The Fpn 2015 Le Blue Pearl Celebration - Last Chance For Pre-Christmas Delivery

wimg

Wim

I just knew that you had to be working on something extremely different. You not only took an interest in FPs but the finer aspects of nib-creating!!

I can't wait to receive my LE. I have several new pens that I haven't inked yet waiting for the Blue to arrive.

Thank you again for all you did for the 11th Anniversary Pens. And least we forget the FPN, 'cause you just keep on giv'n, Wim

PS: UPS's route around here is in the late afternoon and I will be home from my errands. So, woopee I'll be learning to fill a Bulk Filler.

Thanks Wim,

aggie

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• mr2txaggie

• bushbunny

• Tojusi

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay wim,

your latest post has sat here with no comments for several days, so I'll step up and ask ... what type of special nib might it be?

aggie

At the moment it is a very special secret nib because I won't know quite how to describe it until I see it ;-) The anticipation is killing me ! As soon as it arrives I will post pics and share the Wonder that is Wim's Work.

Know what you believe.

Wim mentioned that there are still 4 pens for fast takers - jump on it!

I got my own pen on 7 December and have been happily using it ever since, every day. The pen is wonderful and Wim's nib work is superb. I have a duopoint with 0.9mm cursive italic / 0.5mm sharpish stub mounted. Plus another nib unit which is F / XF duopoint but I do not think that will get into use anytime soon...

I am quite lucky to have this special pen as my first bulkfiller... :)

Wim

I just knew that you had to be working on something extremely different. You not only took an interest in FPs but the finer aspects of nib-creating!!

I can't wait to receive my LE. I have several new pens that I haven't inked yet waiting for the Blue to arrive.

Thank you again for all you did for the 11th Anniversary Pens. And least we forget the FPN, 'cause you just keep on giv'n, Wim

PS: UPS's route around here is in the late afternoon and I will be home from my errands. So, woopee I'll be learning to fill a Bulk Filler.

Thanks Wim,

aggie

Thank you for your kind words, aggie! They are much appreciated!

I actually am quite excited for you, to receive the FPN LE :).

I am waiting fro the delivery email from UPS :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

At the moment it is a very special secret nib because I won't know quite how to describe it until I see it ;-) The anticipation is killing me ! As soon as it arrives I will post pics and share the Wonder that is Wim's Work.

I know how it feels - imagine waiting for a bunch of them so you can ship them out and make people happy :). It has been quite the adventure so far :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Wim mentioned that there are still 4 pens for fast takers - jump on it!

I got my own pen on 7 December and have been happily using it ever since, every day. The pen is wonderful and Wim's nib work is superb. I have a duopoint with 0.9mm cursive italic / 0.5mm sharpish stub mounted. Plus another nib unit which is F / XF duopoint but I do not think that will get into use anytime soon...

I am quite lucky to have this special pen as my first bulkfiller... :)

Ah! Now I know why you have been so quiet lately ;) <ROFL>.

Great to hear you are enjoying it so much!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Fellow FPNers,

Unfortunately, UPS doesn't work on the weekends. By coming at a completely different time of day than their usual schedule, I was away from the house when Brown came yesterday. This means, Yup, Monday before I could possibly receive the 11th Anniversary Blue Pearl LE Fountain Pen.😭 !!!

I realize that this isn't the end of the world, but it will sure make the weekend seem Soooooo much longer. Suppose I'll have to fill the long, long hours with other activities.

Firstly, there are the beautiful Grandchildren, my other FPS as of yet some never filled, my paper & ink supplies ( stored away in a closet & in the Reading Rm.) and a number of family members, none having The Pen Addiction, that will be subjected to a pictures of Blue and my tale of " Whoa ". Until Monday when I may be able to declare " The Blue Baby has arrived ". Woo-hoo !!

aggie

Then your up-keep.

:D

You better stay at home all day, but I guess you wouldn't; be able to do otherwise ;). <ROFL>

Warmest regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Fellow FPNers,

Unfortunately, UPS doesn't work on the weekends. By coming at a completely different time of day than their usual schedule, I was away from the house when Brown came yesterday. This means, Yup, Monday before I could possibly receive the 11th Anniversary Blue Pearl LE Fountain Pen. !!!

I realize that this isn't the end of the world, but it will sure make the weekend seem Soooooo much longer. Suppose I'll have to fill the long, long hours with other activities.

Firstly, there are the beautiful Grandchildren, my other FPS as of yet some never filled, my paper & ink supplies ( stored away in a closet & in the Reading Rm.) and a number of family members, none having The Pen Addiction, that will be subjected to a pictures of Blue and my tale of " Whoa ". Until Monday when I may be able to declare " The Blue Baby has arrived ". Woo-hoo !!

aggie

I understand how you feel. UPS re- and mis- directed mine and I'll have to wait until Monday,too. :(

On the positive side, I found a pre war Pilot R2 that's in wonderful shape except for the sac. :) Cost me next to nothing at the local junktique.

Just a few months ago I had to buy a replacement tv for one that had died, I ordered it on Amazon, the day it was supposed to arrive nothing. Tracking showed it was on time. I logged in and chatted with an agent, who informed me that it was 'lost'. Nothing they could do, said to call Amazon. I did so and Amazon got it resolved in minutes and suddenly the tv wasn't 'lost' anymore. Made me wonder who was going to shortstop in into their car after work that day.

Edited by Katherines

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

Well, the big hassle with only using the Post Office these days that although they will provide a tracking number, beyond country borders you can no longer track, it appears, and f.e., USPS have already changed their conditions accordingly a few months ago. This is now only possible with "premium" shipping methods. And it just happens that the only "premium" shipping method the PO provides over here, is a service farmed out to UPS.... :)

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

I've found that with USPS their tracking sits there with no update until suddenly ... it is out for delivery, then you get an update !!! Could be worse though, some people truely have fewer and really poorer service. I suppose USPS, Fed Ex and UPS are not so bad to a person in another location of the globe. So, I'll grudgingly remain thankful for what I have available .

I've made it this for, come on Monday. After dinner, I'll be forced to fill my new Visconti. It really is a beaut but come on Blue LE.

Congrats to those that have received theirs. From what I've gleaned all are enjoying them.

Perhaps, yea, that is what I'll do ... get up about sunrise and wait for that little Brown truck to roll close to the front of the house, then jump out on the driveway, flag it down and dare it to go past my house without turning over my Blue LE Pen !!!😈 Drastic times call for drastic measures, tehe.

Then your up-keep.

With USPS that is maybe true in the US, but it appears to no longer work from outside the US, I am afraid - unless someone corrects me that is, in case I don't know where to look. I sent out more than half of the pens via regular, registered and insured mail, and when the package crosses the border, I do not get any updates anymore. With UPS I can see things happening right until delivery. Of course, that does not necessarily mean the packages are delivered to the correct address, but at least I can intervene if necessary (which I had to do 3 times in the last 3 months).

I love the your description of what you may do - I have this imagery in my head of how this could possibly happen <ROFL>.

Thank you for that, it made my day :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

My family can always tell when I'm waiting for a delivery, pacing back and forth, peering out the front door, the back door, the kitchen window. Asking if anyone has seen the mail truck, and of course I'm always at the end of the delivery schedule. :)

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

My family can always tell when I'm waiting for a delivery, pacing back and forth, peering out the front door, the back door, the kitchen window. Asking if anyone has seen the mail truck, and of course I'm always at the end of the delivery schedule. :)

<ROFL>

I am not as bad, but I know the feeling - over here at the end of the delivery schedule as well :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Mirabile dictu!! The package arrived. UPS extorted the vig for the Customs House and turned it over. :) It is big and it is beautiful. I'm waiting to fill it until tomorrow when a new ink will arrive. I'll get some bulkfiller practice today. Thanks so much to Wim for the nib modification; I didn't know enough about things to ask for it. As I type, the hand of God has dispensed a power blackout... Good time for an elderly nap. :)

Yeehaaa!

Great to hear that, vkevt!

Looking forward to seeing any pics or writing :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Congrats to those that have received theirs. From what I've gleaned all are enjoying them.

May I join you in the congratulations to those among us who have received ... if sharing the pain of the wait helps any .... I must travel 15 km of bush trail down to the main logging road, then another 44 km down the logging road to the highway, then down the highway into town and the post office. (for our American friends, about 75 miles) Between me and Le Blue Pearl are also 2 rivers with no bridges. Driving the truck through the river at the rock bottom crossing is doable in the season of open water. Through the river with a Skidoo is not an optimal option. Normally this time of year the river would be ice capped and crossing over the river on the ice, no problem. We have feet of snow and no river ice. I cannot cross. As if it were a flowing Gandalf, the river says, "You will not pass".... at least not for a few more days ;-)

Know what you believe.

FPNers,

As my Grandmother used to say, " Well I just Swany, ain't that greatest thing you ever did see !!!" Seriously, though the pictures are wonderful,there's nothing like actually holding and seeing the Blue. It is stunning.

I've never used a Conid Bulkfiller so I'm going to take your advice, Wim, & take a few tries with water first. I have some Serenity Blue for the first ink run. Unfortunately I had unexpected business come up and as it is late I'll have to wait until tomorrow, well later today. But patience, they say, is a virtue.

There is one more ' funny ' little story concerning Brown !! Never have I had any problems with Brown. However this time after the normal delivery schedule varied and I missed getting Blue Friday, as I should've. Today, knowing there was $30 USD due I reached in my purse, pulled out the cash and saw the lady's head shaking " no ". What?, who doesn't deal with real money. Next, I ask do you take credit cards? Another no. " We take checks. " So I pulled out my checkbook, wrote a check and now I have my pen. That's a first for me and I have lived on this route for 22 years. Just thought that was humorous.

aggie

Then your up-keep.