Some Recent And Some Not-So-Recent Arrivals

jmccarty3
Rate Topic 0

Celebrate with me the arrival of a Nakaya Decapod and a custom pen roll from Chan's Handmade:

http://i.imgur.com/8Mpyn2v.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gQqsr0K.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rdoo9Cc.jpg

Top: Platinum Izumo Tagayasan (Ironwood) Gloss

L-R: Platinum Izumo Suro-tamenuri (Green under Brown), Nakaya Decapod Cigar in Shiro-tamenuri (Cream under Brown), Andreas Lambrou's Classic Pens LB-5 (adapted from Sailor King of Pen) Tairuku (Amethyst) finish, Namiki Yukari Royale Vermilion

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmccarty3

• fly_us

• deacondavid

• amberleadavis

The Decapod looks nice. What does the section look like?

Looks just like the photo on John's web site:

http://i.imgur.com/ZM7nUfA.jpg

Is there a dislike button? You made me drooling to death now :D

I need to get my hand on one of this wrap, it is so beautiful and goes well with the pens.

Thanks! I'm blown away (and so is my bank account) with all these beautiful huge pens, and the wrap really is perfect. Look for Chan's Handmade on eBay. They communicate well and are eager to get you exactly what you want.

Beautiful pens and a lovely roll to match. My wife's eyes glazed when I told how much my Custom 823 should have been (I got it at a great price from someone here on FPN). I could only imagine the discussions that a similarly-loaded pen roll would spark!

Edited by deacondavid

Current Daily Carry: Pilot Custom 743 with 14k Posting nib (Sailor Kiwa-Guro), Sailor 1911L Realo Champagne with 21k Extra Fine nib (Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu). Platinum Century 3776 Bourgogne (Diamine Syrah), Nakaya Portable Writer Midori with 14k Extra Extra Fine nib (Lamy Peridot), Pilot Vanishing Point Stealth Black with Extra Fine nib unit (Pilot Blue Black), a dozen Nockco DotDash index cards of various sizes and a Traveler's Notebook.

Thanks! The 823 is a great pen, isn't it?

Thanks! The 823 is a great pen, isn't it?

It is indeed. It is currently my favorite pen, even if it is not the pen I use the most often. I wish that Pilot offered more nib options for the 823, but even with the F nib being the finest offering for the 823, it's an excellent writing pen.

Current Daily Carry: Pilot Custom 743 with 14k Posting nib (Sailor Kiwa-Guro), Sailor 1911L Realo Champagne with 21k Extra Fine nib (Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu). Platinum Century 3776 Bourgogne (Diamine Syrah), Nakaya Portable Writer Midori with 14k Extra Extra Fine nib (Lamy Peridot), Pilot Vanishing Point Stealth Black with Extra Fine nib unit (Pilot Blue Black), a dozen Nockco DotDash index cards of various sizes and a Traveler's Notebook.

Congrats!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar

Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

That gorgeous pen roll suits your new acquisitions. 'Scuse me while I dry my screen. ;) Congrats, I hope I get to see them on the 25th.

I will bring them, along with some interesting birds for the Pelikan Hub.

Got my second Nakaya today and it meets the first born son and.... They are brothers!

attachicon.gifDSC00999.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC01012.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC01017.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC01019.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC01025.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC01029.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC01032.jpg

Beautiful, and that music nib is spectacular. I saw one of these (either on the handwriting or the stub thread) that John had ground to a 30˚ L oblique. Amazing. I may just have to try that.

Remedial penmanship

Beautiful, and that music nib is spectacular. I saw one of these (either on the handwriting or the stub thread) that John had ground to a 30˚ L oblique. Amazing. I may just have to try that.

The oblique music nib is highly recommended.

post-119980-0-78158700-1442853615_thumb.jpg

post-119980-0-58860600-1442853627_thumb.jpg