Filofax Refillable Notebooks!

PenBoutique

A short video containing information regarding Filofax notebooks!

Edited by PenBoutique

Pen Boutique
Pen Boutique on facebook!
Blog

Pen Boutique on Instagram!

Columbia, Maryland, USA (Opp. to The Mall in Columbia)

"FPN Rocks!!! It also gives you extra 5% at our store with coupon code: FPNROCKS" Exlcusive for FPN members only

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inotrym

• Tanzanite

• sidthecat

• Peruvian

I got one of these a few months ago. Nice idea, poor execution.

The notebook could definitely use a better cover material and maybe a couple of integrated pockets and an overall design change.

It was kind of underwhelming, really.. at least it was cheap..

I got one of these a few months ago. Nice idea, poor execution.

The notebook could definitely use a better cover material and maybe a couple of integrated pockets and an overall design change.

It was kind of underwhelming, really.. at least it was cheap..

Good information. How did it perform with your fountain pens?

Pretty good, actually. Granted, it´s not Rhodia/Clairefontaine smooth, but it took my Iroshizukus well. No feathering, showthrough or anything like that. It´s a little heavier than standard copy paper, perhaps that helps too.

Either way, If you find that you like the notebook but not the paper, you can always buy the Filofax hole puncher and make your own refills.

I picked up a pocket size one a few months ago. I am liking it mostly because it is the same hole spacing and structure as my circa stuff, including the hole punch. I sometimes use the punch on 3x5 cards that I've printed notes or lists on. My Levenger circa paper is horrible for my FPs and this paper is much better. Also I tend to take notes, snap a picture of them within Evernote and then discard the paper. So the easy removal and refill is great. I do agree with others that the cover is just cheap and thin. It's already becoming rear-end shaped. But when writing is opens fully and stays flat, and that's all I need.

"We can become expert in an erroneous view" --Tenzin Wangyal Rinoche

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have a Flex with cream colored paper, the paper is smooth, but how its handle inks is pretty dependent from the ink and pen combo.

I have tried only a few, basically all ink pen combination have some level shadow

Parker Sonnet with fine nib:

Diamine Imperial Purple - minimal shadowing, no bleed through

J. Herbin Perle Noire - minimal shadowing, no bleed through

Parker Sonnet with medium nib:

Sailor Jentle Grenade pretty visible shadowing, some bleed through

Sailor Sapporo fine nib:

Jentle black - minimal shadowing, no bleed through

Montblanc Princesse Grace de Monaco medium nib:

Imperial Puple - visible shadowing with some bleed through (less than the Grenade combination and the Doufold combination)

Sailor Kobe Sannomiya Panse - visible shadowing and rare bleed through

Parker Duofold medium nib

Asa Blue - strong shadows and produced the most bleed through

Burnt Sienna - strong shadows as well bleed through is visible.

Feathering also visible, with the medium nibs its getting easily visible, except Sannomiya Panse was behaved pretty well even was written with medium nib and also its more wet than Imperial Purple.

Well, I trying to found some alternative paper to my Flex but if I didn't found than probably will remain Filofax's paper, because it can handle fine nibs well, and I like fine lines better. Maruman's Cover Note is bit worst, have stronger shadows and more bleed through with Imperial Purple and fine Sonnet nib. Although it can happen due I wrote in Japanese that notebook and there is no such thing as fast writing in Japanese... :)

• 5 weeks later...

I found an ancient Filofax in my house and sent for some paper. Big disappointment. Too absorbent and too closely-ruled.

I'll look into the Tomoe River paper...thanks for the tip!

I was just about to click "place your order" for some Filofax A5 refills and thank goodness I read thi first. Will continue looking eventhough I only have 1 month to find something!