2Nd Annual Colorado Pen Show, 10-11 Oct 2015, Denver

liverman

The Colorado Pen Show is just a month away!

WHEN: 10-11 Ocotber 2015

WHERE: DoubleTree Stapleton North Hotel, 4040 Quebec Street, Denver, Colorado, 80216

Pen Show room rates are available if you're coming from out of town.

Sponsors

Argent Blue

Ryan Krusac Studios

Promoting Partners

Anderson Pens

Pendemonium

Pen World

Exhibitors

Anderson Pens
Argent Blue
Brandon Lee
Dan and Cyndie Reppert
Franklin-Christoph
Handbound Designs (Jeff Becker)
Joel Hamilton & Sherrell Tyree
Luxury Brands USA
Michael Sull
Mike Masuyama (Mike It Work)
Oxfordianpens
Patterson Estate Collection
Pendemonium (Sam and Frank Fiorella)
Roland Ranch Pens
Ryan Krusac Studios
Susan Wirth
Tim Pierson
Vanness Pen Store

...and more coming ...

Seminars (see the website)

Friday, 10am-4pm, Vintage American Cursive Handwriting with Master Penman Michael Sull

Saturday, Think Ink with Sam Fiorella

Sunday, Creating a Leather Bound Journal using Any Paper with Jeff Becker

plus more workshops coming from Susan Wirth and Marie Hornback!!

New this year: Fountain Pens in Education. This is a program to introduce fountain pens to a whole new generation of young people. Pens donated by Anderson Pens will be used by Ridgeview Classical School students to create contest entries in the categories of Penmanship, Literature and Artwork. Thesde entries will be judged at the Show on Sunday afternoon.

The more I know about computers, the more I like my pens.

Colorado Pen Show

5-7 October 2018

Denver, Colorado

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OakIris

• DrDebG

• liverman

• Amberjack

Very much looking forward to this. Come one, come all - it was great fun last year and this year will be even better with more vendors, more pens and more people. :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Holly

Really excited for it!! I have some ink ... (and maybe pen) .... shopping to do! :P

Ridiculously addicted to my Lamy Safaris.

Yeah! I will be in Colorado at that time, and am planning to attend!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

• 2 weeks later...

Less than two weeks to go until the Colorado show!

Pendemonium has some new magic ink remover, Vaness has some way cool inks that I have only read about, Ryan Krusac has new pens with amazing art work, the Andersons are carrying Sailor pens including the bighonkin' King of Pen, Franklin Christoph has an amazing setup where they will assemble a pen right at the show, Tim Pierson looks like he has more stock than ever and Mike Masuyama will be son site working his nib magic. Luxury Brands is bringing their cases of inks. Show Sponsor, Colorado Pen Posse Member, winner of the 2015 Pen World Metal Mastery Award Rich Littlestone will be there showing of his knock 'em dead beautiful pens (wow!).

Of course, the Repperts will be there with all things Sheaffer, both Joel Hamilton and Sherrell Tyree will be there and so will Jack Shuttleworth (Oxfordian Pens). These are just a few of the folks with high quality vintage pens for sale. And Susan Wirth is back!

Joining this year is Joe Lowe who has a great stock of both modern and vintage pens (unless they sold out in the final hours of the Dallas Show :) ).

Fun will be had!

The more I know about computers, the more I like my pens.

Colorado Pen Show

5-7 October 2018

Denver, Colorado

Quick question: What is the entry fee to the show? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Quick question: What is the entry fee to the show? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

The price is listed on the site on the Registration page - the entry fee is $5.00 each day, very well worth the price, IMHO!

Hope to see lots and lots of folks there - can't wait! :wub:

Holly

Edited by OakIris

THANK YOU to all of the organizers of & exhibitors at this show!

I'd put the show on my calendar, but thought I'd have to miss it because of another commitment. Plans changed and I had time to make it there this afternoon.

I was very impressed by how well organized it was, how many vendors were there, how many attendees were there, the ink workshop, etc. I came home with two new pens (a Mabie Todd "Swan" ringtop for myself; a Monteverde for my husband). It was fun to see the attendees in action, to observe what types of pens and accessories were of interest to the participants, to see the craftsmanship behind the custom and hand-made pens, and to help convince a newbie (who I'd overheard as he was obviously falling in lust for his first FP) that he needed to buy it!

I was sorry to have missed it last year, but am glad I made it today. I hope the turnout is good tomorrow and that this will continue in future years.

Thank you, Denver Pen Possee and organizers and exhibitors! What a great show! This was my first show! I really enjoyed meeting so many of the owners of the pen companies I have dealt with or wanted to deal with.

My husband bought three pens, two of which were for me. We also purchased several bottles of ink to go with them.

Thanks for the fun time!

What a great time the show was, better than last year, but then how does one improve on near perfection.

The "draw-off" event by the two Master Penman was simply amazing. To have two of the 13 Master penman in the world at the same event and agree to a dual demonstration of their skills was simply amazing.

What these people can do in a short amount of time merits their title of MASTER Penman.

Tip of the hat to all who made this event possible.

al in colorado

I had a great time Sunday at the show. Further, I couldn't believe my luck--

For some time prior to the show, I had considered getting a blue and gold Pelikan M800. But I didn't want to shell out for a new one.

For some time prior to the show, I had hoped to have Mike Masuyama grind a nib for me. But I didn't have anything really suitable for him to work with.

Cut to Sunday--

I walked into the room where Mike was working at the show and on the other side of the room was Joe Lowe. Oh Joe's table was a nice, used blue and gold M800. I held my breath as I removed the cap to find a . . . BB!!!!!

You can guess what happened next.

I am now at work, using my Pelikan M800 with the cursive italic nib, thanks to Mike, Joe, and the organizers of the Colorado Pen Show.

Thanks so much!

Also wanted to mention how very cool Mike was--he let me watch over his shoulder.

It was great day.

Also picked up a nice PSF 15 from Joe, a Lady Patricia from Oxfordian Pens, and a Parker 51 from Dan Reppert. So much fun to talk to all these pen people--the chance to buy some pens felt like a bonus.

Wow - what a great show this year! The second annual Colorado Pen Show improved in every way over last year's already fun show. New vendors, Mike Masuyama, along with great returning vendors. Geoffrey and I found lots of really neat stuff: I was able to get three - yes three - of my (perhaps modest) grail pens, one from Joel Hamilton at Inkpen and two from Brian and Lisa at Anderson Pens. Lots of great people, a good venue, and Michael Sull demonstrating what a Master Penman can do (and how far I have to go before I'd even show my scrawl to anyone in comparison!). Basically, I can't wait until next year's show, and big thanks to all who helped organize this one, and to all of the vendors.

Will

-----------------

Will von Dauster

It was indeed a wonderful pen show, IMHO as a Colorado Pen Posse member. We did good! :P

Last year's show was quite a thrill for me, my first pen show ever, so I have little to compare it to, but I also think the 2015 show was even better. Almost all of the vendors that were at the show last year returned this year, plus we had many more join them, including a nibmeister - YAY! - and we nearly doubled our attendance, which is wonderful, especially considering that this was only our second year.

I had a wonderful time, was there all day both days, and felt quite bereft when I woke up Monday morning and had no pen show to look forward to for the day. A heartfelt thank you to Ed, our show organizer, and to all of the Colorado Pen Posse members who volunteered at the show and helped make it a success - and of course, kudos, hugs and thanks to all of the vendors that chose to attend - obviously, there would have been no show at all without them!

I hope everybody that attended had an equally wonderful time and that you and all of your friends and family will join us at next year's show - it will be Columbus Day weekend 2016 and at the same venue. (Only 11 months, 3 weeks and about a day and a half to go!)

Holly

• 2 weeks later...

Ill just add my 'ditto' to the comments left above. A great show with more than its share of temptations. I did indeed find a beautiful Black and Pearl Duofold set, and received a NOS bottle of Penman Ebony as a bonus.

I picked up a few Parker 45s from the nice folks at Oxfordian as well. I use these to introduce folks to FPs and my stock was low.

Looking forward to next year!

Jack