FPN Board software upgrade, part deux

Admin

Dear people of FPN,

As you can see the board software has been upgraded already. A little earlier than planned, but this way could be done without interruption, as we found out late last night board time :). So no withdrawal symptoms for anybody.

However - isn't there always a but or however :) - , it does mean that all the extar features that we built into the site, extra buttons and the like, are not available yet.

We will be working on these over the next days, possibly weeks, depending on the ease with which the adaptations can be made.

I hope you can bear with us while this happens.

Warm regards,

The FPN Admin Team

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• Viseguy

• Margana

• Maja

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice this upgrade!! I like it!!

I saw that our space is now reduced to 5Mb!! I have removed my attachments and put them in my webspace. So I don't use anymore fpn space for pics.

<i><b><font size="4"><a href="http://www.duninet.com" target="_blank">Andrea Duni</a></font></b><br><font color="#696969">(ex Netnemo)</font></i><br><br><b>Join the FPN Groups on <a href="https://www.facebook.com/groups/fountainpennetwork/" target="_blank">Facebook</a> and <a href="http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/799587" target="_blank">LinkedIn</a></b>

Not done yet? It already looks so good to me! And is it really going a wee bit faster, or is the more modern look making me imagine faster speed? :)

Thanks, Admin! :)

Dear people of FPN,

As you can see the board software has been upgraded already. A little earlier than planned, but this way could be done without interruption, as we found out late last night board time :). So no withdrawal symptoms for anybody.

The FPN Admin Team

No withdrawals...? Whadda ya mean no withdrawals.....? It was down forever, days it was...........and no end in sight. The agony...... :blink:

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

Warm regards,

The FPN Admin Team

I read:

Warm regards,

Wim

How things get stuck in your mind... ;)

Anyway, I've already used the mutiple posts quote feature. It's nice. It''s great that the upgrade went/is going so smooth. :)

Congratulations on a very smooth upgrade! It looks good, works smoothly and seems even faster than the last version.

Many thanks to a superb admin staff. This makes me want to DONATE! Sort of like paying dues...

Flying by the seat of my pants.

Thanks for the smooth upgrade; I thought the board would be down for a whole day or two, so this was a nice surprise :)

Now, we just need all our smilies back so I can communicate properly... :lol:

Edited by Maja

...I've already used the mutiple posts quote feature. It's nice.

How do you do that? I don't see a button for it. I've been opening a copy of the thread in a separate tab and pasting quotes back into my reply. Is there a faster way? :unsure:

Viseguy

I really like the new software you are using! Its fresh and new (hmmm...I can almost SMELL the newness!) and it seems easier to use than the last. Its also more customizable as with the last software, I couldn't figure out how to change my time zone! Anyways, good job!

Evan

Sheaffer all the way!

How do you do that? I don't see a button for it. I've been opening a copy of the thread in a separate tab and pasting quotes back into my reply. Is there a faster way? :unsure:

Hi Viseguy,

Just mark the posts to be quoted with the +Quote button, which then becomes a red -Quote, continue doing that for all the posts you want to quote, and on the last one click Reply. or mark them all this way and click Add reply when done.

That's it - easy.

Oh, and when you decide you don't need to quote one after all, just click on the red -Quote, and it will become a blue +Quote again.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Edited by wimg

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I really like the new software you are using! Its fresh and new (hmmm...I can almost SMELL the newness!) and it seems easier to use than the last. Its also more customizable as with the last software, I couldn't figure out how to change my time zone! Anyways, good job!

Evan

Hi Evan,

You can find this option in My Controls (at the top right of the page):

Menu - Options - Board Settings - Your base time zone.

The Menu is on the left hand side in My Controls, scroll to Options, then click Board Settings, and time zone is the first option on the page..

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

great job on the upgrade. the array of new options is fantastic and i think it makes the board a lot more user friendly. there are so many little things to discover now-its like a treasure hunt!

-Nick

Yes, the upgrade is nice. I recognise the features from another forum I'm a member on.

I notice the current skin does not scale correctly in the banner section. The Search and Help buttons are of the screen at the right.

Also I uploaded the image below depicting the problem and I noticed the image is a 80kb jpg image on my harddrive while after uploading the board tells me I have used 1.96mb !?

Hans.

post-352-1176848743_thumb.jpg

smilehttp://home.kpn.nl/geele160/pinno.gifand enjoy the moment

Hmm... where'd the advanced search go? (options such as "display results as posts/threads," "search entire post/titles only" are gone.

But, I like several of the new options, including having the thread name included in the page title and the fastreply.

Hmm... where'd the advanced search go? (options such as "display results as posts/threads," "search entire post/titles only" are gone.

But, I like several of the new options, including having the thread name included in the page title and the fastreply.

you have to go down two levels of options and then more options to get to the advanced search.

K

Hi Viseguy,

Just mark the posts to be quoted with the +Quote button, which then becomes a red -Quote, continue doing that for all the posts you want to quote, and on the last one click Reply. or mark them all this way and click Add reply when done.

That's it - easy.

Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that in a million years. Not exactly "intuitive", is it? "Minus Quote" to add quotes? :wacko: But... it works! Many thanks for the info.! :)

Viseguy

The upgrade adds a lot of value, for sure. On the downside, the board does not display properly in Firefox v2. The graphics in the FPN masthead are stacked one on top of the other, instead of displaying in a single line. Worse than that, the "Assistant" feature is unusable. The graphic portions take up the entire window, while the text and links are scrolled all the way to the right, out of reach. It's a problem. These problems do not occur with Internet Explorer, but I would hate to have to resort to IE for reading and posting to FPN!

Viseguy

The upgrade adds a lot of value, for sure. On the downside, the board does not display properly in Firefox v2. The graphics in the FPN masthead are stacked one on top of the other, instead of displaying in a single line. Worse than that, the "Assistant" feature is unusable. The graphic portions take up the entire window, while the text and links are scrolled all the way to the right, out of reach. It's a problem. These problems do not occur with Internet Explorer, but I would hate to have to resort to IE for reading and posting to FPN!

I'm running FireFox v. 2.0.0.3 on WinXP Pro SP2 with all the latest Windows updates doodads, and everything seems to be rendering fine for me. Graphics are displaying fine, and nothing seems piled up to me on the main board or in the assistant window. Just another datum.

Don