Asa Nauka Group Buy

jjlax10

I am pleased to organize a group buy for a new model from ASA Pens, the Nauka. Nauka means boat in Hindi, which as you will see in the photographs below, is apt based on the pen's sleek lines and curves. The pen is reminiscent of the early Sheaffer Crests with threading at the top of the section and the more recent Oldwins.

The first group of photographs are of the initial prototype, which is an eyedropper. Please note that I put my own Nemosine cursive italic I ground. The nib options are described below (Nemosine is not the stock nib).

21393114950_3b6a695cfe_c.jpg

21569865482_1f34e1c594_c.jpg

Some adjustments were made, and the following are photographs of the pen more close to the final production in black ebonite with a screw in nib unit:

21874098106_064c2fefa5_c.jpg

21909936621_ef96995158_c.jpg

21909965781_50a92c49a3_c.jpg

21874128956_f31bbcd454_c.jpg

21279162893_672238c015_c.jpg

The pricing will be as follows:

ED with stock nib 25$

JoWo with converter 45$
Schmidt with converter 35$

We need a commitment of ten purchasers to get the group buy going.

The pen will be available in ebonite in the following colors in addition to black:

21888301482_ee90dc66b8_c.jpg

Edited by jjlax10

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• subbucal

• I.M.

• jjlax10

• prashant.tikekar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will this be available to people in the UK? Thanks.

Yes... worldwide...

will be shipped from India

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Is rod #6 a reddish brown ebonite? Are there any other pictures available of the rods? I could go for a second pen (ED) if I liked the colour enough.

Is the cap clipless?

Beauty lies in the capless design... however you can still incorporate clip... i wont recommend that

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Two ED with stock nib: color #2 and color #8.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Would love to have some dimensions (metric):

1. Section diameter
  2. Unposted length (to end of section is fine since there are different nib options)
  3. Posted Length (to end of section is fine since there are different nib options)
Edited by MKB

The pens will also be available in regular Dark Brown- Black, Light Brown- Black, Green-Black, Shiny Black and Matt Black finishes.

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco