Bhavna

This is the closest I have come to in finding a replacement for Sheaffer's King's Gold, with clout!

fpn_1440712137__diamine_golden_sands_rev

fpn_1440712219__golden_sands_shimmer_sml

'Phil's the man, the man with the Midas touch....he loves only gold!' - name the song folks!

fpn_1440712261__golden_sands_bottle.jpg

fpn_1440710880__diamine_shimmer_set_swat

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• loily

• thudthwacker

• GBD

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a couple I would love to be renamed. The sheen/ shimmer is incredibly appealing and satisfying if one can use that term!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Oh man, these look much nicer in your photos! How does the Golden Sands seem in person as a poor man's gold leaf substitute?

Ooh -- makes me think of Apache Sunset, but shot through with real gold. Okay, getting a bottle of this one, too.

Oh man, these look much nicer in your photos! How does the Golden Sands seem in person as a poor man's gold leaf substitute?

Thank you! Ok, I LOVE gold (in a very unhealthy way) - and this as I have said is very close to Sheaffer's King's Gold which I was crazy about. The ink goes down very light and darkens to different shades of 'gold' - it is incredible to watch. As for the Gold leaf substitute, yes it is there - but do use a wet writer that lays down some ink and then you will see the magic. I was delighted to have captured the gold dancing in the bottle.

Edited by Bhavna

Ooh -- makes me think of Apache Sunset, but shot through with real gold. Okay, getting a bottle of this one, too.

I have both, and this doesn't have the 'red' shading the Apache does, BUT I found a similar shading quality that is absolutely lovely! I am excited for you, please DO come back and share your thoughts once you get yours!.

Rather nice.

Indeed, and it has the shading of your lovely avatar.

This is the only one I can see myself getting.. I am a sucker for gold inks.. :wub: :wub:

Now.. since I do have King's Gold.. and some luster dust.. I can try making my own.. ;) ...

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Thanks for the review.

Interesting, but I think I may pass on this one. I didn't really like Apache Sunset (not really an "orange" person) and "Apache Sunset with gold dust" isn't enough to sway me.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Here's a quick comparison that I hope will help.

fpn_1440846718__yellow_blue_comp.jpg

This is the only one I can see myself getting.. I am a sucker for gold inks.. :wub: :wub:

Now.. since I do have King's Gold.. and some luster dust.. I can try making my own.. ;) ...

C.

Thanks for the review.

Interesting, but I think I may pass on this one. I didn't really like Apache Sunset (not really an "orange" person) and "Apache Sunset with gold dust" isn't enough to sway me.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Cyber6 and Ruth, I have posted a comparison above to show you King's Gold with both Apache and Golden Sands. Hope it shows the distinction. Cyber6, I would love you see your formulation with your lustre dust! Please share a picture as and when!

Ah, much less orange than I initially thought. Still quite nice, though now solidly behind Brandy Dazzle in my "need-to-get" list.

Ah, much less orange than I initially thought. Still quite nice, though now solidly behind Brandy Dazzle in my "need-to-get" list.

Agree, Golden Sands had incredible shading that is not orange. Glad you like Brandy Dazzle, I have posted some more pictures on that review to show some browns for comparison.

Ahhhh, MUST HAVE THIS COLOUR! :D It's one of my top favourites from this collection. Beautiful!! Thanks for the comparison swabs and the review :)

Ahhhh, MUST HAVE THIS COLOUR! :D It's one of my top favourites from this collection. Beautiful!! Thanks for the comparison swabs and the review :)

I was just writing with it out in the garden, and my goodness it took my breath away - again! I am deeply grateful to have been able to review this set. Thank you for your kind words, I am so pleased you like the review.

Thank you! Ok, I LOVE gold (in a very unhealthy way) - and this as I have said is very close to Sheaffer's King's Gold which I was crazy about. The ink goes down very light and darkens to different shades of 'gold' - it is incredible to watch. As for the Gold leaf substitute, yes it is there - but do use a wet writer that lays down some ink and then you will see the magic. I was delighted to have captured the gold dancing in the bottle.

That is exciting news! And your new comparison pic is very helpful to get a better understanding of where it is in the spectrum of yellows. Can't wait until this gets released. I will use it in the juiciest fattest of nibs and make some pseudo-illuminated manuscripts.