Asa Bheeshma Review

Prithwijit

I believe so. It looks like a nice pen, but another centimeter long would have made it better for me. But that would require 2 blanks.

Since ASA pens have said that they would make it after Nauka Group buy, I should import the blanks for this. I'm in India so no problem with placing the order at least. :)

Did you order any blanks for Bheeshma? I have some other friends in the group who are keen to experiment with new materials as well.

Click here to check out my reviews

Fosfor Rajendran | ASA Santulan | Ranga Sugarcane | ASA Sniper | Fosfor Heather | ASA I-Will | Hero Glorious | ASA Azaadi | Fosfor Islander | ASA Halwa | ASA Macaw | ASA Namenlos | ASA Bheeshma

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prithwijit

• RayJ

• fountainpagan

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^No, I haven't yet. I am not sure what Lava blanks are and how they will hold up over time. Does your pen still shine like it used to?

No issues whatsoever. Why should they loose their shine ?

Fosfor Rajendran | ASA Santulan | Ranga Sugarcane | ASA Sniper | Fosfor Heather | ASA I-Will | Hero Glorious | ASA Azaadi | Fosfor Islander | ASA Halwa | ASA Macaw | ASA Namenlos | ASA Bheeshma

Days passed and my urge to possess one went up in leaps and bounds. Unable to resist any further, I reached out to Eugene Soto of muttblanks.com to enquire about blanks in larger than five inch sizes for kitless pens. He suggested using two five inch blanks or he could make seven inch blanks as a custom order. I am not sure why, but I chose the second option. Maybe, in my mind I thought since I am venturing into something new then why not stretch the envelope. Anyways, after 3 excruciating weeks of waiting, the blanks finally managed to pass through the hoops of transatlantic flight and customs clearance to land up in my mailbox.

A bit curious as to how much custom duty you had to cough up? Also an extremely beautiful pen, when Matt posted his review of his pen of his Lava Explosion pen I was amazed by the beauty of that pen.

Regards,

Pratik

A bit curious as to how much custom duty you had to cough up? Also an extremely beautiful pen, when Matt posted his review of his pen of his Lava Explosion pen I was amazed by the beauty of that pen.

I believe applicable duties range between 33%-40%. For whatever reasons unknown to me, I was spared customs duty on this shipment.

Beautiful pen and acrylic. I look forward to this being available in the future via Asa Pens. Hopefully it might appear with an ebonite option.

I believe applicable duties range between 33%-40%. For whatever reasons unknown to me, I was spared customs duty on this shipment.

I assume that you ordered a blank of around $30 value plus shipping. Such small value shipments are ignored by customs as they don't see any time-money benefit for charging customs on such a meager amount.

Order 7-8 blanks and unless undervalued, you will have to pay customs.

Plenty of my small orders have passed through customs wih no duties without undervaluing.

Kind Regards

RJ

Edited by RayJ

I assume that you ordered a blank of around $30 value plus shipping. Such small value shipments are ignored by customs as they don't see any time-money benefit for charging customs on such a meager amount.

Order 7-8 blanks and unless undervalued, you will have to pay customs.

Plenty of my small orders have passed through customs wih no duties without undervaluing.

Kind Regards

RJ

Thanks. That must be the reason.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

While I love the clipless look of the Bheeshma, I was wondering whether a roll-stopper would augment its aesthetics. Finally added a DIY roll-stopper myself. Hope you folks like it.

post-125832-0-70389300-1455127624_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Prithwijit

I don't know how I missed seeing this review earlier. I'm certainly interested in the Bheeshma if Subbu gets moving on a limited number of intoxicatingly beautiful acrylics like this!

Maybe we should set up a 'Beta testing group' of ASA customers who are willing to subscribe to limited editions every so often.

That is a rather nice roll stopper, Prithwijit. How did you make it?

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

I don't know how I missed seeing this review earlier. I'm certainly interested in the Bheeshma if Subbu gets moving on a limited number of intoxicatingly beautiful acrylics like this!

Maybe we should set up a 'Beta testing group' of ASA customers who are willing to subscribe to limited editions every so often.

That is a rather nice roll stopper, Prithwijit. How did you make it?

The roll stopper wasn't born as such. It was born to be used a ring to be used in costume themed partied and such. Since it was cheap and interesting looking, I decided to have a go and shaped it by hand to wrap around my pen and become a roll stopper.

Regards,

Prithwijit

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely beautiful pen. You and your collaborators all are to be commended for an adventuresome spirit and creative vision.

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

Absolutely beautiful pen. You and your collaborators all are to be commended for an adventuresome spirit and creative vision.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the high praise. You are absolutely correct that it is indeed an element of adventure coupled with creative curiousity that drives us to think of, dream of, create and enjoy these pens.

Regards,

Prithwijit

• 2 weeks later...

Another fine project, Prithwijit. Please clarify something for me. Did you use one 7 inch blank or two 7 inch blanks to make this pen?

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

Another fine project, Prithwijit. Please clarify something for me. Did you use one 7 inch blank or two 7 inch blanks to make this pen?

Hi Richard,

I had used one seven inch blank only. However, it was challenge to make everything with one tiny blank. It is advisable to use two 5 inch blanks instead.

Regards,

Prithwijit

• 1 month later...

Pritwijit has been instrumental in the ASA handmade custom pen Christianed "Bheeshma" and the blog/review makes you want one. After much deliberation and lot of thought Pritwijit suggested I get a Red Coral Polyester Blank from Vince (the turners workshop). ASA made sure I had the best finish and from one of the more difficult material for pen making, the Polyster. They left no stone unturned to give a stunner. I have tried to bring out the best of the pictures attached to bring justice to everyone involved to bringing this stunner to life. Thank You for taking your time to view the following pictures.

Also attaching link for the material this pen was handcrafted from

http://www.theturnersworkshop.co.uk/red-coral-polyester-pen-blank.html

The master crafter can be reached @ www.Asapens.in

post-122910-0-91469300-1462472059_thumb.jpeg

post-122910-0-27601600-1462472084_thumb.jpeg

post-122910-0-33986500-1462472113_thumb.jpeg

Pritwijit has been instrumental in the ASA handmade custom pen Christianed "Bheeshma" and the blog/review makes you want one. After much deliberation and lot of thought Pritwijit suggested I get a Red Coral Polyester Blank from Vince (the turners workshop). ASA made sure I had the best finish and from one of the more difficult material for pen making, the Polyster. They left no stone unturned to give a stunner. I have tried to bring out the best of the pictures attached to bring justice to everyone involved to bringing this stunner to life. Thank You for taking your time to view the following pictures.

Also attaching link for the material this pen was handcrafted from

http://www.theturnersworkshop.co.uk/red-coral-polyester-pen-blank.html

The master crafter can be reached @ www.Asapens.in

This is lovely sanjay dada...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter