them like this.

Anyway, I'm quite happy with today's work, everything's up to date, I'm pleased to say.

Truffle Finder. :) :D

Today, a good friend of mine who is a collector/dealer of fountain pens, came over to see me to do a bit of horse-trading, and I ended up owning a Pelican 600 in black, and a black PFM Mk5.

The Pelican had got a huge engraved name along the barrel, and the PFM needed the blind cap replacing for the correct one.

Tuesday turned into a 'repairs day', as well as Sunday and Monday this week!

Hey Ho!!! Both are done, and are now in my stock, ready for next Saturday.

Earlier this week, I got a phone call from a gentleman who is in the Armed Forces.

He explained to me that he had found a Conway Stewart Dinkie pen amongst the items, after a relative of his had passed away. We talked briefly on the phone, about what he thought needed to be done to the pen, and I gave him an idea of the cost, but I told him that I would contact him again once I had seen the pen.

The parcel arrived yesterday morning, and I found that as well as needing re-sacking, it also needed a replacement lever, and a new nib!

In the note which accompanied the pen, he had explained that he wanted to give the pen to a relative, and that he was due to go 'back to base' in the next few days, so there was a degree of urgency!

I'm pleased to say that the pen has been done, and is all packed up, and will be winging it's way back to him later today!

When I rang him last night to tell him that it was done, he was absolutely delighted, and thanked me very much.

Sometimes it is very satisfying to do this kind of work!

This is the new 2016 version of the topic:

Has Anyone Heard Of Henry Simpole 2015

The last posts in the old topic can be found here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/281821-has-anyone-heard-of-henry-simpole-2015/page-19?do=findComment&comment=3528768

Enjoy

D.ick

I see what you did there. Smooth!

~~Larry Brown

Sorry for the hiatus gap in this thread, but a large crack has appeared in one of the walls in my workshop. The builders have been in to look at it, and have asked me to clear the space around the area that they will be working in.

I have been doing that, and during the course of moving everything to the other side of the room, I decided to sort through approximately 500 vintage fountain pen nibs! It has been a long process, but I have broken the back of it, but there are still a few more to put into plastic see-through bags, before I can put them [in some sort of order] into boxes.

Hey-ho! Life is a bit like that!

Truffle Finder. :) :D :lol: :excl: