Nagasawa Kobe #23 Nagata Blue

AndyYNWA

This is my first ever ink review, so there might be a bit more to wish for. Especially my handwriting....

The paper I have used is a copy paper, but not the cheapest. Actually it's quite nice to write on.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/AndyYNWA/Ink%20reviews/Kobe%20Inks/CCF20092015_00000_zpshzqxdd0w.jpg

Water resistance test. Held under running water for about 7-8 seconds. Quite good result, imho.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/AndyYNWA/Ink%20reviews/Kobe%20Inks/0745a0ae-a8c5-44c8-9878-971ae3374432_zpsyipu6hcl.jpg

By accident I spilled som tea on a note I hade written. So, one extra resistance test.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/AndyYNWA/Ink%20reviews/Kobe%20Inks/51d8496f-a8a7-407d-b9b5-b6598e5bcf01_zpsqguonumn.jpg

I hope you found the review interesting and helpful.

Feedback is welcome.

Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AndyYNWA

• Abner C. Kemp

• Tas

• kpatters5274

Thank you.

Beautiful, beautiful shading. Reminds me of Caran d' Ache Magnetic blue but with a much better water resistance and no hint of pink when washed away.

I'll pencil this on my wish list and keep an eye out for it.

Thank you.

Beautiful, beautiful shading. Reminds me of Caran d' Ache Magnetic blue but with a much better water resistance and no hint of pink when washed away.

I'll pencil this on my wish list and keep an eye out for it.

Thanks! I also like the shading.

Atsu (cool-japan) has it for sale on eBay.

Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA - JFT97

Thanks for the review! I'm just starting to explore the world of Japanese ink, and every review is very helpful.

Also, I love that you put lines through your "q's"-- I do that, too, and it's not something I've seen others do much. Handwriting excitement! :D

Thanks for the review! I'm just starting to explore the world of Japanese ink, and every review is very helpful.

Also, I love that you put lines through your "q's"-- I do that, too, and it's not something I've seen others do much. Handwriting excitement! :D

Japanese inks, especially Sailor's, are great!

That's how we are thought to write q's in Sweden. So that they're not confused with g's.

YNWA - JFT97

A picture I shot it in the light from my window, but it is a bit blue and have gotten some strange lines across it. But maybe they can be to some use....

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/AndyYNWA/Ink%20reviews/Kobe%20Inks/F406D042-A6A0-4680-B790-B0B93F10CB83_zpskybpfiyf.jpg

Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA - JFT97

Thank you, Andy. Great review.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Great review! The color has a professional feel to it.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Great review! The color has a professional feel to it.

Thanks!

Yes, it feels very usable in my daily work. Especially on official documents.

YNWA - JFT97

Hi Andy, thank you for a fab review. I love the shading of this very sturdy blue, it feels like a very mature and reserved ink, very 'grown up'. I look forward to more of your reviews!.

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Hi Andy, thank you for a fab review. I love the shading of this very sturdy blue, it feels like a very mature and reserved ink, very 'grown up'. I look forward to more of your reviews!.

Thank you for your kind words!

YNWA - JFT97

It's a lovely blue jeans color. Great review--keep it comin'!

Thanks!

As soon as I get a new, bit unusual ink, I will write a new review. Probably in my new Oxford notebook :)

YNWA - JFT97

Thanks for the review. This ink is right up my alley and the water resistance is really impressive. It reminds me a bit of the Montblanc Midnight Blue. Thanks for turning me on to an ink I would have never even considered.

Thanks!

As soon as I get a new, bit unusual ink, I will write a new review. Probably in my new Oxford notebook :)

Any chance you could take a shot of this ink on the oxford paper. Perhaps we would see even more shading and a touch of sheen on the nicer paper.

I think its fairly close to the old IG MB Midnight Blue, but has more shading.

I have my Oxford notebook at work and I will be on a business trip in the beginning of next week, but if you have some patient I will try to post a writing sample by the end of next week. I will look for the sheen.

Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA - JFT97

Now I've done a writing sample in my Oxford My Colors Notebook with Optic paper.

Not very big difference from the copy paper in my orignal review, but it shades slightly more and you can force it to sheen a little when it's very wet. I only managed to get sheen when I dropped the ink onto the paper. The text also become a bit lighter on the Optic paper, if it's good or bad is up to the beholder.

I apologize for the quality of the images. I had mixed lighting in my office and couldn't really sort it out with the camera in my phone.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/AndyYNWA/Ink%20reviews/Kobe%20Inks/6967b286-a83d-48f9-b20c-830b8a5dcfaf_zpspib5kqza.jpg

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/AndyYNWA/Ink%20reviews/Kobe%20Inks/64539df3-ac74-470b-b0ed-eb2f35079634_zpsttjbmoho.jpg

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/AndyYNWA/Ink%20reviews/Kobe%20Inks/0ba631e0-1e4f-4ae7-9295-f4ea3879ac80_zpsgmdzcclc.jpg

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/AndyYNWA/Ink%20reviews/Kobe%20Inks/10485b97-3d19-4baf-a09a-6b851d1437a4_zpst71yjumr.jpg

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/AndyYNWA/Ink%20reviews/Kobe%20Inks/b4e5a125-16be-4080-a510-edcc736c4c12_zpsemjgoqdn.jpg

Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA - JFT97