Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Boheme Quit Writing

Drcollector

I received a pre-owned Boheme today along with a pack of mystery black Montblanc ink cartridges. I popped in a cartridge - making sure it was firmly in there - and nothing. After some contemplation and mild frustration I decide to run the nib under some water. A stream of old blue ink gushes out and after some wiping I put the nib to paper. The ink flow was fantastic and never skipped. At this point the ink was taupe colored and it faded into grey then black. My Boheme wrote beautifully for a whole page of Rhodia, but all of a sudden it refused to cooperate. What was once a generous flow of ink was now a twisted hybrid of skipping and nothingness.

I should note that a similar situation occurred with my 149. The pens write amazingly well for a few hours, then...kaput! What is the source of this problem and how can it be remedied?

Urushiphile

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Erasmus

• dubhe

• gerigo

• Cornishmaid

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad mix of inks could have clogged the feed, or there's still a bunch of old dried ink in there. A thorough flush will fix it. Some have used bulb syringes or other homemade devices to push water through the feed without getting it in the mechanism. MB makes a special plastic squeeze thingy just for that purpose.

• 1 year later...

My Boheme does the same, it writes for a page, then refuses to start a new sentence. When I finally coax it into inking again it skips terribly. I have had this pen 10 or 11 years but have only just started using it again. I did flush it out as well as I could, but do not have a bulb to flush it out with. I think it is such a beautiful pen but I am so frustrated with it.

Edited by Cornishmaid

Mont Blanc Boheme Noir 2006

Noodlers Ahab

You can get a specific plastic tool designed to flush the Boheme from Montblanc. However it's only used for regular cleaning. It sounds like your pen needs some time with an ultrasonic cleaner.

You could try some pen cleaning fluid like J Herbin, it will dissolve any old ink, and you flush it out after 5 mins or so.

You can get a specific plastic tool designed to flush the Boheme from Montblanc. However it's only used for regular cleaning. It sounds like your pen needs some time with an ultrasonic cleaner.

Thanks yes I was looking at those on the MB site.

Noodlers Ahab

You could try some pen cleaning fluid like J Herbin, it will dissolve any old ink, and you flush it out after 5 mins or so.

Thanks, yes I think I will get some of that and a bulb from MB to flush it out.

Noodlers Ahab