The Matador Thread

christof

Thanks!

Anything new in Matadors with you, guys?

I just received some days ago this small overlay Safety Matador, it brings back the French Matador subject… The nib print is: Matador 18 Cts Iridium Superieur and the overlay print is: Matador Double Or 18 Cts Lammé

fpn_1466546940__mat1.jpg

fpn_1466546952__mat2.jpg

fpn_1466546966__mat3.jpg

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kawuska

• Azuniga

• christof

• Parcival

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The safety is quite beautiful, and the assortment of turbos is just unbelievable--especially in such condition. Looks like you took a time machine and robbed a pen store back in the 1930s.

Btw--did any of the documentation for the turbos give you a date of manufacture?

Not nearly as amazing is a rather plain Matador Standard stylo I picked up recently.

If you've never played with a stylo, you should--they have quite a different feel to them.

-Otter1

fpn_1466602542__mat131stylo.jpg

"Btw--did any of the documentation for the turbos give you a date of manufacture?"

Unfortunately, just as pens themselves, tha paperwork is also untouched.Not even a printing house inscriptions on the edge of paper.Nothing!I'am only positive these pens came from Krakow factory.

Hi kawuska,

I thought it was a long shot that there was an actual date on the paperwork, but I had to ask. I've never found any on my Matador papers either.

I really need to get one of these blue ones someday (Turbo or not)---they are quite striking.

-Otter1

• 2 weeks later...
The story continues... As mentioned above, a worker from the factory Matador founded the company Mercedes. Here is proof of this: analogue Turbo Matador / Mercedes Primus D.R.G.M. 10M in pearl and black - L 12.2 cm. I got the pen today. :)

https://www.facebook.com/kiko.depayen/media_set?set=a.1366326116714519.1073741863.100000114312609&type=3&pnref=story

Today I received Standard@Matador 932 - pearl & black Duofold style, button filler, 11.5 cm. :)

It had to reduce the size of the image ... :rolleyes:

Edited by Parcival

Cap: On one side is Primus and - D.R.G.M. below. On the other side the inscription is very small print and I can not read it well. Something like: LUDW. SCHRAUT. GLADBACH - RHEYDT

The clip and the nib are labeled Mercedes.

At the rear of barrel has a number 10 and letter M.

Edited by Parcival

I had the Mercedes listing in my watch list but forgot about it. I am glad that you were able to pick it up.

Have you spotted clear similarities in the Primus that would suggest links to Matador?

The duofold type pen gorgeous - congrats.

I think the filling is identical to that of Turbo Matador. Celluloid is the same as Standard Matador. The shape is the same. The upper part of the cap is similar.

If turning knob turns just a half a turn clockwise and then comes back, it's Matador solution.If that's a piston filler it will be harder to say it has anything to do with Matador.Or that's Matador piston in another pen.

Blocked. But this is not piston filler. There are no number on it. The pen is mint and I guess not changed parts.

The Turbo mechanism should be easily removeable. Just screwed off, like a blind cap:

16516644059_028f1ffa28_b.jpg

16691774442_86b5e18d31_b.jpg

I like your pens both, the Mercedes and the Duofold like Matador!

C.

Edited by christof

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a Matador Click with box this week--mostly because of how the pen and box were branded:

Presbitero Click BREV Matador. It is I believe a later Click with the screw in goldplated nib which I am currently trying to unclog.

So...google guessed this was Italian---can anyone confirm or translate?

-Otter1

fpn_1469628796__presbiteroclick.jpg

• 2 months later...

http://www.tonmeister.ca/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Photo-1.jpg

Just finished cleaning up a burgundy Matador Junior 004 - I don't know the age.

More photos can be seen here.

Cheers

-geoff

Nice, no nonsense pens these are. I especially like the clip with Matador inscription.

Got these Frenchy recently. I cannot spot any model number inscribed on the body. Both pens have unmarked clips which is unusual for Matadors.http://i.imgur.com/K06uqiX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bNAX7lN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ARZMgTT.jpg

Lastly a picture with a very very similar unmarked clone.

http://i.imgur.com/uRyDdZp.jpg