South West Pen Show 2016, England

ianpw

The UK Pen Shows' 2016 programme kicks off with the South West Pen Show in Bristol England, Details as follows:

South West Pen Show 2016

Hilton Hotel Bristol,Woodlands Lane, Bradley Stoke, Bristol, BS32 4JF

Open from 10:00am - 4:00pm

There will be the usual pre-show get together on Saturday night meeting for drinks at the Hilton bar at around 7:00pm and then moving on to a restaurant for dinner, everyone is welcome to join us.

Hope to see you at the show.

Ian

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ianpw

• Inkwellpens

• Lee Wright

• da vinci

Maybe an idea of the date that this show is being held might be helpful to people who may be interested?

There is an excellent calendar section on FPN, check it out. :thumbup:

Hi Ian, Carys and I would love to join you all for dinner this year if that's alright?

www.thepenandinkwell.com @ inkwellpens

Hi Ian, Carys and I would love to join you all for dinner this year if that's alright?

Sorry didn't mean to post twice 😊

Edited by Inkwellpens

Hi Ruth, You and Carys would be more than welcome. Many of us will be staying at the Hilton on Saturday night and we generally start gathering in the bar between 18:00 - 18:30. We will then move on to the Aztec West hotel restaurant, this is about a 10 minute walk from the Hilton. There is about 14 of us meeting uo at the moment including John Sorowka (Oxonian),Roger Blowers from Spain (RogerB), David McCarthy (David6), Mark Catley from Vintage Fountain Pens.co.uk, John Twiss of Twiss Pens, Graham Jasper of Carter Associates (high end vintage pens) and a few others. Really looking forward to seeing you both there.

Ian

UK Pen Shows.

Me and my wife will be attending. It is our first pen show, we are both very excited and look forward to meeting everyone there!

Hi Ruth, You and Carys would be more than welcome. Many of us will be staying at the Hilton on Saturday night and we generally start gathering in the bar between 18:00 - 18:30. We will then move on to the Aztec West hotel restaurant, this is about a 10 minute walk from the Hilton. There is about 14 of us meeting uo at the moment including John Sorowka (Oxonian),Roger Blowers from Spain (RogerB), David McCarthy (David6), Mark Catley from Vintage Fountain Pens.co.uk, John Twiss of Twiss Pens, Graham Jasper of Carter Associates (high end vintage pens) and a few others. Really looking forward to seeing you both there.

Ian

UK Pen Shows.

Thanks, I've been chatting with John Sorowka about it, I know Roger B and look forward to meeting everyone else. X

• 2 weeks later...

With just under a week to go to the South West Pen Show (taking place at Bristol Hilton Hotel,

Woodlands Lane, Bradley Stoke, Bristol, BS32 4JF on Sunday 24th. January 2016), the show is absolutely packed with more dealers than ever taking part. All our regulars will be there as well as some new faces

One of those new faces and a welcome addition to our shows is bespoke notebook manufacturer William Hannah Limited (www.williamhannah.com ). Message me if you want a copy of the latest table plan showing where the dealers are.

The pre-show dinner on Saturday evening for dealers and show visitors is getting more popular by the hour, message me if you want to join us.

Looking forward to the first UK Pen Show of 2016 this Sunday in Bristol. Looking forward to meeting old friends and maybe make some new ones. Of course the purchase of new pens is also very important 🙂

Edited by david6

Hello All,

I just wanted to add a post thanking everyone for a fantastic day. Me and my wife (even though she was really dragged along) had the best time.

It was our first pen show and what really shocked us was how friendly everyone was. Ian and Jeremy it was a pleasure to meet you both and thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge with us, for me it was a massive learning experience. I can fully recommend the show to anyone and although I have been using fountain pens for about 2 years now, my knowledge of vintage pens is very limited. However everyone took the time to show us there products, try the pens, some even let us try some of there own personal pens, no hard selling just genuine friendly people who love pens.

We picked up 2 pens on the day. My first taste of vintage flex a Wahl Eversharp that I got from David Wells. I also got a Parker Vacumatic from Jeremy who was very helpful and gave us a huge amount of information about the Vacumatic pen's.

Anyone interested can see photos of the pens that I purchased here: http://imgur.com/a/X4nlW

My photo's really don't do the vacumatic justice, the material is so nice. But even there it looks fantastic!

This was my first pen show but it won't be my last! :D

Thank you all for a wonderful day out.

See you all at the next show,

Lee