New Graf Von Faber-Castell Inks

jmccarty3

The new Graf von Faber-Castell inks can be seen on the web site of La Couronne du Comte:

http://www.lacouronneducomte.nl/webstore/main/graf-faber-castell-c-161_259.html

The new inks are Deep Sea Green, Midnight Blue, and Royal Blue. Hope to see some reviews of these soon.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lapis

• migo984

• attika89

• haruka337

Wow! Thanks! Royal Blue must be very new. The other two you mentioned came out together at the beginning of November this year, without the Royal thing. Above all, I'm gonna have to compare the new Royal with the old (original) 62.5-ml Royal -- which is still available overall.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

No offence meant, but that lacouronne... site mentioned in post #1 is IMO not good. A much better site is:

http://www.graf-von-faber-castell.co.uk/accessoires/refills/ink#_455166582

Just click on any colour for a whole new site (yeah, not all that different) of each colour. At least they are easy to read and find right off the bat. And as to the four "Lightfast" and/or "document proofed" ("partially"), we'll see as of tomorrow when I pick up the Royal Blue.

Hugh

I posted photo of quick swabs of the Midnight and Green.......

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/297110-graf-von-faber-castell-new-inks/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3509428

Haven't got the bottles here with me to fill a pen at the moment, to take writing pics.

Midnight Blue looks interesting, but the Deep Sea Green looks a lot like Iroshizuku Syo-ro. Can you confirm this, Migo?

Thanks!

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Midnight Blue looks interesting, but the Deep Sea Green looks a lot like Iroshizuku Syo-ro. Can you confirm this, Migo?

Thanks!

I do have Both but I'm afraid I'm not anywhere near my inks for a couple of weeks so can't do a real-life comparison of the two. From memory I'd say that Deep Sea Green has a drier feel and looks more 'faded' and less saturated. Syo-ro has more of a pine green tonal value.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Alright, this is a quickie so no details as yet available but here's what I see:

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/Deep%20Sea%20Green%20and%20syo-ro.jpg

That looks just like the original (Herbin glass dip pen on Rhodia paper)...

... Deep Sea Green is greyer and bluer but IMO not less saturated. Perhaps even a tick wetter and/or more lubricated, whereas syo-ro is by no means dry or unlubricated. syo-ro has, as Migo points out, more pine in it.

Haruka, that was one splendid suggestion of yours for a striking similarity as regards colour.

Mike

Alright, this is a quickie so no details as yet available but here's what I see:

[image]

... Deep Sea Green is greyer and bluer but IMO not less saturated. Perhaps even a tick wetter and/or more lubricated, whereas syo-ro is by no means dry or unlubricated. syo-ro has, as Migo points out, more pine in it.

Haruka, that was one splendid suggestion of yours for a striking similarity as regards colour.

Mike

Thank you, Mike!

I see what you mean by bluer and greyer compaired to the piney Syo-ro. This helps tremendously.

Alright, looks like I'm buying it after all.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/Deep%20Sea%20Green%20and%20syo-ro.jpg

Mike

Thanks Mike - goes to show how the 'feel' of an ink is so subjective and pen-dependent cos my Deep Sea Green definitely seems on the drier, less saturated side to me, writing from my Geha.

Your very clear pic shows up the tonal difference between the inks beautifully.

No offence meant, but that lacouronne... site mentioned in post #1 is IMO not good.

Yeah, their site isn't exactly great... But everything else about that shop is :)

They are super friendly & helpful, quick to respond to questions, offer excellent service and have a great selection of pens & inks. By far the best shop in Tilburg. And they offer free worldwide shipping if you spend enough... Not that I have to worry about that, because their store is about 15 minutes from my home :)

Anyway, enough with the fanboy-ism, does anyone have writing samples of the midnight blue yet?

... Never underestimate the power of human stupidity ...

Keep track of the progress in my quest for a less terrible handwriting here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262105-handwriting-from-hell-a-quest-for-personal-improvement/?do=findComment&comment=2917072

Sure do. But I'm unfortunately back home only in two days.

Daze

I have the Deep Sea Green and really like it. It has a slightly watery feel like many of the Herbin inks, but it provides decent shading; sadly no sheen. It can look a tiny bit teal.

I also use La Couronne du Comte very regularly and can say that I have never experienced anything but good value and really excellent service.

http://kephost.com/images/2016/01/03/e3488c6947d78e086ce23417fd5dfc61.jpg

I also use La Couronne du Comte very regularly and can say that I have never experienced anything but good value and really excellent service.

+1

I do use LCdC but unfortunately have had delays or issues with my last three orders. Nothing costly or particularly serious, but it has been irritating. They are very responsive to contacts made though, and speedily rectify errors etc.

They seem to be quite nice and frankly I like GvFC inks. So they will become the next addition. Regarding La Curonne du Comte I have only good words for them (and waiting for two separate orders from them) with the only problem being out of stock items, for which I get immediate notifications. However I seem to be able to get the GvFC inks cheaper in Athens so I usually get them locally.

Gistar