What Was Your Last Impulsive Pen Acquisition?

lgbpinho

2 minutes ago, AmandaW said:

I hope they brought their own groceries with them. The empty shelves at the supermarkets are still real, as are the price hikes and the purchase restrictions distressing. I've had it with trying to manage with the two packs of frozen veges we're allowed to buy (if there are any, of course). Oh, yeah there are fresh ones, but who does the extra work to prepare them? And who has fridge space to store those?  Eggs? Forget about it.

The new arrivals are not exactly welcome.

Tab has been quiet since getting to Perth.   I suspect they are living on fast food at the moment as they get settled in and getting moved into Defence Forces Housing.  Her little ones are all pre-school and early primary school age, so getting that sorted will keep her busy.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• A Smug Dill

• Misfit

• essayfaire

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, if winning an auction can be considered impulsive...
spacer.png

spacer.png

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

2 hours ago, JonSzanto said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Very nice!

8 hours ago, AmandaW said:

We have had plenty of difficulties with shortages and restrictions (and still do now... what toilet paper?)

Once toilet paper was back on the shelves here, my Dad bought quite a few of the Charmin Super Mega rolls, and stored them in the basement. I intend not to use it all, so there will be toilet paper in case this happens again. That means I’ll have to buy toilet paper while there are rolls in the house. I think it’s what he would have expected me to do. It’s how I can honor his memory. 

Not easy for you now, I know. Circumstances are somewhat different as well I live in a suburb of Kansas City, MO, the largest city in Missouri (depends on how it’s measured vs St. Louis). It took longer for Lysol disinfectant to show up vs any toilet paper. 

Posted Image

It would be smarter, and cheaper, if people learned other ways of um cleaning themselves.  In many places in the world toilet paper is not a thing, and thinking of the trees perhaps rightly so.

4 hours ago, Aether said:

It would be smarter, and cheaper, if people learned other ways of um cleaning themselves.  In many places in the world toilet paper is not a thing, and thinking of the trees perhaps rightly so.

I took the opportunity to install a bidet. Well worth it.

On 3/28/2022 at 6:39 PM, amberleadavis said:

We had a military macaw and then a blue and gold.  BIG BIRDS. They were NOT sweet.

We are enablers.

And here is an example of enabling in action.

I grew up with bigger birds, mostly Amazons and Cockatoos. While I love them, I find the smaller parrots more endearing. The feral blue and gold and chestnut fronted macaws in the neighborhood that I grew up in were amazing to watch. 

Top 5 of 23 currently inked pens:

Namiki Origami Tradition maki-e Penguin F, Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku

Sailor X Sakazaki Penguin Pro Gear Slim MF, Sailor Manyo Konagi

Grey Parker 45 GT, Octanium F nib, Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black

Platinum Hibiscus SF short-long, Platinum Green

Indigo Bronze TWSBI Eco 1.1 Stub, De Atramentis Columbia Blue-Copper 

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

My latest AliExpress haul just got here, impulsively ordered about a month ago. The discovery of inexpensive fountain pens may not prove to be so inexpensive after all. I feel like I’m going about this hobby all backwards, having started with more expensive, well known pens as a teen and getting into the kawaii aspect as a middle aged woman. The packaging on these is top notch, look how cute the little reaper is!

9484E803-2ECB-47D5-91B2-9D2D3EEC0580.jpeg

24DA7266-8448-4A12-9176-0097699AF9F2.jpeg

Top 5 of 23 currently inked pens:

Namiki Origami Tradition maki-e Penguin F, Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku

Sailor X Sakazaki Penguin Pro Gear Slim MF, Sailor Manyo Konagi

Grey Parker 45 GT, Octanium F nib, Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black

Platinum Hibiscus SF short-long, Platinum Green

Indigo Bronze TWSBI Eco 1.1 Stub, De Atramentis Columbia Blue-Copper 

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

I got a Platinum Carbon Pen from Penshop Nijmegen. I wanted for a while to try this type of pen for sketching, and... I guess it had to be today that I start this exploration 🧑‍🔬

I impulsively bought two of Monteverde’s Mountains of the World pens, both with 1.1mm stub nibs. I got Vesuvio and Denali. I already have Kilimanjaro.  I wish I’d bought K2 back when it was available with Kilimanjaro and Mount Fuji. I found K2 on an India website but for $89. Pen Chalet has a great World Stationery Day Sale today with the Vesuvio pen in the high $30s. 

Posted Image

Here is my latest. Just arrived today from it's original buyer. Its Lamy safari red with black clip ( a full set of 4) pre-90's. I am becoming a serious lamy collector now.

IMG_1499.thumb.JPG.10528dfa5a099d702b1f289fe647285a.JPG

IMG_1497.thumb.JPG.279f6643c73c8524eadb81efeb60bd0f.JPGIMG_1500.thumb.JPG.a813986717658a8f6d6795ec8ce32e2f.JPGIMG_1496.thumb.JPG.6a0d26590db5e556b57e3d9a5ffc614d.JPGIMG_1492.thumb.JPG.24cdfeea52fc693cc1bbb373a46d8bda.JPGIMG_1493.thumb.JPG.90fb87097a4e6bfe6921517e422bd73c.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1498.JPG

4 hours ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

I got a Platinum Carbon Pen from Penshop Nijmegen. I wanted for a while to try this type of pen for sketching, and... I guess it had to be today that I start this exploration 🧑‍🔬

Is that the decorated one with the little brush?  I tried one that was pretty and different, but gave it away as it didn't suit me. Mine was quite inexpensive.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

17 hours ago, JonSzanto said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

WOW!

I don't think I've ever seen one of these for sale -- not even at a pen show.  Very nice find!  (Well, you bid on it, that surely counts as "impulsive" B))

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

11 hours ago, Aether said:

Well, at least trees are a renewable resource....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

5 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

My latest AliExpress haul just got here, impulsively ordered about a month ago. The discovery of inexpensive fountain pens may not prove to be so inexpensive after all. I feel like I’m going about this hobby all backwards, having started with more expensive, well known pens as a teen and getting into the kawaii aspect as a middle aged woman. The packaging on these is top notch, look how cute the little reaper is!

9484E803-2ECB-47D5-91B2-9D2D3EEC0580.jpeg

24DA7266-8448-4A12-9176-0097699AF9F2.jpeg

The pelican one is adorable!

17 hours ago, Aether said:

And after you spray your keister with a jet of water, what do you dry yourself with??