What Was Your Last Impulsive Pen Acquisition?

lgbpinho

7 hours ago, Misfit said:

I’m trying hard not to impulsively purchase the Europe only Kaweco milk chocolate pen, and the TWSBI Diamond 580 RBT. 

"Do or no do. No try!" -- Yoda.

"TRY - totally resisting yourself" - Anonymous

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• A Smug Dill

• Misfit

• essayfaire

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gloucesterman said:

I'm pretty sure the Yoda quote is, "Do or do not. There is no try."

Your version sounds more like Mr Miyagi.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

2 hours ago, Gloucesterman said:

"TRY - totally resisting yourself" - Anonymous

Yoda! I failed. I found a good price on a UK site for the TWSBI Diamond 580 RBT with 1.1mm stub nib. That and a bottle of Pelikan Blue Black ink, and with a 10% discount code makes it sound like the Force was with me. The impulsive force was with me too. 

Posted Image

41 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

Yoda needs to tell me to Stop Buying Pens. That I’ll be banned from FPN if I don’t stop. 

Posted Image

2 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

You may be correct AND the message is communicated.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

I'd told myself 50 pens was already too much... Or at the very least to get a vintage flex... But then...

spacer.png

Like a deer facing bright lights, I could only click on buy. I think it might be the "frosty brown" finish. It's a bit lighter than that but my phone has a hard time capturing the colour.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

50 pen limit?  Hah!  When I started I was thinking "25 pen limit and nothing costing more than $50...."

Amazing how things change in a decade.... :blush:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Yesterday I purchased a very unusual Waterman "Blue Streak" pen that a friend of mine had listed for sale (on consignment for a friend). I loved the look of it and knew the nib would be lovely. Now just a bit of a wait. The pen is the one with the stripes, these are a couple of photos from the listing:

IMG_4842.jpeg

IMG_4845.jpeg

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

9 hours ago, senzen said:

I'd told myself 50 pens was already too much... Or at the very least to get a vintage flex... But then...

spacer.png

Like a deer facing bright lights, I could only click on buy. I think it might be the "frosty brown" finish. It's a bit lighter than that but my phone has a hard time capturing the colour.

It's very pretty.  What is it?

Two Japanese pocket pens with 18k nibs. I bid on one of them last week and then in the last hour added a bid for another pen from the same seller because I was expecting to lose the first to  a sniper and really wanted to win something.  Won both. :blush:

Will work for pens... :unsure:

18 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

50 pen limit?  Hah!  When I started I was thinking "25 pen limit and nothing costing more than $50...."

Amazing how things change in a decade.... :blush:

:lticaptd:

1 hour ago, mallymal1 said:

:lticaptd:

@inkstainedruth,  perhaps there were missing digits in the statement 😃

"At most X25 pens costing each less than Y50" would perhaps still fit...

Or you could count as 25, 25bis, 25''', etc. 

Hehe, the things we do to justify we're in control. 

5 hours ago, The_Beginner said:

Just got a visconti bronze age ^^ cant wait to use it

Congratulations! My HS Bronze Age is my favorite fountain pen. It’s there in my avatar. 

Posted Image

10 hours ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

@inkstainedruth,  perhaps there were missing digits in the statement 😃

"At most X25 pens costing each less than Y50" would perhaps still fit...

Or you could count as 25, 25bis, 25''', etc. 

Hehe, the things we do to justify we're in control. 

:lol:

Of course if you were to ask my husband, he'd say that the pens are just the gateway to the REAL collection -- the inks....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Too many pens… But, that restored 1938 Balance with a Feathertouch nib was going cheap! My wife rolls her eyes, I rub my hands together with glee. I am developing a bit of a Sheaffer fetish.

Three Platinum Preppy Wa pens (in green, blue, and purple).

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

A vintage Townsend yellow flat-top probably from the 30's, into which I have safely deposited the lovely nib and feed from my previous impulse purchase, a no-name yellow flat-top whose cap fell to pieces when I cleaned it (the ink was holding it together). 

A vintage allegedly Italian pen whose clip says "Karey Pen" but which the seller called "Palladiana" and about which I know nothing, I only bought it to house one of my other spare 14K nibs.