mehandiratta

A little Rangamania at my house.
Mr. Kandan placed my pens in mail on Wednesday, October 18 -- (Eastern Standard Time) and I received them on Saturday, October31. That means it took 11 days inclusive to receive the order.
Specs:
  • Ranga Model 3
  • Two pens: Burgundy Ripple (polished) and Matte Black (Bakul)
  • Cartridge/Converter filling system -- 2 complimentary converters were included
  • With clip
  • Jowo Medium Nib (#6) on each pen
This is not a review per se...just want to share some facts about my order:
1. Packaging: Box wrapped in fitted white cotton container, hand-stitched shut. Box was very sturdy and suffered no damage in the post.
fpn_1446402573__wrapped_box_2.jpg
fpn_1446402594__stiching_2.jpg
(Note: I have received an order or two from Goulet Pens and Jetpens. Yes, their packaging is good, and one even included a piece of candy. BUT...in a hard box wrapped precisely in a fitted cotton "glove," and hand-stitched closed? Ranga gets the prize for packaging.)
2. Inside the box, the Ranga pens were sectioned off and wrapped in cellophane. Also included was a large "Oliver" fountain pen, an older model perhaps, with a #5 nib, eye-dropper filled. Also there were 2 eyedropper pipettes. (Thanks to Ranga Pens for the freebies!)
fpn_1446402636__open_box_2.jpg
3. The Model 3 pens: The matte black model assumes a sort of grayish patina due to the surface treatment. I have never owned a matte black pen and I'm very glad I have one now. It looks almost nothing like a shiny black pen -- to my eye, it is actually a completely different "color." The clip is gold-colored and sturdy.
The Burgundy Ripple is a beautiful polished pen. The "burgundy" part is the color of artists' burnt sienna oil paint, perhaps even a tiny bit redder. It is easily differentiated from dark brown ebonite. Again, he clip is gold-colored and sturdy.
fpn_1446402669__matte_black_on_pottery_2
fpn_1446402700__pens_in_walnut_bowl_2.jp
So, was I pleased with the appearance of the pens? Yes, completely.
4. How well did the Ranga Hodel 3 pens work? As I said, this is not a review, so let me just say that they are fantastic writers. The matte black pen nib approaches the "oil on glass" standard, nicely wet with hardly any feedback. The Burgundy Ripple model is a very close second. I would rate both nibs as Excellent, with the Matte Black getting a little "plus" sign by its grade.
Summation: I am completely pleased with my purchase and proud to be a Ranga pen owner now.
PS - Apologies for the potato photos. It is about the best my little camera will do. It has been raining all day. so I had to use artificial light, flash, etc., which doesn't help at all.

Wow Congratulations....

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mpkandan

• mehandiratta

• T4TEXAS

• bmillicent

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A little Rangamania at my house.
Mr. Kandan placed my pens in mail on Wednesday, October 18 -- (Eastern Standard Time) and I received them on Saturday, October31. That means it took 11 days inclusive to receive the order.
Specs:
  • Ranga Model 3
  • Two pens: Burgundy Ripple (polished) and Matte Black (Bakul)
  • Cartridge/Converter filling system -- 2 complimentary converters were included
  • With clip
  • Jowo Medium Nib (#6) on each pen
This is not a review per se...just want to share some facts about my order:
1. Packaging: Box wrapped in fitted white cotton container, hand-stitched shut. Box was very sturdy and suffered no damage in the post.
fpn_1446402573__wrapped_box_2.jpg
fpn_1446402594__stiching_2.jpg
(Note: I have received an order or two from Goulet Pens and Jetpens. Yes, their packaging is good, and one even included a piece of candy. BUT...in a hard box wrapped precisely in a fitted cotton "glove," and hand-stitched closed? Ranga gets the prize for packaging.)
2. Inside the box, the Ranga pens were sectioned off and wrapped in cellophane. Also included was a large "Oliver" fountain pen, an older model perhaps, with a #5 nib, eye-dropper filled. Also there were 2 eyedropper pipettes. (Thanks to Ranga Pens for the freebies!)
fpn_1446402636__open_box_2.jpg
3. The Model 3 pens: The matte black model assumes a sort of grayish patina due to the surface treatment. I have never owned a matte black pen and I'm very glad I have one now. It looks almost nothing like a shiny black pen -- to my eye, it is actually a completely different "color." The clip is gold-colored and sturdy.
The Burgundy Ripple is a beautiful polished pen. The "burgundy" part is the color of artists' burnt sienna oil paint, perhaps even a tiny bit redder. It is easily differentiated from dark brown ebonite. Again, he clip is gold-colored and sturdy.
fpn_1446402669__matte_black_on_pottery_2
fpn_1446402700__pens_in_walnut_bowl_2.jp
So, was I pleased with the appearance of the pens? Yes, completely.
4. How well did the Ranga Hodel 3 pens work? As I said, this is not a review, so let me just say that they are fantastic writers. The matte black pen nib approaches the "oil on glass" standard, nicely wet with hardly any feedback. The Burgundy Ripple model is a very close second. I would rate both nibs as Excellent, with the Matte Black getting a little "plus" sign by its grade.
Summation: I am completely pleased with my purchase and proud to be a Ranga pen owner now.
PS - Apologies for the potato photos. It is about the best my little camera will do. It has been raining all day. so I had to use artificial light, flash, etc., which doesn't help at all.

Dear Mr. Forsooth Sir,

Thanks very much for your pictures and Review.. Pictures are good.

Glad that you like the Ranga pens.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

I recently received my Model 3 pen! I ordered it in green/orange swirl with a 40mm Ambitious nib, as shown:

fpn_1445996816__model_3_green_orange_swi

The large nib is a great fit with a pen of this size. It writes very smoothly, too.

I sort of wish I had gotten this pen in the matte bakul finish as I've recently been impressed by some photos online. I have a dip pen in black ebonite in the rough finish, and it has a great look and feel to it, quite like wood. If you google "Ranga ebonite bakul" you should find some photos of the swirled colors in the matte finish. That will have to wait for my next order!

Thank you to Mr. Kandan and Mehandiratta for their efforts in offering these group buys.

Dear Mr. Sandburger Sir,

Thanks very much for your nice words and pictures.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

I rather regret thinking out loud in that post. After writing with the pen for almost a week, the quality continues to be outstanding AND the pen is absolutely gorgeous. It was a matter of expectations; the fact that the swirls were larger on the cap than the barrel threw me off. Looking at some of the other pens in the photo, I saw that that was the case with some of the other patterns, too. I will post some pics later.

At any rate, thanks to Mr.Kandan and Mehandiratta for making this group buy possible.

Dear Mr. T4TEXAS Sir,

Thanks very much for your nice words. Glad that you like the pen:)

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

My Model 3 arrived today. It is beautiful. Bright Green Ebonite with gold-coloured furniture. I can't wait to ink it up and take some pictures tomorrow. Thanks to all for organising this group buy!

Thanks very much Mr. Strictlyobiter Sir,

REgards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

I am using my Ranga Model 3 paired with Sailor Tokiwa Matsu....

It arrived just before Diwali....

fpn_1447148126__model_3_c.jpg

fpn_1447148407__model_3_a.jpg

fpn_1447148487__model_3.jpg

fpn_1447148563__model_3_b.jpg

Wish you all happy Diwali / Deepawali...

vaibhav mehandiratta

Dear Mr. Vaibhav Sir,

Thanks very much for the pictures.

Dear FPN'ers,

Happy Diwali!!!!

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Thank you and happy diwali to you also

vaibhav mehandiratta

Mine arrived here in Texas on Monday! Need to borrow a camera (I don't even do cellular) to upload and document how pretty matte green with black can be :)

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

SILENCE IS GOLDEN, BUT DUCT TAPE IS SILVER.

Mine arrived here in Texas on Monday! Need to borrow a camera (I don't even do cellular) to upload and document how pretty matte green with black can be :)

I would like to see that pen!

Glad that you like the pen. Please post the pictures.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Okay folks, be forewarned - this is my first attempt at taking and posting pen pics :)

post-118780-0-00094000-1447637700_thumb.jpg

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

Had to do everything out of doors

post-118780-0-74985500-1447637926_thumb.jpg

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

Is it just me, or does it look like a cartoon image on the cap?

post-118780-0-01081100-1447638373_thumb.jpg

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

For comparison, the tree is a fruitless mulberry

I like the matte with the green and black - it has a woodsy, earthy look and feel

And I received all of the wonderful packaging documented in the previous posts - the cotton "glove" contaiing protective paper wrapped around the snap close box. Packed inside was my lovely pen with the dropper, a spare wality nib and feed, and a teal Oliver 246. What a wonderful treat :)

post-118780-0-23420300-1447639250_thumb.jpg

Edited by bmillicent

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

I found a nice quote for some writing practice. I hope you enjoy the content :)

post-118780-0-55511600-1447648100_thumb.jpg

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!