... From My Cold, Inky Fingers.

Luma

Purely THEORETICAL, but here are the rules:

1. Limited to 10 bottles MAX.

2. Can be any combination of ink and bottles as long as it pertains to rule #1.

3. DO NOT PANIC... this is not real.

If you had to take or save only 10 bottles of ink, what would they be? These are the inks that you absolutely cannot live without and need to be pried from your cold, inky fingers. You can choose to take 10 bottles of the same ink or you can have 2 bottles of one ink and 3 bottles of another so long as the final result adds up to 10 bottles total. You may also opt to take one bottle of several different inks. Whatever the choice, let us know.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luma

• inkstainedruth

• chewytulip

• haruka337

oh god oh god oh god

***hyperventilates***

+++finds paper bag+++

{reads #3}

Oh!

*siiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

*...runs around trying to find the Inky-4-Life hotline number and trips over a cordless phone...*

Well, first of all, I am CMYK-ing my way out of this mess! Ten colors would never be enough!

1. Noodler's Navajo Turquoise

2. Noodler's Shah's Rose

3. Noodler's Yellow

4. Noodler's Polar Black (I like my inks slick, ok?)

Then I have to have one basic ink that "normal" people would use.

5. J. Herbin Éclat de Saphir. The gigantic bottle, of course.

Then I need some fun stuff.

6. J. Herbin Emerald of Chivor

7. Noodler's Apache Sunset

But now I only have three spots left for favorites! noooooooooo......

8. DeAtramentis Mahatma Gandhi. It's aggressively cheerful. Necessary for most Novembers.

9. Organics Studio Emily Dickinson Posie Pink. Knocks off socks regularly.

10. Noodler's Dragon Catfish Pink. For all my permanent highlighting needs. But, oh, it was tough to pass up on Dragon's Napalm. And Year of the Golden Pig.

If this scenario were real, I have learned that I'd be mixing all my favorite greens.

*...runs around trying to find the Inky-4-Life hotline number and trips over a cordless phone...*

The next step for FPN is a hotline! Wait, is that what the chat room thing is all about???

The next step for FPN is a hotline! Wait, is that what the chat room thing is all about???

Nah. That there is the tip off line for the little men in white coats who work in the building with the padded walls...

2 x Noodler's Liberty Elysium, Pelikan Edelstein Amethyst, Pelikan Edelstein Amber, J Herbin 1670 Stormy Grey, J Herbin 1670 Emerald of Chivor, Noodler's Kung Te-Cheng, Diamine Ancient Copper, Diamine Pumpkin, Noodler's Black.

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

4 x Noodler's Black. Just like a little black dress*, it goes with anything

3 x Diamine Majestic Blue

3 x Diamine Sapphire Blue. These last two will give me 12 x bottles Faux Penman Sapphire #9 because the blend is half water.

And, because it's not a bottle, 1 x tiny sachet of Thistle Blue Black ink powder to give me 1 quart of fine dippin' ink.

*except with 3 days growth of beard and sneakers.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Can it be any size bottle? I.e., can I count the several bottles of vintage Quink Violet and vintage Skrip Peacock as "one" bottle? Because I decanted them into smaller bottles for purposes of easy access....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Yep as long as the bottle size is a real volume. None of this 55 gallon drum sized make believe stuff!

I'll gladly take 3x Sailor Yama-Dori, Herbin 1670's Rouge Hematite, Diamine Apple Glory, Sailor P&M Cigar, MB Pink, MB Blue Hour Twilight Blue, Diamine Bilberry, and Diamine Autumn Oak!

fpn_1434432647__fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

Check out my blog at Inks and Pens

10 bottles? I dont have 10 bottles, more like 4 and a few ancient dregs. I do not feel compelled to get more since they work and will be ages until I use them up. I dont want to get too complicated.

Yama Budo

Yama dori

Diamine Bilberry

Noodler's Habanero

PR DC Electric Blue

Diamine Sherwood Green

Waterman Absolute Brown

Pelikan Edelstein Amber

Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses, formula 2

Edited by FountainPenCowgirl

I am going to stick with Diamine here, partly because of their larger than average bottles.

Ancient Copper

Asa Blue

Classic Red

Damson

Misty Blue

Twilight

4 x Eau de Nil

Okay -- here are mine (in no particular order)

1) vintage Skrip Peacock

2) Noodler's Park Red

3) Noodler's Kung Te Cheng

4) Iroshihzuku Yama-guri

5) Noodler's 54th MA

6) Diamine Emerald

7) De Atramentis Red Roses (scented)

8) Akkerman #10

9) KWZI IG Violet #3

10) J Herbin Eclat de Saphir

Oh this hurts. Badly. Oh, the humanity.... :crybaby: I would lose Noodler's Liberty's Elysium, Manhattan Blue, Navajo Turquoise, Heart of Darkness, El Lawrence,and Shah's Rose; Diamine Denim, Terra Cotta, and Tyrian Purple; KWZI IG Blue-Black, and IG Mandarin; FPN member Pharmacist's Turkish Night;, De Atramentis Apple Blossom; Sheaffer Purple (the first ink that worked well in my Snorkel with the EF nib...); J Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite (original formula) and 1670 Stormy Grey; Pelikan 4001 Brillian Black; vintage Quink Violet.....

I hate threads like this....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edited for formatting

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sailor Nano Kiwa-guro

Sailor Jentle Black

Pilot Iroshizuku Take-sumi

Bungbox Armor Black

Bungbox Music Black

Bungbox Piano Mahogany

Bungbox Seiya Silent Night

Nagasawa Kobe #22 Shinkaichi Gold

Maruzen Athena Sepia

Diamond Wagner

I thought about this all morning. :P

Ink, a drug.