How Do I Contact Mr John Sorowka (Oxonian)

bfalzon

Dear All

I am looking for advice on how to contact Oxonian or someone with similar expertise in the UK or Ireland. I recently came across a Lamy 2000 review by Brad Dowdy which mentioned a problem with the nib where one tine extends further than the other. I have the same problem with mine and am seeking to get this corrected. In addition, I have an Amber Parker Duofold where the ink flow from the nib is too high and would very much like this adjusted.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Brian

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• grainweevil

• lurcho

• View from the Loft

• the_gasman

How about one of those massive Klieg searchlights that Commissioner Gordon uses to summon Batman?

Naturally, you'd need to modify yours so that it projects, say, a nib shape against the clouds over Oxfordshire, rather than the bat shape that comes as standard.

• 3 months later...

I can not but notice that simple questions are answered in some sort of language code that mere mortals do not understand. :)

Edited by Zoki

Cheers,

Zoran

I can not but notice that simple questions are answered in some sort of language code that mere mortals do not understand. :)

What's so hard to understand? Email = email; PM = David Cameron (at least in Britain ;) ).

I think that the humour in post #3 was lost, possibly due to a language barrier?

Post #3 did actually answer the question that was asked (how do I contact?). Perhaps the OP might have been better served by asking for the contact details for John Sorowka?

In the interest of maintaining some privacy for Mr. Sorowka, I PM'd the email address to the OP.

Where's the fun in that?!? I was starting to enjoy the obliquity of this thread almost as much as I enjoy the broad obliquity of nibs!

Cheers,

David.

Maybe someone could ask him if he really minds having his contact details a little more accessible, because it seems like we have these "How do I contact Oxonian?" threads pretty regularly, and they always get a PM response that just means the next person who wants to know has to ask all over again. Quite frankly, it gets old. Even a jpeg of the email addy written out in pen as a response would solve most of the queries (given a search), while avoiding unwanted spam to Mr Sorowka's inbox.

We are working on a nib smith list as we speak.

BTW, if you need a nib worked on in Europe, you could always contact undersigned as well :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• 3 months later...

I'm new here. Can someone help me or PM me some contact details (email, address or link?) for John Sorowka? I live in North London and hope to attend the next available pen show but I'd like to contact him about repairing the nibs on my Parker 75 pens... Thanks

I don't really believe that John Sorowka exists.

I reckon he's just a mythical being, or an urban legend, like Father Christmas, Spring-Heeled Jack, or Johnny Fartpants.

And I say that as one who has had pens fixed by him.

John is usually at the London show as well. His contact details can be found on this forum by using the search forum, but I make it easier by sending a PM to the enquirer.

I refuse to make it easier for spammers by posting his email address publicly, and given that not everyone has English as a first language, methods for defeating spammers may also defeat the genuine.

I don't really believe that John Sorowka exists.

I reckon he's just a mythical being, or an urban legend, like Father Christmas, Spring-Heeled Jack, or Johnny Fartpants.

And I say that as one who has had pens fixed by him.

Some say .......

Hello, I'd like someone to forward me his contact details as well, thank you.

PM sent

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

As predicted: could some one send me Oxonian's contact details also?

Many Thanks

David