What Was Your Last Impulsive Pen Acquisition?

lgbpinho

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• A Smug Dill

• Misfit

• essayfaire

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Karmachanic said:

Pelikan 805 Black/Silver, because last chance.

Is it about to self-destruct?

1 minute ago, mizgeorge said:

Is it about to self-destruct?

No, but Pelikan Fine Writing appears to have already done so.

Add lightness and simplicate.

20 minutes ago, Karmachanic said:

No, but Pelikan Fine Writing appears to have already done so.

i was wondering about that.  The Pelikan website appears to only deal with lower-end pens now.  Only an archived Pelikan website exists dealing with Souverans and the like.  Might be time to get one.

46 minutes ago, sappie66 said:

i was wondering about that.  The Pelikan website appears to only deal with lower-end pens now.  Only an archived Pelikan website exists dealing with Souverans and the like.  Might be time to get one.

Shhhhh!

I beg you!

I am currently looking for one on the Bay of Evil - once word gets out that the Pelikan ‘Fine writing’ division is now “pining for the fjords”/“resting on its perch” the prices will only increase!

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

41 minutes ago, Mercian said:

Shhhhh!

I beg you!

I am currently looking for one on the Bay of Evil - once word gets out that the Pelikan ‘Fine writing’ division is now “pining for the fjords”/“resting on its perch” the prices will only increase!

If we're discussing this they already have ;)

Reminds me of the joke we used to tell about the three economists walking and see a $20 bill on the sidewalk.  Baffled student asks why none of them picked it up.  Economists reply that if it were really a $20 bill it wouldn't be there anymore as someone already would have grabbed it!

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

18 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

May I suggest a NewtonPens.com Double Ender?

spacer.png

👀😃 This exists!!!! Yes, you may!!

Can't find it listed on their website however, so it must be custom.  How do they fill?  Does one cap post on the end that is functioning as the barrel?  

You are such an enabler.  I thought I was on the hunt for a vintage Conway Stewart and now you throw this into the mix.

Festina lente

4 minutes ago, essayfaire said:

Can't find it listed on their website

Wait, I found it now: Double-Ended Eastman Palindrome.  Looks like the company has a three year wait list. 

Festina lente

58 minutes ago, Mercian said:

I am currently looking for one on the Bay of Evil

Try AMZ Global

Add lightness and simplicate.

52 minutes ago, essayfaire said:

Can't find it listed on their website however, so it must be custom.  How do they fill?  Does one cap post on the end that is functioning as the barrel?  

You are such an enabler.  I thought I was on the hunt for a vintage Conway Stewart and now you throw this into the mix.

It's dual eyedroppers. And sometimes he has them already made, shoot him an email.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

1 hour ago, Mercian said:

Shhhhh!

I beg you!

Well, if they've still got low-end pens on their website, there is still hope that the daisies aren't "growing like mad"....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

3 hours ago, essayfaire said:

If Shawn does not have it - I found an inexpensive one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124998716802?hash=item1d1a810d82:g:ovEAAOSwYGlhjW2J

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

2 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

If Shawn does not have it - I found an inexpensive one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124998716802?hash=item1d1a810d82:g:ovEAAOSwYGlhjW2J

Thanks! Just saw the same one(I think) new, on JetPens.  Trying to figure out if it posts. Have you used one of these?

Festina lente

I just received the Pininfarina Novanta in black with a fine nib. A very unique design, quite heavy, but well-balanced and it writes beautifully.

F5B01969-A4CD-4662-8B4D-325B4819F3E8.jpeg

CA37D77D-61B6-4DD0-AC3B-25ACE98AFF4C.jpeg

12 hours ago, Liz Flanagan said:

I just received the Pininfarina Novanta in black with a fine nib. A very unique design, quite heavy, but well-balanced and it writes beautifully.

Shapely pen!  Its form reminds me a bit of a string instrument, (without the F holes of course; that would be messy!) ;) 

Festina lente

23 hours ago, essayfaire said:

Thanks! Just saw the same one(I think) new, on JetPens.  Trying to figure out if it posts. Have you used one of these?

PXL_20220203_000518315.MP.jpg

23 hours ago, Liz Flanagan said:

11 hours ago, essayfaire said:

Shapely pen!  Its form reminds me a bit of a string instrument, (without the F holes of course; that would be messy!) ;) 

OH my that's fun! I like the pen.

I certainly wasn't expecting to buy or even looking for a fountain pen when I dropped into Dymocks today, but I ended up picking up for ‘half price’ the Platinum #3776 Celluloid ‘Midnight Ocean’ with a (gasp!) Medium nib that the shop just hasn't been able to get rid of after offering (only) 30% off since the first half of last year.

(In the meantime, I actually bought a Platinum #3776 Century ‘Calico’ with an F nib, but not the one Dymocks had on display most of last year in the discounted pens cabinet, for about the same price shipped as what I paid today, when an European retailer offered it at a significant discount on clearance and I was able to stack a discount code on top of that.)

So now I have Platinum #3776 14K gold UEF, EF, F, SF, M, B, SM, and MS nibs in my fleet. That's every nib type and width grade available for the #3776 line except Coarse.

Edited by A Smug Dill
Added the B nib to the list

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

18 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

14K gold UEF, EF, F, SF, M, SM, and MS nibs in my fleet. That's every nib type and width grade available for the #3776 line except Coarse

What about the B? :o

Will work for pens... :unsure: