Ink Stores In India?

Deepak_Pandya

Hey hi!

Thanks for taking interest.

Could anyone help me out with ink stores in India? I would prefer the ones who give an option to order online. (Of course, I cannot travel all of India just for some ink bottles :/ )

I live in a small town & all that is available here is Camlin Blue & Red inks. If you are lucky, you may find Parker Quinky.

I'm looking for inkwells up to INR 500 but cannot find stores. I have been swarming the internet since last week but to no good.

I've been through pensavenvue.com, pensindia.com & of course snapdeal, flipkart, ebay and amazon. Here's what I've seen:

Pelikan inks (32/65ml base colors RGBY) : INR 200-400 : OUT OF STOCK

Diamine inks (30-60ml base colors RGY, blue available): INR 375-500: OUT OF STOCK

Waterman inks: Same, out of stock.

I mean, come on! All they've got of these brands are 850 & above! You name it! Lamy, Diamine, Waterman, J.herbin, etc.

Can't find varied colors in any local brands & I'm not going to use camlin.

I've tried to shop cross country but the shipping charges are more than the cost of product, obviously. :/

I currently use PILOT NAMIKI IROSHIZUKU - Ku-jaku Peacock Deep Turquoise Blue (50ml) & it cost me 1500 INR. I ordered it from engeika.com. If you buy the same thing from any of the Indian stores, you get it for 2500. Now, I can't afford 1500 for ever color and just for 50ml.

So, I'm looking for varied colors & a bit of quality at the same time. So, any suggestion regarding stores / places to buy would be helpful. Also, please let me know if there are any Indian brands who make good inks.

Thank you!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deepak_Pandya

• amarjit

• Dhruv_Sood

• mehandiratta

Have you tried williampenn? They have some private reserve inks which are for 600 something. Free shipping above 500.

You should have ordered multiple bottles for Iroshizuku. No point in ordering just 1. I have 4 bottles of Iroshizuku all ordered together.

Have you tried williampenn? They have some private reserve inks which are for 600 something. Free shipping above 500.

You should have ordered multiple bottles for Iroshizuku. No point in ordering just 1. I have 4 bottles of Iroshizuku all ordered together.

Ah yes, I thought so. But have to keep a check on my wallet ;)

Will do so in the next order. Was new to this website and Iroshizuku & hence just tried.

And thanks for the store name! Will check it out asap.

you can try www.pensavenue.com for pelikan and diamine inks, they do have stock online.

Yes, they do. But them smart *tashreefs* have all the base colors out of stock like Yellow, amber, green, & red. I'm talking about the base colors & not their varients. So, as you don't order only base colors & make new by mixing them.

So are the pelikan 30ml ink bottles which cost 200 INR

The Diamine sunset & blaze orange almost look the same. So does the poppy red & wild strawberry. So it's like: We've got shades that you can individually purchase but, we won't allow you to buy those colors from which your desired shade can be made by mixing. So, we won't allow you to save money. I've been chasing these guys since 2 weeks and they never re-stock on those inks.

Eg: Mixing Diamine apple glory & aqua lagoon makes an awesome turquoise shade! but Apple glory is out of stock.

Mixing Diamine red dragon & yellow makes a flawless orange shade but no! Yellow is out of stocking since 190 AD -_-

It's not just this website. This strategy is being adopted everywhere.

But sigh, looks like no other way out.

Thanks for the reply! :D

Yes, they do. But them smart *tashreefs* have all the base colors out of stock like Yellow, amber, green, & red. I'm talking about the base colors & not their varients. So, as you don't order only base colors & make new by mixing them.

So are the pelikan 30ml ink bottles which cost 200 INR

The Diamine sunset & blaze orange almost look the same. So does the poppy red & wild strawberry. So it's like: We've got shades that you can individually purchase but, we won't allow you to buy those colors from which your desired shade can be made by mixing. So, we won't allow you to save money. I've been chasing these guys since 2 weeks and they never re-stock on those inks.

Eg: Mixing Diamine apple glory & aqua lagoon makes an awesome turquoise shade! but Apple glory is out of stock.

Mixing Diamine red dragon & yellow makes a flawless orange shade but no! Yellow is out of stocking since 190 AD -_-

It's not just this website. This strategy is being adopted everywhere.

But sigh, looks like no other way out.

Thanks for the reply! :D

Agree with you. Even i am waiting for Past one month for them to stock Diamine Registrar Ink 100ml bottle but still no sign. They right now have only 30ml Diamine Registrar Ink in stock

Ah yes, I thought so. But have to keep a check on my wallet ;)

Will do so in the next order. Was new to this website and Iroshizuku & hence just tried.

And thanks for the store name! Will check it out asap.

Rakuten would help. Rakuten prices are well below the MSRP unlike the store I bought from which sold at MSRP.

I have only ordered once from Williampenn so I don't know what they are like. Order arrived in 7 days, a bottle of Private Reserve Sherwood Green.

You should try Rohrer & Klingner too. They are great value for money and are stocked by Pensavenue. I have my 9 bottles coming from Netherlands.

I never use Indian made inks. I use brands like Sailor, Pilot, J. Herbin, Rohrer & Klingner, Diamine, Akkerman, GvFC etc.

Rakuten would help. Rakuten prices are well below the MSRP unlike the store I bought from which sold at MSRP.

I have only ordered once from Williampenn so I don't know what they are like. Order arrived in 7 days, a bottle of Private Reserve Sherwood Green.

You should try Rohrer & Klingner too. They are great value for money and are stocked by Pensavenue. I have my 9 bottles coming from Netherlands.

I never use Indian made inks. I use brands like Sailor, Pilot, J. Herbin, Rohrer & Klingner, Diamine, Akkerman, GvFC etc.

Same goes with me! Said no to Indian brand months ago. All they do is smudge, choke the ink flow if kept unused for a week & fade away within a week or two.

I did think of ordering from gouletpens.com <<-- these guys are the best but buoy, dat 41 USD shipping charge killed my dream bubble :(

Anyways, I've never tried R&K so will give it a shot. I love the Iroshizuku. I have a few Diamine inks coming in.. will review later! I also use Parker Quink Blue & Black as regular writing inks. I keep those costly inks just to mix with parker/lamy/diamine to make new shades. Parker/Lamy/Diamine = within pocket's reach.

Would love if these smart "tashreefs" (online stores) stock upon the pelikan inks. They're "sasta & tikau" :D

Btw, you have a personal shipment from netherlands or you ordered it from any shop over there?

Bril has now online store...

Just browsed it's online store... Rs 90 for 1000ml of writing ink?? Whaaaat??

And Rs. 20 for 60ml?

I mean, are they good? Or just like camlin inks?

Have you tried them, sir? Please share reviews if so. :)

And Rs. 20 for 60ml?

blue is good, violet stains the barrel. I had bought and mostly distributed to my collegues who uses pen. Right now i have pelikan brown, Pelikan Violet, Hero 232 Blue Black, Hero 234 Carbon Black. My fav is Hero 234 carbon black

Same goes with me! Said no to Indian brand months ago. All they do is smudge, choke the ink flow if kept unused for a week & fade away within a week or two.

I did think of ordering from gouletpens.com <<-- these guys are the best but buoy, dat 41 USD shipping charge killed my dream bubble :(

Anyways, I've never tried R&K so will give it a shot. I love the Iroshizuku. I have a few Diamine inks coming in.. will review later! I also use Parker Quink Blue & Black as regular writing inks. I keep those costly inks just to mix with parker/lamy/diamine to make new shades. Parker/Lamy/Diamine = within pocket's reach.

Would love if these smart "tashreefs" (online stores) stock upon the pelikan inks. They're "sasta & tikau" :D

Btw, you have a personal shipment from netherlands or you ordered it from any shop over there?

Also, do you mind sharing the links of the stores from where you buy?

blue is good, violet stains the barrel. I had bought and mostly distributed to my collegues who uses pen. Right now i have pelikan brown, Pelikan Violet, Hero 232 Blue Black, Hero 234 Carbon Black. My fav is Hero 234 carbon black

do you mind sharing the links of the stores from where you buy?

And Rs. 20 for 60ml?

Bril is a nice saturated ink that gives good color. The Laurel rose and the Purple are wonderful colors...

A lifelong FP user...

Try goldspot instead of gouletpens unless you want Noodlers Liberty Elysium or Purple Heart. Both of them are exclusive to gouletpens and will not be available in any other shop.

Goldspot charges $28 for shipping which is the lowest possible charge for a parcel to India.

I don't use Lamy or Parker, but I do have 4 bottles of Diamine 150th Anniversary ink. Silver fox, regency blue, blue velvet and blue-black. Not planning on buying any more diamine.

I bought inks from a shop in Netherlands: http://www.lacouronneducomte.nl

Free shipping on orders above 150 euros. Mine exceeded 250.

They don't sell Akkerman. Akkerman is a shop exclusive brand which is in The Hague.

Anybody has any experience of Mumbai customs?

I can concur that Bril Royal Blue is one of the best blue inks I've used. I am using the last of my 50ml or so bottle very sparingly for that reason - shipping is a bit of a pain, halfway around the world. But it is a very nice ink. I am waiting for my friend to make good on her promise to send me some more!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I can concur that Bril Royal Blue is one of the best blue inks I've used. I am using the last of my 50ml or so bottle very sparingly for that reason - shipping is a bit of a pain, halfway around the world. But it is a very nice ink. I am waiting for my friend to make good on her promise to send me some more!

Use it freely... I will Send you

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter