Flex Pen Under Rs 1000?

abdcolvinian

I'm really fond of the dip nibs especially my Brause No 141 . But I'm looking for a flex nib Fountain pen under Rupees 1000 . I have no qualms about the exterior design I rather hardly care about its age . But then I'm low on budget right now and wouldn't mind a bad looking pen I just want an Extra fine or fine tipped flex pen . I have checked the Lucknow stores the price they quoted me was over 25000 .I have high hopes from FPN.

post-119366-0-32643800-1444810258_thumb.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• abdcolvinian

• mhguda

• vig2432

• prashant.tikekar

You could get an inexpensive pen of your choice from Asapens.in (no affiliation) and have them substitute the stock nib with the right size flex nib. If it's not indicated as an option, contact them to ask. It will be very easy to stay within your budget and get a good pen.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Go to the group buy in the PIF section. Ambitious flex nibs costs about 100rs.

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

Go to the group buy in the PIF section. Ambitious flex nibs costs about 100rs.

#6 flex nib fit Airmail / Wality 71J, 69T, 69EB (ebonite) or 71JT available in price range of Rs 180 to Rs 350

Edited by prashant.tikekar

Thanks a Bunch people. It was really helpful. Will try everything mentioned by you people :D Cheers

How did the search go?

I have tried the following options and all options have worked for me,

- A modified KIM pen by fellow FPNer S-K (https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/292647-kim-jumbo-with-flex-steel-nib/)

- The Gama Ezuthani can be fitted ith a Gillot (https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/267615-ezhuthani-desk-pen-from-gama/)

- Airmail / Wality 71J, 69T, 69EB (#6 flex nibs or other similar sized ones)

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to get a Kim & Co Jumbo sized pen with a semi flex nib from Rafi. A tad rigid and scratchy. I suppose will smoothen out with use.

I spoke with the local pen dealer shop here in Lucknow "Anupam Bhartiya" ,who were once manufacturer's of Anupam Bhartiya Pens , the owner assured me that he has somewhere a box filled with old flex FP nibs, I even found one but it was a broad one and it didn't fit in any of my pens. He gave me an extremely cheap pen to work with meanwhile which accepts dip nibs including my Esterbrook No 128 for Rs 25 it is called a Rector133 . But I have to dip the pen in Ink before it works . If you ever come to Lucknow do not forget to visit this particular shop , these guys have really cool collection of dip nibs. No affiliation with the shop .

post-119366-0-82401100-1447137245_thumb.jpg

Edited by abdcolvinian