The Fpn 2015 Le Blue Pearl Celebration - Last Chance For Pre-Christmas Delivery

wimg

Okay, I have been worn down, beat up with beautiful photos and I am giving in. I will treat myself to the FPN 2015 Blue Pearl LE fountain pen. That's it I've made the decision and I cannot talk myself out of it!!!

I even went to the Store and loaded what I wanted in my cart. As I was trying to go through the check out process, I ran in to a couple of problems.

1. There wasn't a place for specific requirements.

2. I couldn't remember how to perform the checkout that was in a post somewhere to instruct us how to, on the last page, convert to Euros saving the 8 - 10 %.

On my questions above # 1, I think I just go to the Mod. Admin. to request the nib modifications that aren't a choice on the order page.

And on question #2, I have looked for that post & can't find it.

So, if I could get a little direction I'll be on my merry way to ordering that beautiful Baby. I knew I was going to weaken but I waited until the last minute and, if Conid hadn't produced a few more on this run I would not have it for Christmas and my birthday.

aggie

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• mr2txaggie

• bushbunny

• Tojusi

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Aggie,

With respect to the Euro option, you are looking at the first message in this thread:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/295488-update-the-fpn-2015-le-blue-pearl-celebration-fountain-pen/

In the Store you need to start with the pen that says $1,125 (and not the one with $1,361.25). That is not actually USD 1,125 but EUR 1,125.

You then run through the process, and make note of what the final amount is - it still says $ but is actually Euro. You make a note of that, and of the recipient information. Then you need to go separately to PayPal, log in, go to send money, enter the recipient information you picked up from the Store, and enter the amount but make sure that you make that number Euro not USD.

On the instructions, do you mean nibs? I think as you move forward through the process you can choose nib size, then various customizations, and then there is a whole host of drop down menus (stroke width, italic or stub type, crispness, obliqueness (none, right, left foot) and oblique angle. If there is more you need, you need to contact Wim.

I'm providing the above info as a person who has gone through the order process successfully, as detailed above, not as an official representative of FPN.

Hi Aggie,

One slight addition to Tojusi's perfect post:

The system automatically calculates VAT, if and where applicable. 1125 euros is the price including VAT (Tojusi resides within the EU-zone), it will be less when ordering from the US, but as mentioned, it is all automatic, whether the USD option or the Euro option is used.

The instructions for the Euro payment are on the final page when going through the options; essentially this is a manual (PayPal) payment.

If you still have problems going through the store, do let me know backchannel, and I'll gladly assist :).

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Thank you Tojusi & wing,

I appreciate you telling me in which message the information I was looking was located.

I did go through the nib choices, sizes, customizations and the drop-down menus you referred to. Thank you for the helping hand, now I know I did that part correct. And yes I wanted a bit more in relation to the nib. So I'll contact wim I would think right after I order, is that right wim?

Wimg, I went all the way to the page just before the final one. Guess I thought I'd missed the instructions for the Euro payment and if I didn't post a question I'd pay more ( in USD ). Now I remember that if the payment wasn't in Euros the transaction couldn't go through.

I don't want to have to ask so many questions, but I want to get it right.

Thank you both, and wim I'll get with you BC after ordering.

aggie

Then your up-keep.

Better to ask many times and get it right once, than to make many mistakes because of not asking! :)

I think that is why FPN is so great - members helping members.

Yes, and we'll all gladly help out :).

@aggie: yes, do contact me, that's a good idea anyway when it comes to custom nibs :).

Warm regards, Wim

P.S.:

The nibs order arrived in Antwerp today, so we're all set for another smashing session of pen assembly and nib mastery this Friday :). I also received the feeds and collars I was waiting for to fit the nibs to the last two pens, of the first batch of 15, half of the first production run, which I have ready to be packaged and shipped otherwise. I'll try to get those to the Post Office before Friday. And then Friday it is off to collect the second half :).

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Wow wim,

You are one busy Santa's helper!!! In some parts of the world, they don't refer to a Santa, maybe ST. Nick or many other names or nothing for this time of the year. But I think you are a hugh plus to FPN and those of us that want Santa to make a stop at our homes.

aggie

Then your up-keep.

I'm looking forward to mine now, I suppose it will really need to go under the Christmas tree......... :)

I suppose it won't arrive in time for Sinterklaas. ;)

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Wow wim,

You are one busy Santa's helper!!! In some parts of the world, they don't refer to a Santa, maybe ST. Nick or many other names or nothing for this time of the year. But I think you are a hugh plus to FPN and those of us that want Santa to make a stop at our homes.

aggie

There appears to be something not right with your system or browser somehow. I have sent you some instructions, and questions, via PM, in reply to yours :).

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

I'm looking forward to mine now, I suppose it will really need to go under the Christmas tree......... :)

I suppose it won't arrive in time for Sinterklaas. ;)

D.ick

If I get things done in time today, it may be there in time rro Sinterklaas, who knows? <ROFL>

Been a bit busy with the accounting side over the last few days (month end etc. <ROFL>).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Update:

Earlier today, I mean yesterday for me ;), the remaining 2 packages were shipped, and thereafter it was time for another planned visit to CONID.

Result: the second 15 pens of our planned batch, plus 3 extra pens! :)

Get ordering people, the pens may arrive just in time for Christmas - the first few pens have arrived already!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Number 008/132 is since Wednesday in my hands!!! Hurraaaaaa!!! (Not only Pelikan has beautiful daughters)

Best regards to all members, who are still waiting for their parcel

Dirk

When is that?

That's December 6 for kids, and generally the evening of December 5 for adults :).

According to PostNL, your package will arrive on Tuesday, so it won't be in time for Sinterklaas.

Sinterklaas is actually the figure that gave birth to the notion of Santaclaus :D. So from the latter POV, it will still be in time ;).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Number 008/132 is since Wednesday in my hands!!! Hurraaaaaa!!! (Not only Pelikan has beautiful daughters)

Best regards to all members, who are still waiting for their parcel

Dirk

Great to hear the good news, Dirk!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

That's December 6 for kids, and generally the evening of December 5 for adults :).

Accordign to PostNL, your package will arrive on Tuesday, so it won't be in time for Sinterklaas.

Sinterklaas is actually the figure that gave birth to the notion of Santaclaus :D. So from the latter POV, it will still be in time ;).

Warm regards, Wim

It hasn't arrived yet so afraid it did miss SinterKlaas!! Looking forward to tomorrow!!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

Woop woop and a dancing bunny on top of that! :bunny01:

I just received the pen number 012 at work - now I have to wait to get home to play with the mechanism and try the first fill of ink!

Thank you FPN, thank you Wim, thank you Conid! The pen is a real beauty.

Friend Amos, I believe that the Conid site shows most of the measurements for a Flattop Kingsize Bulkfiller such as this one.