What Was Your Last Impulsive Pen Acquisition?

lgbpinho

3 hours ago, Bikerchick said:

I'm so glad you enjoyed that. I'm currently working on Part III but it's a slooooow process. 
Where would you go on your next adventure? 

Haha, I noticed. But I haven't written for my blog in years, despite many trips and thousands and thousands of photos, so... you're well ahead of me.
As for destinations, without being too cryptic, um, I can't leave Poland. (Visa and pandemic and the dog.) Where in Poland is a good question.  Probably return to the east, the Velo Green path there, but other areas that I (we) missed a coupla years ago. Any trip will include Łapa (dog). I appreciate how you fed so many dogs (and cats) on your trip. I do carry food for Łapa, and I have shared it with other dogs, just to be friendly; as I recall, if those dogs were strays, they at least weren't starving.

I threw some treats to wroni (crows, raven, kruks, not sure which -- the ones that are mostly black but have gray wings) when walking with Łapa on the wał (embankment) alongside the Odra river. Suddenly, I was in a scene from Hitchcock's The Birds, running away (and feeling foolish, but those greedy birds were dive-bombing my head for more treats. I don't negotiate with terrorists!). I pulled my hood on (this was during our Indian Winter) and had to helicopter Łapa's leash over my head to keep them from pecking my head. For about 800 meters. So, yeah, don't feed the birds. Hahaha.

3 hours ago, Bikerchick said:

Go on then, tell us what pens they are, the three or four that stole your heart. ;) 

Actually, there are two: Nakaya Piccolo Cigar, kuro-tamenuri, EF and the PO nib from a Pilot 912 which I paired with a Moonman C2 maybe a year-and-a-half ago. If I could get that PO nib into the Piccolo, that would be the "grail" fulfilled.
The other two pens are Pilots (cos I LOVE Pilot nibs): P92 (EF) and P91 (F).

The Nakaya Chinkin colors on black (something like that) caught my eye a few years ago -- and every once in a while, I entertain the thought of ordering one. BUT! But I have beautiful pens that I'm not using, such as, a Danitrio Komori fitted with a Pilot Falcon SEF nib (another favorite nib!). But (again but!) if I could order the Chinkin Piccolo (or Naka-ai) with a Pilot PO nib, I'd have impulsively bought it long ago.

So, while I might de-ink the P91 and P92 in a pique of lightening up, the Moonman (or whatever pen houses the Pilot PO nib) and the Piccolo are constants. 

I have owned hundreds of pens over the years, the many years, and I've been lucky in getting to try others' pens (particularly at Pen Posse and pen shows), and I'm well aware of my "oh, but it's so beautiful!" (collecting dust in a case in a case in a cabinet) (so, actually not getting dusty at all) tendency, and since (chorus) I'm not a collector,  it doesn't make sense for me to buy more pens.

(I'm still waffling about the Nakaya Chinkin, though.)

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• A Smug Dill

• Misfit

• essayfaire

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Detman101 said:

Won a $25 gift card...promptly logged into my "Yoseka Stationery" account and purchased a bottle of "Sailor Ink Studio - #162"
:D :D :D

I really need to check that place out the next time I'm in NYC.  I looked at one point and think I can get there from midtown Manhattan on the subway, and then it's just a few blocks walk.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

A Pelikan Green-black M1000 and coming within the next couple of days.   I really need to close my eyes or just avoid looking at pen!   I miss the classifieds on here.

A Montblanc 214 from 1955-1964 (a difficult period to classify, I called it vintage). It's quite a decent button-filler, but I have had to work on the nib repeatedly to get it into good writing condition -- aligning tines and smoothing. I think one tine was slightly longer than the other, without it being oblique. It's pretty close to where I want it now. 

I'm quite sure I overpaid for it, but that's one of the benefits of having more money than sense. However, I am now on a strict pen diet, saving up for the SF pen show at the end of August.

After texting my brother, which stopped me from buying a Pineider Metropolis…

Getting ahead. Today I checked emails, and saw one from Cult Pens. After checking some of the products on sale, I looked for a pen the same brother bought at The Pen Place when he came to visit. 

I found it, it was a really good price, plus 10% off.  So without starting the day expecting to buy a pen, I bought a Waterman Expert in dark red. This pen is a really attractive pen.

All because I didn’t spend money on the Pineider I saw in a catalog yesterday. 

Posted Image

Okay, I lost it a bit.

Currently scheduled for delivery tomorrow, Thursday, is a black Faber-Castell E-Motion with an EF nib, a turquoise LAMY Safari, some ink and some F-C cartridges.

I am tapering off my purchasing to get ready for the Commonwealth Pen Show in September in Boston.

At least I think I am :-))

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

A Chatterley Montegrappa Extra Grande. It’s impulsive because I had no intention of ordering/buying any more pens for a couple of months. Then I saw this new collection and my self control just went pffff up in flames. 

Rumor has it that Pelikan is in trouble

My Pelikans are too fat!

Feeling the touch of a slender bird was on my bucket list.

Decided to get me one of them  slender-line  birds before they go under  or I go under.   LOL

All Dandy and Fine you say?

Nah, that bird  was byond  Fine,  it was  Extra Fine   :) 

I'm strongly considering ordering another Pelikan...the M805 Stresemann has been on my "considering" list for awhile now. It might be time to snap one up before they get hard to find. I wish Pelikan the best, but I must consider planning for their demise if I want to minimize my regrets, LOL.

1 minute ago, sirgilbert357 said:

I'm strongly considering ordering another Pelikan...the M805 Stresemann has been on my "considering" list for awhile now. It might be time to snap one up before they get hard to find. I wish Pelikan the best, but I must consider planning for their demise if I want to minimize my regrets, LOL.

Yes!.   

If you have not tried the  Pelikan  m800/805   Extra Fine before,   they are  awesome!!

I am finally happy with a Pelikan pen for a change.

9 minutes ago, samasry said:

Yes!.   

If you have not tried the  Pelikan  m800/805   Extra Fine before,   they are  awesome!!

I am finally happy with a Pelikan pen for a change.

Well, I'll have to continue missing out, LOL. I would order it with a B, BB, or an IB if I could find it (I think IB is only available as a standalone nib unit these days).

I have four Pelikan M80X's currently, so I really don't need another one, but I just love that Stresemann look...

12 minutes ago, sirgilbert357 said:

Well, I'll have to continue missing out, LOL. I would order it with a B, BB, or an IB if I could find it (I think IB is only available as a standalone nib unit these days).

I have four Pelikan M80X's currently, so I really don't need another one, but I just love that Stresemann look...

Absolutely 

My 2 previous  F-nib  Pelikans were  in fact B and BB, so I was covered  :) 

On 7/14/2021 at 2:22 AM, ethernautrix said:

I threw some treats to wroni (crows, raven, kruks, not sure which -- the ones that are mostly black but have gray wings) when walking with Łapa on the wał (embankment) alongside the Odra river. Suddenly, I was in a scene from Hitchcock's The Birds, running away (and feeling foolish, but those greedy birds were dive-bombing my head for more treats. I don't negotiate with terrorists!). I pulled my hood on (this was during our Indian Winter) and had to helicopter Łapa's leash over my head to keep them from pecking my head. For about 800 meters. So, yeah, don't feed the birds. Hahaha.

Hahahahaha. The same thing happened to me in Montreal once, but it wasn't just birds, there were are about 50 squirrels involved too, three of which climbed my legs to try and snatch a granola bar from my hand and then chased me to all the way to the edge of the park even after I had dropped all the snacks I had with me in the grass. 
I'm sure there's a video of me somewhere on the internet that is labelled "dumb tourist tries to feed the critters in Parc La Fontaine"

On 7/14/2021 at 2:22 AM, ethernautrix said:

Nakaya Piccolo Cigar, kuro-tamenuri, EF and the PO nib from a Pilot 912 which I paired with a Moonman C2 maybe a year-and-a-half ago. If I could get that PO nib into the Piccolo, that would be the "grail" fulfilled.
The other two pens are Pilots (cos I LOVE Pilot nibs): P92 (EF) and P91 (F).

You have exquisite taste. Very nice. 

On 7/15/2021 at 2:40 AM, samasry said:

Rumor has it that Pelikan is in trouble

Wuuuuuuuuut? Oh no! Where did you hear/read that? 
PS: the convo you had with your wife about the bike ride cracked me up! 

What is this money pit obsession hole I have fallen into? 

My other passion

1 hour ago, Bikerchick said:

Hahahahaha. The same thing happened to me in Montreal once, but it wasn't just birds, there were are about 50 squirrels involved too, three of which climbed my legs to try and snatch a granola bar from my hand and then chased me to all the way to the edge of the park even after I had dropped all the snacks I had with me in the grass. 
I'm sure there's a video of me somewhere on the internet that is labelled "dumb tourist tries to feed the critters in Parc La Fontaine"

You have exquisite taste. Very nice. 

There's a thread about Pelikan's financial problems in the Pelikan forum.

endlesspen has a great discount on an Aurora Optima Viola.. so I had to click buy.. it was calling to me.

On 7/15/2021 at 5:59 PM, samasry said:

My 2 previous  F-nib  Pelikans were  in fact B and BB,

I know the feeling.  My M1005 F wrote like a B.  Had it ground to a 0.5 CI.

Add lightness and simplicate.

The blog The Pelikan’s Perch has the information about Pelikan’s troubles. 

Posted Image

12 hours ago, Bikerchick said:

There is a thread dedicated to  Pelikan recent troubles.

And speaking of  Bikerchick's  cycling abilities.  One thing only you could do to sort out this entire Pelikan issue, is to  get on your bike,  and in few short  Kilometers  you are there at the site of the strike. I am sure that once they see you, they will  get back to work, out of sheer respect and appreciation  :) 

I have told my daughter as well about your story,  she got inspired,; not 150km biking  inspired, but couple of Kilometers biking  inspired :) Take care 

So by all rights I should say a Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age.  I got it off eBay for what feels like a steal and when it came a month ago I was really amazed.  Still am.  But, here's the thing...the same site happened to also be selling a Homo Sapiens Lava Color Red.  And well, I bid on it and won.  So I went from specifically not buying any pens this year to justify soon getting a Pelikan 805 (with an eye to afterwards maybe a Homo Sapiens), to skipping the Pelikan and getting TWO HS.  No regrets. They both have their own place on my inked-tray and I am finding every excuse to write with them! 

"We can become expert in an erroneous view" --Tenzin Wangyal Rinoche