Scythian

Hello Everyone,

I have been following the forum for some time, and became fascinated with everything to do with beautiful precision writing instruments. I was inspired to watch endless youtube videos and following various blogs over the last 5 years or so. Along the way I learned about journaling, and about fountain pens I would not even have considered acquiring until one forum member or another wrote about their personal experiences. For example, although my collection was formerly entirely German in manufacture (Pelikan, Kaweco, Lamy, Montblanc), I recently obtained some very well made Chinese pens. My next steps will be to learn how to properly tune my pens, and even attempt to fiddle with the nibs - perhaps switching out and replacing them with #6 nibs by various manufacturers. Once I am confident I hope to "rebuild" some vintage Parkers and American pens with the mentorship of my friend Nathaniel who runs an online pen shop in Chicago.

I work in the public safety field, and am a reserve member of the military. I am hoping to open a law practice when I retire from my profession, and the whole fountain pen thing hit me around the time I realized that I would be starting a more gentle life in the next 5 years or so. My wife and daughter were very sceptical about my new hobby, especially as I am already obsessed with building huge armies of military miniatures (everything from Ancient Egypt to the American Civil War), but they are coming around. I hope to be a useful and pleasant contributor to his forum.

Regards,

Tish

post-126040-0-43735300-1446330338.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scythian

• PAKMAN

• notVirtuThe3rd

• northstar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tish, it sounds like you have some beautiful pens. I adore German pens myself. I enjoyed seeing your lead? soldier collection. Ontario is such a beautiful province.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Thank you for the welcome,

My toy soldier collection is made up of a number of lead and pewter armies from Ancient Egypt to the American Civil War. I spend a lot of time painting them. I split my non work and non family time between painting miniature armies (and buildings and terrain) and slowly building up my relatively new fountain pen collection.

I tried to send a picture of a couple of my brass Kaweco pens with my War of 1812 display, but the picture took up too much memory and couldn't load.

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!