Montblanc Great Characters Andy Warhol 100 Limited Edition

christianch

I just visited the Montblanc boutique and I wanted to share some photos of the Andy Warhol 100 Limited Edition. A truly unusual and gorgeous pen !

Here you can see it with my 1928 (which is also very nice and special) which do you like more ?

You can also see in the tray two different montblanc skeleton, which do you like more and why? :)

Christian

post-104515-0-86107600-1452199476_thumb.jpg

post-104515-0-01842900-1452199496_thumb.jpg

post-104515-0-56534200-1452199516_thumb.jpg

post-104515-0-71607500-1452199573_thumb.jpg

post-104515-0-55871600-1452199850_thumb.jpg

post-104515-0-87821800-1452199994_thumb.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• christianch

• mjchuang9

• PAKMAN

• hkwinger

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The blue skeleton is my favorite of the ones shown. Not so sure I like the Warhol but it is reminiscent of his work.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

yes indeed the warhol 100 is very much a love it or hate it deal. Of course is also in a different pricing planet but it was nice to see it and compare it with the more accessible (and still gorgeous) 1928.

Thanks for letting me know about the skeletons. I am thinking of one for my birthday in March so trying to gather some opinions!

yes indeed the warhol 100 is very much a love it or hate it deal. Of course is also in a different pricing planet but it was nice to see it and compare it with the more accessible (and still gorgeous) 1928.

Thanks for letting me know about the skeletons. I am thinking of one for my birthday in March so trying to gather some opinions!

What was the price on the Warhol /100? Is it the same price range as the skeletons?

I personally love the Warhol. The great characters series happens to be my favorite series. The Warhol pens and especially this edition is quite a departure from what Montblanc has done in the past in my opinion.

can't remember exactly but was around 28-30K so x3 the price of the skeletons :)

The Warhol is also in gold so a very different pen. I agree that the Warhol pens are really special and I am content with the 1928 -- the flower colours are just stunning...

I has bought the 1928 flower Andy Warhol and published an issue about it in another topic as follows:

When the pen screws in the cap, I found the nib may slightly touched the inner ring of the cap, which constrict the left side of the nib to a little bit deformation. Is it a defect of design ? Any owner has the similar issue ? If so , even I has exchanged the nib, it will happen again. It is a little bit annoying , although it still works well now.

I still like the flower most, and maybe will buy a skeleton later.(not yet decide which one, both are gorgeous. )

The Warhol pens are not too my taste, but I think the 100 captures the spirit of his art better.

I like the Blue Hour skeleton better. I was surprised that the skeleton was matte finish which makes it more usable to me around the office. The nib design is a bit of a letdown though.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I has bought the 1928 flower Andy Warhol and published an issue about it in another topic as follows:

When the pen screws in the cap, I found the nib may slightly touched the inner ring of the cap, which constrict the left side of the nib to a little bit deformation. Is it a defect of design ? Any owner has the similar issue ? If so , even I has exchanged the nib, it will happen again. It is a little bit annoying , although it still works well now.

I still like the flower most, and maybe will buy a skeleton later.(not yet decide which one, both are gorgeous. )

umhh not sure if I understand this. I have inked the pen and used it in the past 2 days and I didn't notice any strange sound or a deformation of the nib.

the 100 seemed pretty identical to me but I couldn't tell -- how do I check the nib once is inside the cap? :o

Perhaps with such a long cap one has to be more careful but frankly I buy to use so as long as it doesn't get damaged I don't mind as much about scratches etc.

Flower is the best design I think even nicer than the 100 all things considered.

I think the skeleton are really nice and a 149 nib is a welcome change for so many 146 size nib in all the other editions. Even the warhol 100 has a 146 nib.

Can't decide which of the two is nicer :X I like the matt and larger skeleton of the blue hours but the black anniversary might be more significant and more business like.

The Warhol pens are not too my taste, but I think the 100 captures the spirit of his art better.

I like the Blue Hour skeleton better. I was surprised that the skeleton was matte finish which makes it more usable to me around the office. The nib design is a bit of a letdown though.

I agree the blue hours nib is a letdown ... the 90 anniversary is much nicer and rose gold is gorgeous

On the left edge of the nib has a tiny mark now. Of course as you said it may due to the operation of the long cap ,although I am very careful to use the pen. Anyway it can be screw in the cap smoothly now.