What Was Your Last Impulsive Pen Acquisition?

lgbpinho

My last impulsive acquisition: While on vacations I've bought a used tri-tone Montblanc 149 medium nib (1995) and asked the seller to keep it and send it when I get back home, in january. 

131389696_820543001825010_5334760217023608992_n.jpg.4bdba4f640bec5be695872afb22b1db6.jpg

So I've bought it but didn't got it.

That's my first montblanc but not my first gold nib, I have some japanese pens with gold nibs.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• A Smug Dill

• Misfit

• essayfaire

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This Visconti Kaleido Voyager Yellow Dawn, with box and maintanance instruction. It's probably the most delectable pen in my collection now, with its juicy 18k medium nib. I am quite thrilled by it :)

original_5bcb93f8-c2ce-46a2-aa00-db26378eaaaf_20201217_200852.jpg

20201217_201414.jpg

<p>Hors d'oeuvres must be obeyed at all times.</p>

Just now, Darcy1978 said:

This Visconti Kaleido Voyager Yellow Dawn, with box and maintanance instruction. It's probably the most delectable pen in my collection now, with its juicy 18k medium nib. I am quite thrilled by it :)

Beautiful Italian pen! Congratulations :) 

I recently saw a new, probably Chinese made, flex nib pen demonstrated on a Facebook advert, and thought, 'Why not at that price'.  It is on the way.

Impulse pen in action, with Kobe Nagasawa #27, "Kounan"...

spacer.png

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

The other night, I impulse ordered:

Esterbrook J (copper)

Esterbrook Deluxe SM

Both from Midnight Pens on Etsy. The impulse is because I already have another order from him that's in the mail. And also, this is apparently not the version of the Estie Deluxe that he refuses to restore because fragility, and I thought it was. LOL. No worries - both pens will be great additions to my collection.

The Deluxe is one of my favorite designs. I found one with the original unused sac and decided to keep it that way in the original box since I have another that can be used. 

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

8 minutes ago, Estycollector said:

The Deluxe is one of my favorite designs. I found one with the original unused sac and decided to keep it that way in the original box since I have another that can be used. 

Good to know. When he listed this one with his usual steps of restoration, I thought I had found a rare item - and sent him a note when checking out. He messaged back and clarified. 

He sells the other Deluxe ones as NOS - and they can be found on ebay also. But when I asked, he said he wouldn't do any work on them until after the pen was purchased and then no guarantees. Apparently, they're too easy to break. 

This Deluxe SM should go nicely alongside my M2 FP/Pencil set that I bought from a couple of months back. 

If it were a NOS Parker 21, I would ink it right up and use it. I have done do.  But lever fillers make me nervous when un-fixed after my "new" Parkette snapped the first time I inked it a month or two ago. (Danny Fudge fixed it up, though)

10 minutes ago, NumberSix said:

Good to know. When he listed this one with his usual steps of restoration, I thought I had found a rare item - and sent him a note when checking out. He messaged back and clarified. 

He sells the other Deluxe ones as NOS - and they can be found on ebay also. But when I asked, he said he wouldn't do any work on them until after the pen was purchased and then no guarantees. Apparently, they're too easy to break. 

This Deluxe SM should go nicely alongside my M2 FP/Pencil set that I bought from a couple of months back. 

If it were a NOS Parker 21, I would ink it right up and use it. I have done do.  But lever fillers make me nervous when un-fixed after my "new" Parkette snapped the first time I inked it a month or two ago. (Danny Fudge fixed it up, though)

Mine is the 1949-55 SM Deluxe. I found the two I did re-sac to be very sturdy. I gave one to my eldest grand daughter's male friend at the time. Now, like him, it is gone forever...LOL!!

6 minutes ago, Carguy said:

Someone remind me what a Deluxe Esterbrook is please....

The one I ordered looks like this one, except in Burgundy. 

178495111_1950s-esterbrook-deluxe-sm-pen

6 minutes ago, NumberSix said:

Such delightful 1950s colors. My M2 pen and pencil are that seafoam green color. 

I recently bought a brick rancher built in 1958 with two tile bathrooms, one blue and one green that match these pens...LOL!!

2 minutes ago, Carguy said:

I’d like one of those in Willow Green. I love the pastel colors but they are usually too small for my hand.

I thought Esties were too small when I first tried them. 

Now I like it. 

Isn't there an Esterbrook forum?

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

1 hour ago, ParramattaPaul said:

I recently saw a new, probably Chinese made, flex nib pen demonstrated on a Facebook advert, and thought, 'Why not at that price'.  It is on the way.

Would love some more info on this please! :)

31 minutes ago, JonSzanto said:

Isn't there an Esterbrook forum?

Of course. But I thought it was nice to have a little conversation in this thread, about an impulse pen. Threads like this one are so often just a list, and where's the fun in that? 😄