2016 Weekly Planner Fp Friendly

ignatious

Hi - For years I have been using the Rhodia Weekly Planner. However in the last couple years they have stopped making them with the ribbon bookmark. I really miss this, I used it. I was wondering if there is anything else out there like the 6x9 Rhodia Weekly Planner, but that does have the ribbon bookmark. Everything else I like about the planner, the layout of dates to the left notes to the right, the paper quality, etc. Price not really a concern, I would be open to something more expensive if it was cool...

Thanks!

Joe

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ignatious

• abstract49

• masterguns

• Peruvian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You could always go to a craft store and buy a spool of ribbon, cut to desired length, and glue it between the cover and spine. I've done this several times and its pretty much the same way it is done by the manufacturers. As a bonus, you get to choose your own ribbon color and width.

Leuchturm 1917 weekly planner has the layout I think you want - whole week on left, whole page for notes on right - plus the ribbon page marker.

The layout is the reason I didn't buy one for 2016. I like M-T-W on the left, Th-F-S/S on the right, and I don't need a whole page for notes in an A5 size. I've had the Leuchturm with my preferred layout for a couple of years, but I couldn't find it this time.

Thank you - good suggestion on adding ribbon. And I will check out Leuchturm 1917. If anyone knows any others, please let me know! Thanks!!

I would also suggest adding a ribbon. I have had issues with my last Leuchtturm purchases. Paper has changed, and not for the better (but if you use only fine or extrafine japanese nibs it can still be ok). I have never used Rhodia diaries, but I think they use the same ivory paper than my Rhodia R pads, which is much better than the last Leuchtturms I bought. I find the Rhodia R paper very recommendable, but this year, after my bad experience with Leuchtturm I have bought a Pléiade agenda (yes, in French). The layout is the one mentioned by abstract49, but I have no clues about the quality of paper on it as I have not received it yet (1988 is the year of only good picture I found on the web, sorry):

http://images-01.delcampe-static.net/img_large/auction/000/138/356/627_005.jpg

By the way, the new Leuchtturm agenda that my girlfriend has received today has TWO (!) ribbons. I am sure they thought they had to do something with the money they are probably saving with the new kind of paper... :(

Edited by zuhandensein

Pelikan M200 Cognac, EF + J. Herbin Perle Noire

Kaweco Sport Brass F (golden nib!) + Rohrer & Klingner Verdigris

Awesome - maybe I will look at different layouts. That journal above is great looking! Will also check out Hobonichi Te Cho. Definitiely want to avoid cheaper paper. I use these all year, I want to enjoy it!

I, too, found Leuchturm paper to show through a bit with a really wet pen/ink combination, but I just started using a F nib (TWSBI 580 Diamond) with Diamine Monaco Red, and I had no problem. I've used red ink for several years as my car was red until the end of this January, when I traded it for a silver one. By then I just liked using the red ink in my auto log. On occasion, I would have the red car (now the silver one) in for maintenance and drive my older, green pickup, and I would use a green ink to color code the change. The pen I was using had a wetter M nib, and the ink probably made a difference.

So, I should temper my recommendation for the Leuchturm with a caution to stick to a F nib and an ink that doesn't tend to show through/bleed or feather on certain types of paper.

That said, I still liked the ones I had and regret that I couldn't find the right format this year.

I purchased a spool of ribbon (was 50 cents) and works great, thank you! I actually got a chocolate brown that I think is richer and nicer against the orange Rhodia. Next year though, think I will try the Leuchturm or open to something else. Not really looking for a project every year and think it kind of sucks Rhodia has cut back on the ribbon and the pocket at the end of the book, which I would also used sometimes....

I also recommend looking at Hobonichi Techo planners. Jetpens will have them in stock again soon (from what they told me); they sell-out quick.

I am currently using the Montblanc Meisterstück Large Leather Organizer -I absolutely love it- with their proprietary calendar refills, which is obviously fountain pen friendly. That is a much, much more expensive alternative, however.

post-122075-0-67236000-1448863161_thumb.jpeg

post-122075-0-14770800-1448863186_thumb.jpeg