For What Is French Ruled Notepaper Used?

Headache Corporation (TM)

If I still have some of this paper at home, I will try to scan some illustrations of its use.

Let's clean this pen before trying another ink...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anne-Sophie

• Headache Corporation (TM)

• inkysmudges

• GouletPens

I am heading back to St. Martin in a few weeks and I will see if I can buy a small box of the French ruled paper and distribute some sheets to the people on this thread who want some.

I am heading back to St. Martin in a few weeks and I will see if I can buy a small box of the French ruled paper and distribute some sheets to the people on this thread who want some.

I would like some. Thanks.

http://thumb1.shutterstock.com/thumb_small/90168/90168,1243841407,2/stock-vector-vector-feather-and-ink-bottle-icon-31231816.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THoFdqPGYOI/AAAAAAAAA1w/gmV637q-HZA/s320/InkDropLogoFPN.jpg

Email me

• 1 month later...

Well, I am back from St. Martin and I did find and purchase a package of loose French ruled paper,approximately 21 x 29.5 cm size. If I recall correctly, they are hole-punched for European style 4 ring notebooks.

For those of you who are still interested in this, please PM your address to me. Due to costs, I would prefer US addresses only but I will consider addresses out of the US too.

I will send out several sheets so you can try it.

I also discovered that I have a small (A5?) notebook that is full of French ruled paper that I will probably put up for sale on FPN. I will get some pictures of it soon.

• 2 weeks later...

There are several qualities (from cheap, no name to Clairefontaine in Seyès format, single and double sheets (perforated or, more rarely, not), blocks, or notebooks (80, 96, 100, 192 pages in A4 (21*29.7 cm) or smaller (A5) in 32, 48, 96, 100, 192). Number of pages may vary from one year to another, and from one brand to another.

They sell by 100, 200 and 300 (sometimes up to 600, especially before school starts again in early september) pages a set.

If some FPNers are interested and can't find them at all where they are, PM me with your location and the type you want, I'll buy them & send them to you with 0 profit. (I am not a paper/pen business, so it would be more for last chance, pretty please).

Some examples attached.

post-66967-0-78382800-1311342497.jpg

post-66967-0-89291900-1311342528.jpg

post-66967-0-21520100-1311342553.jpg

post-66967-0-43006900-1311342571.jpg

Edited by olivier78860

http://i.imgur.com/bZFLPKY.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thank you for bringing back memories, Olivier. :)

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

• 1 year later...

ooh have to bump this thread - am trying to find seyes looseleaf paper in the UK and can't find anyone that sells it - I am doing a law degree with the OU and would love to know how people use this system in France - someone mentioned in either this thread or another one French students don't even need to use revision cards, they just do all their revision from there notes.......

Read threads like these over and over again and I still don't get it. Can't quite understand how they are used.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

• 3 years later...

If you look closer, there are bolder lines which is consider primary and the lines in between them are secondary. The most common standard of lined spacing is 7mm, but for these French-ruling it's 8mm but here in Vietnam it's 1cm (10mm). The secondary lines are basically serve as guide line for your ascender and descender.

If you live in Vietnam, you can find them in every bookstore or stationery store. We even have a hydrid of French-rule with tiny graphs in between the secondary lines. I guess the reason behind this is the fact we used to be a French colony. Therefore, until these days, our schools still use these French-ruling paper and notebook from Primary to High school.