Caran D'ache Colours Of The Earth Series Saffron Or Storm Ink

Chrissy

Let's just hypothesise if I found a very small source of both C d'A Saffron and Storm inks, and the more I bought, the cheaper they were, because of the shipping cost. Is there still a market for them?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• haruka337

• visvamitra

• migo984

I might be interested depending on the cost. I like both the colors with their shading tendencies. I do have a few inks similar to the Saffron. What did you have in mind? How would you feel about a possible trade? Feel free to contact me via PM.

They are there until you try to buy them, then they are out of stock

This brings up a bit of a sore spot with a lot of web sites that, like this one, don't indicate that the item is out of stock until you try to add it to the shopping cart. The results in a lot of wasted time when doing a search for a difficult-to-find item. Merchants should delete items from their offerings that are discontinued (unless they actually still have some left), or at least indicate that the item is out-of-stock without our having to try to purchase it.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

This brings up a bit of a sore spot with a lot of web sites that, like this one, don't indicate that the item is out of stock until you try to add it to the whopping cart. The results in a lot of wasted time when doing a search for a difficult-to-find item. Merchants should delete items from their offerings that are discontinued (unless they actually still have some left), or at least indicate that the item is out-of-stock without our having to try to purchase it.

I don't know if it's worth anything but I ordered my hoard of saffron, amazon, and Grand Canyon from Penboutique. I was partly responsible for clearing the shelves there. One of my bottles of amazon arrived with the glass chipped off at the rim of the bottle and the ink leaking out from the cap and onto the packaging as well as the crumpled paper used as cushioning material.

I called them up right away and they sent a replacement bottle immediately.

I don't know if something like that could maybe throw off their inventory such that the online catalog still shows the ink as in-stock when in reality it is all gone. And you don't discover that till you go to checkout.

I recently bought more bottles of Amazon, Saffron, Storm, Sunset, Caribbean Sea and Grand Canyon. There are still bottles to be had if you shop around, usually in art supplies shops and small independents. It's surprising how often they pop up on Amazon too, at reasonable prices and low shipping costs (at least in the UK).

Verba volant, scripta manent

I recently bought more bottles of Amazon, Saffron, Storm, Sunset, Caribbean Sea and Grand Canyon. There are still bottles to be had if you shop around, usually in art supplies shops and small independents. It's surprising how often they pop up on Amazon too, at reasonable prices and low shipping costs (at least in the UK).

You minx !

I was going to give you my all but unused bottle of Saffron as a "Thank you"

:(

You minx !

I was going to give you my all but unused bottle of Saffron as a "Thank you"

:(

Ooooh don't let me stop you! I'd hate to deprive you of the pleasure of giving LOL ;-)

Are you going to the London Pen Show? I need to arrange the inky handover! :-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

Ooooh don't let me stop you! I'd hate to deprive you of the pleasure of giving LOL ;-)

Are you going to the London Pen Show? I need to arrange the inky handover! :-)

Great idea. That'd be wonderful - our paths somehow crossed last year . . . :unsure:

I'll bring along The Saffron . . .

They are there until you try to buy them, then they are out of stock

Ah. It was still available a week or two ago. I always removed it from my cart for the final purchase--as hard to come by as the inks are these days, the available colors didn't quite move me enough to buy. The only colors that I'm interested in are Carbon Black and Grand Canyon Brown. Pen Boutique lacked those colors at the time.

Post edit:

Found a place that offers 4 colors from this line: http://www.pianki.com/Caran-dAche-Fountain-Pen-Inks_c_189.html

Carbon Black

Grand Canyon Brown

Blue Sky

Sunset Pink

Placed my order--hope I didn't clean out the brown and black. :/

The shipping is a little steep (Fed Ex), but I got a merchant rate since I'm having it delivered at work--that brought it down to something reasonable.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

True, true.

I'm finding a good number of out-of-production inks tucked away in Rakuten or on-line "luxury" boutiques in which they sell fountain pens and inks, but it's not their main focus.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life