Venvstas A New Brand From France Not Much Info

CharlyParker

hello there!!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting this tread, I'm new to the site and the fact I'm new to the site is because being a long time collector of Parker pens, and pens in general, fountain pens, I got a present from a friend. I'm american and I live in france, (because of my wife basically), and I got for my birthday a new pen I haven't seen before, I had no idea: After going here and there in internet (including this blog) I found out that apart from a twitter and a web site, there is no information on 'em. I had to ask my friend where did he bought it, and he did not wanted to say, as I could see the price of the gift... :yikes: and it was in a small design shop in Paris, that's all. The pen is really nice, and has something that reminds me of the Lamy design, but the construction is like something I haven't seen before, in any of the pens I own. it's a piston filler (although not quite) which makes more difficult the thing as in the web site I couldn't find any piston filler for sale at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, although it said something like "coming soon" I wrote to them, but they said to me that they were only selling that model through design shops, that they are with too much work and they are still a small company, nevertheless, Very strange, for the rest, The pen is a good one, and I'm using it every day. If somebody owns one, please, let me know, I'm planning to buy more of them :D The name of the thing I have is called something like Venvstas Schreibemeister Aero...........the name sounds german to me, but anyway....apparently it's french, at least I was talking with a guy name Pascal. If somebody knows something, please, I would like to know what do you think of this things.... :thumbup:

I can share information as well.

thanks!

Charly

post-126077-0-47377100-1446461634_thumb.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CharlyParker

• jayKellner

• ThomasB

• Wahl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

It happens that I own a venvstas or venustas........mine it was bought in Paris (I live two hours from Paris :P.......... in London) and mine it's not like in the picture. The website is like dead, I bought mine in a design shop (maybe the same as your girlfriend) that is more of a design gallery in Le Marais. The name of the place, I cannot remember, but what I can say about mine is that it is not a piston filler, and I couldn't find it on the website. Its about the same size of a Lamy Safari and all the construction is in a thing called carbon graphite and carbon fiber. it has a inox clip in a manner I have not seen in any other pen, plus the system to open the pen is unusual, you have to pull the barrel in order to access the converter or to change the cartridge.

Wow, that looks like a scalpel. Nice to have you here.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Welcome !

Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you ! for the opportunity to write about something I actually know.

Among the several local fountain pen buddies, there two such fountain pens. I believe that the spelling is, in fact, "Venvstas". Both owners bought their pens while traveling in Europe. Both look very similar, though one is a "Schreibemeister" and the other is a "Carbonmeister" (?) Very well-built. These pens are a few years old (friends traveled in 2012). The price back then was just short of $200 (USD).

Thank you for letting me feel like a "real" member.

(Okay, now one of the "big guys" is going to contradict me, with much authority, and make me feel like a schub again.) :(

Edited by Sasha Royale

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Well, I found this very same one in twitter...............
Plus I'm adding some more photos, I'm horrible tacking pictures, specially of small objects,

I found this makers they have twitter and I found a picture of the pen I own, one I cannot find in their site, the site seems to me rather abandoned,

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQpB7aKVAAE27qX.jpg:large

that's for twitter.

The pen is a very unusual piston filler; There is no screw llike in a normal one, you just pull the thing like in a syringe, so yes there's something of a scalpel, I would call it the yonkie pen :lol:, I have to say that the construction is solid, it's a mixture of steel and carbon fiber. It has no clip, and its a very long and thin pen. I could make a review on this one if somebody is interested. It's true what the picture says, full in one second, it just sucks the ink like a vampire, really fast, and has huge ink capacity. It has a steel nib, 5mm feeder, very narrow and flexible. I have other piston fillers, among them an amazing tintenkuli, which is a pleasure to fill, but this one, its really fast!!)) I may buy a cartridge version, but a carbon one, they have another cartridge pen that I think I quite like, but in steel, called the Alpha......I'll contact them, and let you know. Maybe I'll buy two or three, and the prices they seem to be quite fair.

Thank you for the welcome wishes!! :)

Charly

post-126077-0-52572000-1446536401_thumb.jpg

post-126077-0-00121400-1446536413_thumb.jpg

post-126077-0-68449900-1446536428_thumb.jpg

Welcome !

Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you ! for the opportunity to write about something I actually know.

Among the several local fountain pen buddies, there two such fountain pens. I believe that the spelling is, in fact, "Venvstas". Both owners bought their pens while traveling in Europe. Both look very similar, though one is a "Schreibemeister" and the other is a "Carbonmeister" (?) Very well-built. These pens are a few years old (friends traveled in 2012). The price back then was just short of $200 (USD).

Thank you for letting me feel like a "real" member.

(Okay, now one of the "big guys" is going to contradict me, with much authority, and make me feel like a schub again.) :(

Hello!!, here is mine! Not a Carbonmeister, this one is a more of an entry level instrument, in carbon fiber, very nice finish that looks like velvet, I also cannot find this model in the website, unlike the other in the picture it has a clip, rather small, but practical, I use it now with a schmidt converter, so far I have no issues, it works. This one is called "Carbone T" It came with a beautiful carbon fiber case, I'll post more pictures soon.

And yes, they are very well built, I have to say that I pay for this one less than a 50 pounds, I wrote to them and they told me that it's an entry level pen, and that actually they are lunching a very similar model to this one soon, via kickstarter, as they say they want to promote a range of pens that they are around 50 euro or so, and look for another type of customer. They are made in France; I've asked for the nibs and they say that their nibs are made by Jowo and Bock, (as my nib says nothing except "germany") that they do not make their own nibs, as many other european pen makers, including graf von faber castell and OMAS, that's what he said, I had no idea; the guy is called Pascal and knows a lot about pens, and wrote to me quite a long mail, including, that they are not selling any more in that gallery, as that was something they did to promote the pens during the paris design week.........well, the brand it's not very known, a pen here, a pen there, but I really like the designs. They are quite fresh. Being the nibs bock or jowo, they should be fine. I may also buy another model soon, I shall ask him about the piston fillers, I want to have something different. The designs they remind me of Lamy, but they are better quality objects, you can see that there is a concern on doing something different. I have looked in fpn and they are not here, as other brands and retailers they are. I think they do little to promote themselves.

well, thats all for now I guess.

post-126084-0-30074300-1446541757_thumb.jpg

post-126084-0-84451400-1446541766_thumb.jpg

Hi Charly!

Hello Jay, I saw your post, yes, we're I think some of the few to have one of these amazing pens.........)))))))))))

Hello!!, here is mine! Not a Carbonmeister, this one is a more of an entry level instrument, in carbon fiber, very nice finish that looks like velvet, I also cannot find this model in the website, unlike the other in the picture it has a clip, rather small, but practical, I use it now with a schmidt converter, so far I have no issues, it works. This one is called "Carbone T" It came with a beautiful carbon fiber case, I'll post more pictures soon.

And yes, they are very well built, I have to say that I pay for this one less than a 50 pounds, I wrote to them and they told me that it's an entry level pen, and that actually they are lunching a very similar model to this one soon, via kickstarter, as they say they want to promote a range of pens that they are around 50 euro or so, and look for another type of customer. They are made in France; I've asked for the nibs and they say that their nibs are made by Jowo and Bock, (as my nib says nothing except "germany") that they do not make their own nibs, as many other european pen makers, including graf von faber castell and OMAS, that's what he said, I had no idea; the guy is called Pascal and knows a lot about pens, and wrote to me quite a long mail, including, that they are not selling any more in that gallery, as that was something they did to promote the pens during the paris design week.........well, the brand it's not very known, a pen here, a pen there, but I really like the designs. They are quite fresh. Being the nibs bock or jowo, they should be fine. I may also buy another model soon, I shall ask him about the piston fillers, I want to have something different. The designs they remind me of Lamy, but they are better quality objects, you can see that there is a concern on doing something different. I have looked in fpn and they are not here, as other brands and retailers they are. I think they do little to promote themselves.

well, thats all for now I guess.

seems ya know a lot about it! I'll write to them! Get a catalog or something like that.

• 3 months later...

I have one coming on hopefully next week. Not an Aero filler model, but what seem to be the entry level model. It's a c/c filler, called Schreiber. From what I understand, Venvstas started in Germany, hence the German names of some of the models (Schreiber meaning writer).

The Aero filler seems to be something coming from the designer at Venvstas, and my guess is that it takes advantage of the length of the bodies of the pens. They are thin pens, bit almost all of them are rather long, up to 16 or 17 cm.

I am looking forward to the pen, it I already can say that it was a real pleasure to deal with the guys over there. When I wanted to buy a pen, in December, the site didn't have PayPal payment, and it said that they were too busy to take new orders. Lucio Rossi, the designer of most of the models, wrote to me the day after, telling me that a pen was ready for me if I wanted to, only with a B nib instead of the EF. I waited, and as soon as PayPal was possible and that the EF nib was available I received an email from Mr Rossi. And an email again the day the pen was sent.

If the pen is up to the kindness and professionalism I encountered until now, I am sure I will just love it!!

Edited by Namo

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!