Random Inks/crv Explanation

jodi_maloney

This is a CRV between myself and amberleadavis. She basically explained what a CRV is to a newbie (me) with a PIF for Tomoe River paper.

Here are my replies... Read from bottom to top because they somehow were uploaded backwards

post-125962-0-63477200-1448331691_thumb.jpg

post-125962-0-68421700-1448331715_thumb.jpg

post-125962-0-83032000-1448331727_thumb.jpg

post-125962-0-91957900-1448331738_thumb.jpg

post-125962-0-31512300-1448331739_thumb.jpg

post-125962-0-04211900-1448331746_thumb.jpg

post-125962-0-34055500-1448331751_thumb.jpg

post-125962-0-89438100-1448331755_thumb.jpg

Edited by jodi_maloney

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• sodul

• dcwaites

• jodi_maloney

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jodi, this is wonderful! Thank you!!!! I hope you had a great time. Yes, you can keep the sheets and please show us the palimpsests. You don't need to know what to write yet, just wash the sheets you have in front of you and enjoy the look.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Oh, and I personally love Noodler's Purple. I have advocated changing the name to Purple People Eater to encourage more people to purchase.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Amber likes TWSBI? Say it isn't so! She may have convinced a person or 100. ;) Don't buy the Vac 700 (it's good); get the 580 (it's better).

Shhh, don't anybody tell Amber that the Vac Mini is going on sale in December.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Shhh, don't anybody tell Amber that the Vac Mini is going on sale in December.

Nope, don't tell Amber. Especially if her kids expect Christmas presents that aren't fountain pens.

Nope, don't tell Amber. Especially if her kids expect Christmas presents that aren't fountain pens.

If your kids don't want fountain pens for Christmas send them over to me! Haha :D I need to start saving up for a Vac700, Vac Mini or a gold nib pen now...

• 1 month later...

If your kids don't want fountain pens for Christmas send them over to me! Haha :D I need to start saving up for a Vac700, Vac Mini or a gold nib pen now...

My daughter ended up with a Vac Mini in her Christmas stash.

Oh my... Is that what a CRV is? I've been here nearly a year and I never quite understood it in full.

Thanks for the thread, it's been most useful.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

My daughter ended up with a Vac Mini in her Christmas stash.

Lucky! My parents are saying that I have too many pens...

Lucky! My parents are saying that I have too many pens...

Deny then ask for your attorney *me*, once you ask for your attorney, shut up. lol

• 3 months later...

Amber, I never understood tCRV . I even think I received a papers PIF THAT I NOW think it was for that, but since I didnt understand,lol, I used them to test my new pens hobby then. I don't know.. Was I supposed to write with those inks you stated? The papers were great.. I am still a newbie, I think. Still don't understand.

Edited by Berelleza

Test your inks on the other side, write on the other side. Then scan it and post it. That's all. It allows us to compare inks or pens or even paper. The point is that it is a comparison of something done by more than one FPNer.

So, scan them or send them back and I'll scan them.

Oh my... Is that what a CRV is? I've been here nearly a year and I never quite understood it in full.

Thanks for the thread, it's been most useful.

+1. Nice to see it in action.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

• 3 months later...

Here is something neat that Zwack and I discovered - this is the same pen, ink and paper - but look how different it looks with his handwriting. First, I do think Zwack has a heavier hand, BUT I think the biggest difference is because of the barometric pressure. This ink was DRY when I used it, but looking at how it worked for Zwack it appears to be a wet ink. What do you all think?

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016_2_Ink/08-August/2016-08-10-Ink_13.jpg

2016-08-10-Ink_13.jpg

Did you do it side-by-side, one after the other? Otherwise I have seen light colours turn much darker after sitting in a pen for several or more days. For example, FE Coconut Blue turning into Iroshizuku Asa-gao over a week or so.

If I fill a pen for serious colour testing, I make it wait at least overnight before writing, as it seems to need that time to properly 'wet' the feed.

Granny Aching

David, I had that pen inked up for weeks. I just didn't use it much so I sent it off to Zwack and Irish Eyes. I wrote the letter before I mailed the pen to them.

Hmm, I'm thinking that Zwack is just a bit more heavy-handed than you, Amber. His lines not only are darker, but a bit wider, too, leading me to think he is spreading the tines a tiny tad little bit.

Barometric pressure shouldn't be in play, because the feed should sort that out, or he would be blobbing.

The problem with living on the flattest continent is that I can't go up high enough to make a decent test.

Granny Aching