Your Thoughts : New Edc Ink For Lamy 2K (M)

Armand.D

Hello folks,

I received one week ago my brand new Lamy 2K (F), and I didn't like the line-width (was too thin compared to my safari F which is very broad whatever the ink).I send it back and in one week I will receive a Medium.

I need your advices for a new ink.

I wrote for a year with Noodler's "Q'ternity" (Bernanke BBlk), which was a dark-blue with some green undertones but not too much.. it was between a denim and dark-teal color.

It was fast-drying and overall well-behaved, excepting some show-through but it was very reasonable.

I was tired of it and now I can't get it anymore at Purepens.uk (out of stock), so I am hesitating between some replacements.

Otherwise, I liked a lot the good flow/wet properties it had (it gave to me effortless writing and a good dry-time).

Here are some inks I have highlighted :

• Iroshizuku Shin-Kai

(In Iro's I've only tried TY : in the F, it was too dry and looked too light, I had to put a lot of pressure .. I prefer the color of SK and in the medium maybe it will be effortless)

• Sailor Yama-Dori (seems better than Iro's : I heard it was darker and more lubricated than TY, I have ordered a sample)

• Diamine Denim

(has a similar color to Noodler's, but I am afraid about too much bleed-through & feathering : I have tried Diamine's such as Green-black, Majestic blue and there were all unusable already in a F)

• Aurora Blue

(Solid work color, well behaved and lubricated from what I heard.. but there were also some people saying that it was dry ; I have to order a sample)

• Noodler's Prime of the Common

(Green-BBlk exclusive to purepens, like Zhivago but lighter. The color is not far from Q'ternity, it can be interesting if it behaves well as the Bulletproof line I think does)

So :

It will be my new EDC ink and I am an high-school student :

I write mostly on Clairefontaine 90gsm so feathering is not the main issue. I need first a reasonable to good dry-time (lefty), and not too much bleed-through/show-through.

Any other well-behaved ink should do the stuff.. so it would be very useful if you can suggest me other recommendations, or if can tell me your thoughts about inks that works particularly great with the Lamy 2K.

Note : If you can show writing-samples of the inks I mentioned with a medium Lamy 2K, it would be very nice.

So ? :)

Thank you.

Armand.D

Edited by Armand.D

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Armand.D

• dfo

• dcwaites

• pkoko

Top Posters In This Topic

Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black.

Daniel

The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without becoming disillusioned.

Gramsci

Pelikan 4001 ink. Lamy ink.

Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black.

Ok, the answer is quite clear :)

.. I guess your right (I saw other people saying the same thing about the ink too, so it really should be the lamy ink).

I ended up buying a bottle of Edelstein "Tanzanite", pretty much the same ink but coming with some extra wetness which I prefer.

Thank you !

Armand.D

My Lamy 2k with EF nib tends to make any ink in it look good. I'm more of a blue person than blue-black.

I would recommend Visconti Blue, followed by the Diamine Blends Asphire Blue or Faux Penman Sapphire #9. The last is particularly economical as it is half water, so your ink goes twice as far.

In fact, any of the Diamine Blues will look good from your pen.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

The Pelikan 4001 was too dry for my Lamy 2000 F. Waterman Blue same thing. I use nothing but Noodler's Black Eel in it now, and it works like a dream. Perfect combo! (Aurora Black was too dry in it, too).

My Lamy 2k with EF nib tends to make any ink in it look good. I'm more of a blue person than blue-black.

I would recommend Visconti Blue, followed by the Diamine Blends Asphire Blue or Faux Penman Sapphire #9. The last is particularly economical as it is half water, so your ink goes twice as far.

In fact, any of the Diamine Blues will look good from your pen.

Thank you for the suggestions, I have already heard of your PPS #9, it looks great indeed..

Thank you :)

(I will try Edelstein and then will see)

Armand.D

Edited by Armand.D

I use sousaikan seiran damn wet ink... If you can get one that is... Thankfully I was gifted one

I have to checkout this someday.. maybe for christmas if it is an expensive one.

Thank you.

The Pelikan 4001 was too dry for my Lamy 2000 F. Waterman Blue same thing. I use nothing but Noodler's Black Eel in it now, and it works like a dream. Perfect combo! (Aurora Black was too dry in it, too).

Thank you for the thoughts, so in fact I don't get any satisfaction from Edelstein Tanzanite I will probably check out the Noodler's inks, even though I'm afraid that the Eel would be too wet in a M 2000.

Thank you !

Armand.D

keep us updated. Im interested in both inks.

Daniel

The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without becoming disillusioned.

Gramsci

Tanzanite is nice but I ended up putting Amethyst in mine.... until I lost the pen :crybaby:

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

Well, I received Tanzanite today and even it's well performing I find the colour too dark/dull, as other could find too.

I tried a mix of 1:2, Waterman Florida Blue and Tanzanite and it's seems darker/more violet but the dry-time seems strange..

so the quest for my perfect blue continues.. I will post an ink classified soon to clean up stocks.

I have some paths that I would be interested in :

→ Diamine Denim : I really like the color, even though feathering/bleed is very susceptible to shown in a M nib - any denim-coloured ink suggestion with better behavior is welcomed.

→ Pilot Blue-Black : really like the color too, but more difficult to get (long shipping) and expensive.

This thread is interesting about Diamine Blues wetness, I should go for the driest :

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/230709-favorite-dark-blue-ink/

Otherwise Bulletproof Noodler's or Noodler's Blues in general may be a good way to follow.. BBK for example..

I keep you updated.

Armand.D

Edited by Armand.D

• 1 month later...

Take-sumi in my L2K with EF nib. Seems like a winning combination for me. :)

My ink-swap post(s) become out of date eventually. My signature is always current. If you want to swap some ink, here's what I have: Diamine: Ancient Copper, Oxblood, Poppy Red, Red Dragon, Sherwood Green; Iroshizuku: Kon-peki, Ku-jaku, Take-sumi; Noodlers: 54th Mass, BSB, Purple Martin, X-Feather, Widow Maker; Private Reserve: Blue Suede. I'm partial to highly saturated inks, but am open to suggestions. PM if interested.

I recently tried some KWZ inks in my Lamy 2000 (f) , and I would suggest the IG Blue/Black and IG Turquoise. They are quite lubricative without having issues of feathering. And the shading in beautiful in the Turquoise.

Daniel

Gramsci

My Lamy 2000 (m) has been my daily writer for nearly two years now. It seems to live on nothing but Diamine. Most often Eau de Nil but also Twilight and sometimes Misty Blue or Asa Blue.

EdN does not seem to get much mention and it is a strange colour. Not far off teal you could almost call it a turquoise black. Not a long way from Tsuki-Yo or Yama-Dori but somehow softer - a little more grey perhaps.

Check EU postage but I would try a few 30ml bottles either direct from Diamine or from Cult Pens. At about £2.50 each they are excellent value - I should know, I have about 40 of them!

• 2 weeks later...

J. Herbin Bleu Nuit is very well-behaved. It requires a wet pen to really look nice. It's too light in dry writers.

Lamy Bl/Blk is often slept on, and for no good reason. It's a solid performer with great color.

I have Yama-Dori, and while beautiful, it is a terrible daily writer. Way to saturated and weak to water. It smudges if you look at it wrong.

Pilot Bl/Blk is amazing. Nice permanence, good color, sheen, doesn't smudge, good dry time.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe