Parker Penman

northstar

Hello,

Sometimes back, a fellow FPNer asked me if I will fill any of my expensive pens with PPS because of all the reports he had read about clogging problems and may be damage that PPS could cause, my answer was that for me it's worth.

Wanted to know what you all think about it.

Best regards.

Edited by northstar

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• northstar

• sirgilbert357

• JonSzanto

• Cryptos

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I happily filled an English made Parker 61 (Aerometric with I presume original sac) because I imagined it would not be the "first" time it had seen Penman ink! I also filled a Bexley (converter) pen for another Penman color choice. Neither pen has clogged, nor "imploded" so I am more than likely to use up both bottles without worry. I don't consider either of these "expensive" pens & probably won't be using Penman in piston fillers just because they are harder to clean. (I surely paid a lot of $ to acquire these inks & if I had been worried about their safety I probably wouldn't have done so.)

Hello,

Currently my senator president is loaded with the penman sapphire, and the sheaffer 100 with the penman emerald.

Yes Gilbert, the parker penman series is discontinued, but because of the great qualities, they are so much in demand, that makes the prices of the few left bottles of the ink to be very high.

Best regards.

I have used PP Ruby for about 15 years in a P25, and a Duofold and never had any problem whatsoever.

Kind regards,

Hugo

Thou shalt not stir one foot to seek a foe.

Eadem Mutata Resurgo.

I used to use Penman Sapphire in my Raw Ebonite Densho. For some strange reason it would grow crystals on the nib and feed. I never did figure out exactly what was going on. The pen doesn't do this filled with Kon-Peki.

Hello,

Currently my senator president is loaded with the penman sapphire, and the sheaffer 100 with the penman emerald.

Yes Gilbert, the parker penman series is discontinued, but because of the great qualities, they are so much in demand, that makes the prices of the few left bottles of the ink to be very high.

Best regards.

I'll have to read up on these qualities...never heard of this before. Are there not any modern inks with the same attributes? Looking on eBay, this Penman stuff is INSANELY priced...

The penman was available in 5 colors, blue (sapphire) green (emerald) red (ruby) brown (mocha) and black, The sapphire is considered by many as the ultimate blue, and in general the penman series have great color saturation and shading and sheen.

Best regards.

The penman was available in 5 colors, blue (sapphire) green (emerald) red (ruby) brown (mocha) and black, The sapphire is considered by many as the ultimate blue, and in general the penman series have great color saturation and shading and sheen.

Best regards.

You're making me want to pick up some of the sapphire!!

To write with your favorite pen loaded with Penman Sapphire should be on every FP lover's bucket list. ;)

Now if all I ever needed was just a pick-up truck....

(Unfortunately I'm only pulling our legs)

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I've used Parker Penman Mocha in my Pelikan M200 and one of my Vacumatic "51" pens, and I've had absolutely no issues with clogging, cleaning, staining, etc. It flowed great from the first day until almost a year later in the "51" when I finally ran out and cleaned it out.

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

I keep a Waterman Carene inked at all times with PPS (it has a stub and is used for signatures and greeting cards), and on occasion fill other pens (with the dwindling supply...). Never an issue. A bottle sold at the SF Pen Show for $125.00, but that may just indicate a rabid fan, and not where the market actually is.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

I bought and used PP Emerald without any problems

Used it up and saved the bottle (a classic)

If only I could find it

A great ink but unfortunately history has passed them by

My kingdom for a even a single fill of Parker Penman Safire. I have been pretty unlucky in my quest to find some of this ink. I have found all manner of limited and discontinued inks in my hunts but never even a single cartridge of the PPS.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

Congratulations on your precioussss...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

My kingdom for a even a single fill of Parker Penman Safire. I have been pretty unlucky in my quest to find some of this ink. I have found all manner of limited and discontinued inks in my hunts but never even a single cartridge of the PPS.

There's a little bit of it on the USA eBay site. But bottles of it are stupidly expensive, and then shipping to your country would make it even more cost prohibitive...but carts...well:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-PARKER-SAPPHIRE-PENMAN-INK-CARTRIDGES-NEW-NOT-IN-BOX-LOOSE-/381373784967?hash=item58cba62387

Not sapphire, but:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PARKER-PENMAN-WRITING-INK-IN-BOTTLE-50ml-NEW-IN-BOX-EBONY-/131547927020?hash=item1ea0de11ec

I saw a bottle of the Sapphire just a day or two ago, but I guess its gone now...

As I am an unabashed newcomer to the hobby, I shall ask what is likely an obvious question: given its legendary status among their customer base, why hasn't Parker re-launched their Penman series?