The Inoxcrom Corinthian

rizo

I want to show you a pen made in Spain which is a legend among Spanish fans, the Inoxcrom Corinthian

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/8638/2setcorinthianazul.jpg

The Inoxcrom Corinthian part of the group of high-end pens this Spanish firm. Inoxcrom is known for making good pens at a good price, but the Corinthian (along with others such as the Sirocco or Caravel) wanted to go one step further.

Designed in the late 90s (probably 1997) of the twentieth century, went out of production in 2001, so many copies are not made. The public identified high-end Inoxcrom with Sirocco, so he did not understand to this pen.

The Inoxcrom Corinthian is a pen made of high quality resin, and with twelve facets, making it unique within the collection of Inoxcrom. It is large, measures 144 mm.

There are two colour, black and blue. The blue is very beautiful and is this picture you can´t not see how beautiful is.

The screw cap carrying a clip with two parallel slots at their edges and in one piece with the terminal ring, identical to the model Caravel, subject by a tapered plug at its end carrying a circular gold plate engraved with the globe, and symbol brand in the nibs.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/3982/corinthian01.jpg

At the other end and a refined lip away, riding a thick gold ring with two grooves and highlighted that in the central area was engraved:

INOXCROM - 1942 - INOXCROM - SPAIN

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l29/manoloyloles/P1010851.jpg

The body ended with a gold ring in a smooth conical tip long, straight-end recess and unadorned. The other end had the thread of the cap and was in turn threaded on a long sleeve carrying an O-ring to prevent loosening and leakage in case of leakage of ink. You have sensation of good quality when you have the pen in your hands.

The nozzle in the form of diabolo asymmetric, similar to pen Caravel, carrying two separate golden rings at its ends, the front being provided with a throat.

The steel nib gold part was the big brand model, mounted on large tractor.

The Corinthians use standard cartridges, admitting two short (2nd inverted), one long, or a converter.

There is a ballpoint pen, mechanical pencil and roller Corinthian also.

How much is a good prize for a Corinthian? Is difficult to say because is difficult to find a NOS ones, but still not imposible. Probably from 90 to 100 euros is a good price for a NOS in 2015 and sometimes you cand find good opportunities in Ebay. Of course the prize will be more expensive in the future because there is not more Corinthians

Edited by rizo

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rizo

• tinta

• rwilsonedn

• Forsooth

Thank you so much for showing this beauty. I only know Inoxcrom from their very inexpensive (plastic) fountains pens. I used to get them for my kids when they were young.

I have not seen anything of this quality with their name.

Good to know. Thanks again,

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Thank you so much for showing this beauty. I only know Inoxcrom from their very inexpensive (plastic) fountains pens. I used to get them for my kids when they were young.

I have not seen anything of this quality with their name.

Good to know. Thanks again,

C.

Yes, Inoxcrom is famouse for his inexpensive pens (and ball pens, mechanic pencils Etc) but with good quality. With the Corinthian, the Sirocco and the Caravel (and also WallStreet and Andreas, but not so expensive) the company wanted to do a quality product with a luxury taste. I think that the corinthian worth the money you pay for it.

http://fotos.miarroba.es/fo/72dc/304E14C0FA214DBE8F101F4DBE8EEA.jpg

http://fotos.miarroba.es/fo/7358/2A52FFA8D43252C2C3083A52C2C2EC.jpg

Edited by rizo

Beautiful, elegant pens.

Are they cast or turned acrylic resin?

Does Inoxcrom make its nibs in-house for their deluxe pens?

Edited by tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

Beautiful, elegant pens.

Are they cast or turned acrylic resin?

Does Inoxcrom make its nibs in-house for their deluxe pens?

Umm Cast or turned acrylic resin? I ´m not sure to understand your question but I think that if you are asking about if the Corinthian is made in a industrial process or acrylic resine or made in a handmade process like a ebonite fountain pen.... The answer is industrial process.

The nib is made in Spain by Inoxcrom.

inox-51.jpg

The nib of the deluxe model is conmon for the Sirocco, Corinthian, Caravel and WallStreet (the last one is the cheaper of the deluxe models). The size is nº6 and you can change for a Jowo, Bock, Nemosine nº 6 Etc without problems if you want.

http://fotos.miarroba.es/fo/0e6e/2D5435345D28542AC47824542AC447.jpg

In the left a Inoxcrom nib in the righ a Nemosine

The Nib of the Caravel has the particularity that is decorated with a ship and sometimes (very rare) you can find the nib with the ship in Sirocco and Corinthians.

In the Sirocco made with sterling silver was posible to choose a nib made with gold. I´m nor sure if this gold nib was made by Inoxcrom also, but it is probably.

Edited by rizo

Thank you for the added information.

By cast resin I meant the industrial production process like injection molding vs. the machined rods of ebonite, acrylic resin or celluloid, turned on a lathe.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

I am pleased to hear that there are European countries, other than Germany, that produce nibs. Not that there is a problem with German nibs, they are just fine.

It's just that many pen manufacturers seem to use either Bock or Jowo instead of making their own, in house.

I am pleased to hear that there are European countries, other than Germany, that produce nibs. Not that there is a problem with German nibs, they are just fine.

It's just that many pen manufacturers seem to use either Bock or Jowo instead of making their own, in house.

It is true and is a pitty that this is very rare righ now. When I am using a Omas or a Delta, I think that really I´m not using a italian pen, really I ´m using a german pen (Jowo) with italian body. The most important thing in a fountain pen is the nib and there is not diversity. When you drive a car Skoda or a Audi, really the engine is the samen, a Volkswage engine. Today most of the companys using Jowo or Bock.

The best thing of write of a Inoxcrom Corinthian is that you are writing with a authentic Inoxcrom totally made in Spain and your experience is different from Montegrappa, Conklin, Omas, Delta, Edison, Etc, that sharing the same nib factory.

Do I remember correctly that Inoxcrom shifted their manufacturing to Asia several years ago, after dropping these high-end pens from their product line? If so, I suspect you can take one more name off your list of European-made nibs.

ron

If so, I suspect you can take one more name off your list of European-made nibs.

ron

:crybaby: tinta

Do I remember correctly that Inoxcrom shifted their manufacturing to Asia several years ago, after dropping these high-end pens from their product line? If so, I suspect you can take one more name off your list of European-made nibs.

ron

Inoxcrom still have a factory in Barcelona, Spain.

Since we picked up the baton, “MADE IN SPAIN” has become the essential core of our purpose and the starting point for all projects in which we are working on; therefore we decided that it was time to rejuvenate, bring vitality, dynamism and creativity in the way we present ourselves to the world. This year we launched worldwide the brand IXC: modern, contemporary, young and Mediterranean.

IXC: by Inoxcrom International, SPAIN allows us to work from a clear focus to today’s consumer, who is global, connected, attracts by fashion and is highly dynamic. In recent months we have developed a series of collections with the clear aim of being more related and closed to the new consumer.

http://www.inoxcrom.com/en/about-us/inoxcrom-intl-today/

Really i am not sure if the nibs of actual pens like Inoxcrom Noir are made in Spain, http://www.javiergutierrezchamorro.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ixc_noir_03.jpg?e5a40e

but I can say without dude that the classic Inoxcrom were made with a nib Made in Spain. The Inoxcrom Corinthian is 100% Made in Spain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...