The Best Oblique Pen Holders?

MidnightInk

Hey guys! After seeing just how extreme nib sizes can be, I was curious if there was a "silver bullet" of oblique pen holders. In other words, is there any oblique pen holder out there that will fit most nibs? Thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MidnightInk

• Cryptos

• Randal6393

• alaskazimm

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the Addison Blackwell holder. Can be purchased in wood handle or plastic at John Neals Bookseller, <www.johnnealbooks.com>. I have one, it will take from crowquill to giant-sized nibs. Well worth the money.

Enjoy,

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

Thanks everybody! I really appreciate it. Are there any more suggestions? Design is super important to me and although the Blackwell isn't ugly, I don't exactly love it. Thanks again!

The Hourglass adjustable oblique from Paper & Ink Arts (HERE) takes a wide range of nibs. Read the reviews on the site by some of the big hitters in the calligraphy world. However, there are some very large nibs out there that will not fit any available oblique holder wiithout the tip going beyond the centre line. Of course, one can use a pen like that, but it is not ideal. Perhaps these huge nibs were made when most people were still using straight holders? Something to consider.

Don't wait for stock. Put the order in now. They will let you know when it is in stock and you will be on the list to receive one. That's what EoC did. Worked!

/only a satisfied customer and all that disclaimer stuff/

John Neal Bookseller and Paper & Ink Arts, great range of equipment, beautiful oblique pen holders but just try and get them to respond to your emails.

Perhaps posting to Australia is too scary a proposition for them.

Good luck sourcing anything from these businesses.

Greg

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Handwriting - one of life's pure pleasures

Don't wait for stock. Put the order in now. They will let you know when it is in stock and you will be on the list to receive one. That's what EoC did. Worked!

/only a satisfied customer and all that disclaimer stuff/

It's on the way now! :)