How Do I Contact Mr John Sorowka (Oxonian)

bfalzon

I'm saying nuttin'. Inside I'm screaming and beating my head against a wall, but outwardly? I'm fine. Ab-so-lute-ly fine. Ooo look, pretty vein throbbing in my temple. That's nice...

A search of this forum for sorowka in conjunction with googlemail.com may bring rewards. I don't know if they're the currently valid rewards because I've never asked for nor received the relevant classified information, but fwiw.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• grainweevil

• lurcho

• View from the Loft

• the_gasman

i saw him and couldn't believe he was realz

Did you poke him to make sure?

I've emailed him, had answers back, and had pens fixed, but that's no proof.

It could've been Elvis, for all I know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You can find his e-mail on the forum if you search carefully. He told me a few years ago that he did not mind it on FPN as 99% of contacts via that route were genuine. I will not repost it just now, however, without checking that he has not changed his mind.

Maybe someone could ask him if he really minds having his contact details a little more accessible, because it seems like we have these "How do I contact Oxonian?" threads pretty regularly, and they always get a PM response that just means the next person who wants to know has to ask all over again. Quite frankly, it gets old. Even a jpeg of the email addy written out in pen as a response would solve most of the queries (given a search), while avoiding unwanted spam to Mr Sorowka's inbox.

Tragically, I've realised it's exactly a year today since I asked this. See you again next year? :rolleyes:

Tragically, I've realised it's exactly a year today since I asked this. See you again next year? :rolleyes:

I'll ask him.

I'll ask him.

John is a delightful and approachable guy but when, some time ago, I asked him about FPN and his email address, I ended the discussion less clear about his attitude to having his email address disseminated than when I started the conversation. The handwritten version, posted as an image, might pique his interest. I suspect that the cryptic elements of this thread might appeal to him.

Cheers,

David.

• 1 month later...

Could you please PM me his email?

Thank you!

As the Prime Minister often says at question time, "I refer you to the answer that I gave some moments ago".

I apologise for the obliquity but John likes that characteristic in both nibs and requests for email addresses. Maybe the time and effort he spends on a customer's nib warrants those two commodities being expended on a search for his contact details.

Clue: I have just searched "Sorowka" and "email" in FPN's own search facility (asking for responses "as posts") and I found his email address twice within about the first dozen posts.

Cheers,

David.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Could someone PM me with John's email? I just used an email address that I had saved for him (grabbed from another website a few years back) but it's bounced back. :( Many thanks

We are working on a nib smith list as we speak.

BTW, if you need a nib worked on in Europe, you could always contact undersigned as well :).

Warm regards, Wim

Dear Wim, do I understand that you do nib customization? and where do you stand in june 2017 with nibsmiths list? brgds, PM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

Can I please kindly get John's contact details for my MB Marc Newson M nib which has been bent from a fall.

Cheers

S

• 1 year later...

Can someone pm me Johns contacts as well? Also, any other nibsmith in Europe? I live in Portugal so anything closer to home would be useful. Thanks in advance

I suggest you contact Mr Sorowka as he wishes to be contacted, and that, initially, is by PM.

Closer to Portugal would be FPnibs in Spain

Add lightness and simplicate.