Hello! And A Tragic Story Of Lost Pens

AmesCG

Hi all! I opened this account in 2013, but I've never used it. I figure it's time to fix that. Anyways, I'm a lawyer in the New York area, have been using fountain pens since high school, and post every now and again on the /r/fountainpens subreddit. My current favorite pen is a Sailor Starburst Galaxy with a music nib.

I also still hold out hope that my previous favorite -- a Visconti Homo Sapiens, 25th Anniversary Edition -- will be returned to me some day. It disappeared from my bag while I was on public transit one morning. Maybe it was stolen? Maybe it fell out of my bag? I haven't decided. Both seem unlikely. In any event, part of my reason for posting now is a long-shot hope that one of you found it and have been holding it faithfully for just such an occassion. Fingers crossed, and here's a link to an announcement I made about it on Reddit. To make matters worse, it was in a black leather case when it was lost.... with a brand new Pelikan Cafe Creme. Heavy sigh.

Either way, glad to join the group! I have been reading your ink reviews and pen repair tips for years, and hope to contribute my own as I learn. I just started teaching myself to restore Vacumatics, so I hope there will be some success stories to post soon!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AmesCG

• robert1962

• Notgatherox

• northstar

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Hello! :W2FPN:

I hope you'll enjoy yourself here!

About lost pens - I lost four couple of months back (Pelikan M400 Brown Tortoise, Lamy 2000, Danitrio Cum Laude and TWSBI Diamond 580), so I feel your pain. I've kinda all but lost hope that I'll ever see them again, but I comfort myself with the fact that out with the old, in with the new.

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as an active member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hi! Welcome to FPN. :W2FPN:

I'm really glad you've joined us.

Enjoy!

Best wishes from Japan,

VirtuThe3rd

万年筆研究家

安達功太 [ Kota Adachi ]

ACG -- do you know of the Big Apple Pen Club? We're New York City's active fountain pen club, and we meet generally every two months on the 2d Thursdays, in midtown. Please feel free to join our mailing list...either via private message to me here on FPN or email to bapcemail@gmail.com ....look forward to meeting you and seeing you at our next meeting!

best,

Tim

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

Welcome, Councilor !

It is time to let go of the old, lost friend, and get another. The fun of selecting, the anticipation of arrival, opening the package, savoring the treasure are all part of the joy. Even if the Visconti finds a way home to you, the waiting is heart-breaking.

Write with joy.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Thank you all for your well wishes! @LordEpic... that's a very, very sad story. In a way it's comforting to know I'm not the only one who's lost more than one pen at once, but I'd rather we didn't have this in common, for both of our sakes! Hopefully we both can find our lost friends! In the meantime, @Sasha, you raise a good point. It's always exciting to have a new daily pen. I'll update you on those new additions when my pocketbook recovers :).

Tim, sounds like I should check out your group! I will do that and thank you all for the warm welcomes!!

• 2 weeks later...

I remember your post on reddit! A few days ago I was actually wondering if you ever found it.

I probably can't imagine what you're going through -- a week ago I forgot my Eco at the hairdresser, and it made me so very sad. I don't even enjoy it that much!

I hope you find another beauty soon! (And possibly get back the old one. :) ) I'm sure FPN will help you. Welcome!

Welcome!

Just back from a week in NYC. Used transit quite a bit. Lost my bright yellow Cheerios ball cap. I feel your pain.

Bob

Shouldn't phonics be spelled with an f?