What Was Your Last Impulsive Pen Acquisition?

lgbpinho

1 hour ago, maclink said:

Absolutely.  This is the only way that I managed.  See here:

https://flexiblenib.com/store/product-category/feed/  

'cept  that's for a #15 nib and the 912 uses a #10

https://flexiblenib.com/store/product/912en-pilot-912-fa-replacement-feed-2-slit-ink-slot-black-ebonite/

Add lightness and simplicate.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• A Smug Dill

• Misfit

• essayfaire

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, maclink said:

The feed you specifically showed is listed further down.

My bad!  Saw the 734 feeds and looked no further.

Add lightness and simplicate.

Oh you mean the next in the next 5'? A Leonardo Magico, since so many are singing dithyrambs about it.

1 hour ago, david-p said:

On Thursday I saw a Stephen Brown video on a pen called Gravitas Entry. It looks like a good price and is a really cool design So I pulled the trigger on a blue one.

David

Chrisrap did a video on that pen a while ago and wasn't pleased, but I think he just got a dud nib.  I'm about to pull the trigger on a Gravitas too, I just can't seem to decide which model, which color and what nib width. I'm usually quite conservative when it comes to pen design but that skull one looks badass. 

Which nib size did you go for?

What is this money pit obsession hole I have fallen into? 

My other passion

53 minutes ago, Bikerchick said:

Chrisrap did a video on that pen a while ago and wasn't pleased, but I think he just got a dud nib.  I'm about to pull the trigger on a Gravitas too, I just can't seem to decide which model, which color and what nib width. I'm usually quite conservative when it comes to pen design but that skull one looks badass. 

Which nib size did you go for?

Broad.  Stephen Brown was 100% positive. I have never seen him more enthusiastic about a modern pen.

Edited by david-p

I ordered a teal Entry with a stub nib earlier in the week (I think it's a few posts back). I'll be interested to see if it can get past my dislike of metal pens. Astonishingly good value IMO.

DAMN!

I don't need another pen.  I wasn't planning on buying another pen.  And now, having seen the Entry in black...

Temptation...

BUGGER!

2 hours ago, ParramattaPaul said:

DAMN!

I don't need another pen.  I wasn't planning on buying another pen.  And now, having seen the Entry in black...

Temptation...

BUGGER!

:lticaptd:

Saved from impulsive behavior by its being temporarily out of stock, the Gravitas Sentry (interesting how with normal pronunciation you almost wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two model names) in Teal, because I think the Entry is just a trifle too thin for my comfort. So between now and when it is back in stock I will have leisure to consider the purchase. 

10 hours ago, david-p said:

On Thursday I saw a Stephen Brown video on a pen called Gravitas Entry. It looks like a good price and is a really cool design So I pulled the trigger on a blue one.

I went looking on the site as well after watching but didn’t care much for the available colours. I am looking more at a Otto Hut. 

2 hours ago, stevekolt said:

Last impulsive pen acquisition? Alas for me, I don't think there IS a last...😉

I agree since the natural inclination here seems to be see pen -- buy pen.  Perhaps we need to substitute 'latest for 'last'.

5 hours ago, Paul-in-SF said:

I think the Entry is just a trifle too thin for my comfort.

I have very large hands and can manage fat pens, but I greatly prefer thin ones. For instance, my Parker 45 is very comfortable, as is my favourite Paper Mate slim ball point, which is 8mm diameter max. I have never had any problem with old fashioned wooden pencils, which I use a lot. The only reason that I can think of that might differentiate me from others is that, though my fingers are too thick for the violin, I play instruments of vastly different sizes without discomfort, from double bass to sopranino recorder. :)

David

Edited by david-p

A modern Conklin Nozac wordgauge in silver and black and white celluloid limited to 150 examples

51365774583_99ea64c932_b.jpg

51365774593_19c1165ec8_b.jpg

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

15 hours ago, ParramattaPaul said:

I agree since the natural inclination here seems to be see pen -- buy pen.  Perhaps we need to substitute 'latest for 'last'.

Or "most recent" for "last"....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Argh.

Yesterday morning I was pinged by the Covid exposure app, got a test yesterday afternoon, stress-shopped while waiting for the results.

The result of the stress shopping:

* an Edison Menlo in Sweet Honey with a 1.1 stub nib, which I've had in shopping carts all over the world for months and finally pulled the trigger on

* a Pelikan M120 Green/Black with a broad nib

I'm so ashamed........

51 minutes ago, brokenclay said:

Argh.

Yesterday morning I was pinged by the Covid exposure app, got a test yesterday afternoon, stress-shopped while waiting for the results.

The result of the stress shopping:

* an Edison Menlo in Sweet Honey with a 1.1 stub nib, which I've had in shopping carts all over the world for months and finally pulled the trigger on

* a Pelikan M120 Green/Black with a broad nib

I'm so ashamed........

Both lovely pens.

The Menlo is one Edison model I don't have (yet ;) ), but I have not yet met an Edison pen I don't like. There are a couple models that don't thrill me, but none I don't like, and the Sweet Honey material looks enticing. Add my usual high praise for the factory-tuned nibs, and the pleasure of dealing with the Edison Pen Company in general, and I would bet at least the price of your purchase that you will be happy with the pen.

The M120 is a lovely throwback creation, and mine gets occasional comments from neighbors who were students in the 50s and 60s and who remember them. It also has a great nib, much like the M200 steel nibs--smooth, crisp, and springy.