The Matador Thread

christof

Here's typical polish 14 Karat imprint on Matador nib.Must have been stamped in nib factory already.

38997492385_61010f5751_b.jpg

Edited by kawuska

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kawuska

• Azuniga

• christof

• Parcival

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for that image---I have never seen a nib like that.

It would be great to have a few pictures comparing different matador nibs.

-Otter1

Edited by Otter1

I have nothing valuable to add to this thread but, since I'm waiting for a Matador Garant 996 to appear in my mailbox "anytime soon", I found writing this a way to air my anxiety :)

Edited by jmnav

13.5 cm closed

Thanks. This pen with 7 nib what is the number? About 14 cm closed.

post-33738-0-00493700-1517011014.jpg

Edited by Parcival

The largest nib in a Turbo I have and i have seen is a # 6

Now, the cap in the photograph background seems to be a Turbo cap... and if it measures 14 cm which is only 0.5 larger that a # 924, I would not be surprised if there is a # 926 with a # 7 nib, but that is only a speculation since I have never seen one...

I hope some of the other fellows participating in this thread have something to add.

The inscription resembles 924...

I can only speculate, it is possible that the nib numbering system in Matador depends on where the nib was produced... I have a 924 with a # 4 nib...

but it can also be a replacement nib, it is almost impossible to know if the one you get is the original one, except for kawuska who find them Mint (as we have seen) in Poland...

Thanks for reviving this thread...

Fantastic pen - congrats on an awesome find.

Here are quick pictures of my 822 Turbo. The nib has '65' inscribed on the underside.

NEUcpBd.jpg?1rRlEqEb.jpg?1

Edited by markiv

My 924 Turbo has nr5 nib imprint.Both pen and nib are the size of Duofold Senior.Would it make sense to make even bigger size Turbo?Hard to say..but..I hope so and one day I will find one.Matador Garant 998 nib size gives us some hopes here.As for nib numbering: I have noticed that 924 nib 5, 922 nib 3, 921 nib..1

Well, we are advancing into knowing better Matador, I will make a table with all these data... while a catalogue emerge somewhere...

Edited by Azuniga

When the pen arrives at me, I can give more details. The seller informed me that it is 14.1 cm long closed, which is bigger than usual 924 - 13.5 cm. The pen was found in this state, but it is possible that the nib was changed many years ago. Here are other pictures of the nib:

post-33738-0-06172900-1517097919.jpg

post-33738-0-58454200-1517097930.jpg

Edited by Parcival

My 924 Turbo has nr5 nib imprint.Both pen and nib are the size of Duofold Senior.Would it make sense to make even bigger size Turbo?Hard to say..but..I hope so and one day I will find one.Matador Garant 998 nib size gives us some hopes here.As for nib numbering: I have noticed that 924 nib 5, 922 nib 3, 921 nib..1

Duofold Senior Flat Top is 13.9 cm, Streamline - 13.1 cm. Your Turbo 924 is 14 cm? Is it possible to be due to a different production period - earlier pens 924 to be larger and later to smaller?

Ok, I started to put all the information from the last days together and I went to measure one by one my Turbos, and you are right... my 924 Jade Green is a little longer, it measures 14.3 cm, the barrel is 0.4 cm longer and the section is wider and longer too, the whole adds to 14.3 cm... the nib # 6 do not seem to be too small but I guess it could receive a # 7...

I was not precise enough, I am sorry. It is possible, as you suggest, that there is a different production period... I will wait to see your images of the pen when it arrives.

Is it possible to be due to a different production period - earlier pens 924 to be larger and later to smaller?

From your pictures, it might be that the pen has the earlier ball clip, not the later snake clip.

Infortunately, I don't have precise informations about the date of change...

Again: What a pen...!

c.

Here's 924 big nib.

39943827881_65639dabfa_b.jpg

Is that right tine broken or is it that way (or a photo artifact)? I suppose that being so high at the nib has not any impact anyway, has it?