What Was Your Last Impulsive Pen Acquisition?

lgbpinho

A Namiki Nippon Art Mt Fuji and Wave *completely* on impulse... I hope I like it... 

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• A Smug Dill

• Misfit

• essayfaire

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the moment I have five pens in the process of coming to me...

2 Conklin Deco Crest 1 was impulsive as I couldn't make up my mind between two colors

1 Salz Brothers orange flat top - yes, very impulsive

1 Asvine 169 not really impulsive

1 Santini Libra Cumberland w 18k flexy stub nib - long contemplated purchase

All of the above within the last 7 days...

At least I have something to look forward over the next few weeks.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

A Diplomat Excellence A2 in Oxyd Brass finish with steel EF nib, just now, because I see Cult Pens has newly added that pen model to its list of clearance items (for which an additional 15% discount applies to the clearance pricing, with the use of a promo code sent out in the newsletter last week).

(I blame @DvdRiet for waving hers around where I could see! There went all the resolve I had last July, when I could have bought it even more cheaply, from … our ‘favourite’ Dutch retailer who may have taken months to source and deliver the goods.)

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

20 hours ago, DvdRiet said:

A Namiki Nippon Art Mt Fuji and Wave *completely* on impulse... I hope I like it... 

Nice!  Here’s me hooting for a nice, detailed, pic heavy review of it :)

- P. 

4 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

A Diplomat Excellence A2 in Oxyd Brass finish with steel EF nib, just now, because I see Cult Pens has newly added that pen model to its list of clearance items (for which an additional 15% discount applies to the clearance pricing, with the use of a promo code sent out in the newsletter last week).

(I blame @DvdRiet for waving hers around where I could see! There went all the resolve I had last July, when I could have bought it even more cheaply, from … our ‘favourite’ Dutch retailer who may have taken months to source and deliver the goods.)

Sorry about that! But ahhh, I bet you’re gonna love it! 😁 And you won’t even have to wait months for it, heehee!!

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

3 hours ago, Arcadian said:

Nice!  Here’s me hooting for a nice, detailed, pic heavy review of it :)

- P. 

Will do my best! It looks soooooo nice in the photos I saw. Also cannot wait to try out that nib and see if it’s as good as they say!

On 2/28/2022 at 10:02 PM, DvdRiet said:

Congrats - you most certainly will!

It is a very nice, light but balanced, pen, with a premium quality Namiki #5 nib that writes very precise. I have the Origami Rabbit in F and love to write in smaller script on lower quality office paper with it. The designs are beautiful and "the great wave" is no exception. Enjoy!

I was looking at Montblanc 114's but somehow ended up buying a Pelikan 140.  

20 minutes ago, I-am-not-really-here said:

I was looking at Montblanc 114's but somehow ended up buying a Pelikan 140.  

Such a good choice!

1 hour ago, Linger said:

Congrats - you most certainly will!

It is a very nice, light but balanced, pen, with a premium quality Namiki #5 nib that writes very precise. I have the Origami Rabbit in F and love to write in smaller script on lower quality office paper with it. The designs are beautiful and "the great wave" is no exception. Enjoy!

Thanks! Waiting with bated breath for it to get here. That Origami Rabbit and the others are such fun designs. I think I could actually be tempted by one of the toys next, though!

PAD stuck again with an Opus 88 Halo.  Thank goodness the other ones they have don't post so I'm not drawn to them.

Opus 88 x Lennon Toolbar Halo Clear – Vanness

"Life is too short to use boring ink!" - JPMH

A 1940s Eversharp Skyline Demi pen and pencil set in black with a striped cap in what the seller calls green, but looks silvery grey in the pictures. It jumped out at me, screaming "Come and get me!" So I did. It will take some time to cross the Atlantic, though...

I have a Narwhal Hippocampus Purple original piston filler with Fine nib on the way. It should be arriving on Saturday. That purple is so pretty!

This is after getting an Edison Menlo in today’s mail (not an impulsive purchase).

in the last couple of weeks, I’ve sold five pens which means I’m still down 3 pens after these purchases. 😁

On 2/27/2022 at 2:27 PM, HauntedMyst said:

An Opus 88 Jazz Holiday got me,

image.thumb.jpeg.f6988f124546caba6e7662ed80336e15.jpeg

Ooo…I was just looking at that pen recently. As I don’t have any more money for pens right now, my acquisition of it will have to wait a while.

I'm currently restraining myself and the 'buy pen' impulse.  Admittedly, I have looked, but that is all.

On 2/24/2022 at 8:14 PM, Paul-in-SF said:

I was up in the middle of the night a few nights ago, unable to sleep and jonesing for a pen. So I bought a vintage Parker Duofold in that blue and cream sort-of arco design from, I think, the late 20's. I have no idea if I got a good deal or not, or even if the damn thing works, it was a very impulsive move, I paid the full BIN price, and they haven't even shipped it yet after 4 days. Well, the addiction wants what the addiction wants. I only plead that it happened under great stress, which is why I was up at that hour in the first place. These addictions do tend to strike us when we are at our weakest. 

The pen is finally coming tomorrow. The b-----d used UPS! We hates UPS. Look for a photo in the "I got this pen today" thread. 

I just won with a last half hour bid on a Lamy Studio Lx All Black with a fine gold nib. I was only there having a look and then thought for sure it would be sniped. Definitely  impulsive...

I'm not sure about the Gold nib, but I already have a Lx Ruthenium with the stock black nib so can swap and make the Black all black.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

13 minutes ago, AmandaW said:

I'm not sure about the Gold nib,

Is the 14K gold nib a Lamy Z55, Z56, or (black) Z57 nib?

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

30 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

Is the 14K gold nib a Lamy Z55, Z56, or (black) Z57 nib?

Not sure.  It's on the pen in the pictures.

s-l1600.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure: