Bhavna

fpn_1440711744__magical_forest_review.jp

fpn_1440711787__diamine_magical_forest_c

fpn_1440711839__diamine_magical_forest_c

fpn_1440711890__magical_forest_bottle.jp

fpn_1440710880__diamine_shimmer_set_swat

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• lapis

• Davros

• ScienceChick

Thanks for this review. I don't know. I somehow don't like these looks. Too synthetic, too "phoney". Ach yeah, maybe I'll get used to them later. (In the meantime, there are so many other inks trying to get a hold of me....)

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Dear Mike, hello! Do please try a sample at some point. It was difficult to capture the beauty of these inks and truly represent the trinity of ink colour, shading and shimmering. I am very impressed by this set - not an easy feat as I have 150 inks from the Iroshizuku, Noodler, J. Herbin, Parker Penman and of course Diamine. I am always excited when a manufacturer comes up with something 'new' and refreshing considering the prolific shades of inks available around the globe and now easily accessible to the consumer.

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Thanks for the review.

I think I'll take a pass on this one. While I think it's neat that Diamine is using something that's silver colored, I'm not wild about this combination. Maybe it's that I just don't care for the underlying color (it's not a green that grabs me, whereas Diamine Emerald was more to my liking -- sparkles or not).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thanks for the review.

I think I'll take a pass on this one. While I think it's neat that Diamine is using something that's silver colored, I'm not wild about this combination. Maybe it's that I just don't care for the underlying color (it's not a green that grabs me, whereas Diamine Emerald was more to my liking -- sparkles or not).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Yes I do love Emerald, but I found it sometimes a little too ight. This one is a warm, rich green that sets the silver off incredibly well. Very nice to use.

Dear Mike, hello! Do please try a sample at some point. It was difficult to capture the beauty of these inks and truly represent the trinity of ink colour, shading and shimmering. I am very impressed by this set - not an easy feat as I have 150 inks from the Iroshizuku, Noodler, J. Herbin, Parker Penman and of course Diamine. I am always excited when a manufacturer comes up with something 'new' and refreshing considering the prolific shades of inks available around the globe and now easily accessible to the consumer.

Hi Bhavna! Thanks for the kind words. You're right. Food for thought. I'll buy that. At least I should try one out first. And, being as it may, it'll have to be this colour. Reminded me right off hand of White Forest... that beautiful Chritmas tree green (where the shimmering tickles your sense of smell).

Mike

Hi Bhavna! Thanks for the kind words. You're right. Food for thought. I'll buy that. At least I should try one out first. And, being as it may, it'll have to be this colour. Reminded me right off hand of White Forest... that beautiful Chritmas tree green (where the shimmering tickles your sense of smell).

Mike

Mike, that's IT! :headsmack: I felt rather nostalgic about this ink and have been thinking about warm, crackling fires but couldn't put my finger on what the hell I was doing with crackling fires at the end of August while I am STILL waiting for summer! Oh and the combination with Red Lustre (review to follow soon) will be fabulous for Christmas.

Yes, it is the green of new pine needles, and very similar to MB's Irish Green which I just adore. Thank you for that! :thumbup:

Bhavna, you did it! I'll now order this green, and, it soon being Xmas, that red, too. I mean, it's never worth ordering just one single ink, is it?

Mike http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/christmas_tree-10.gif

Wish they had done a darker green and red, both with gold, for the holidays--something like MB's Winter Glow.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Bhavna, you did it! I'll now order this green, and, it soon being Xmas, that red, too. I mean, it's never worth ordering just one single ink, is it?

Mike http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/christmas_tree-10.gif

Mike, one ink at any given time just doesn't feel right! Congratulations, I really look forward to your thoughts when you have played with these inks.

Thank you for the reviews.

I am just starting and looking forward to getting samples of these. I love colors beyond the basic black and blue.

Thank you for the reviews.

I am just starting and looking forward to getting samples of these. I love colors beyond the basic black and blue.

Hello,

You are most welcome. I didn't realise until a few years ago just what was available beyond black and blue, and the shades within the black and blue spectra! Congratulations on finding the realm of inks... now watch your wallet!

Thanks for the review. This is the only one I don't like, I don't like the colour of the green they've used.

I am always excited when a manufacturer comes up with something 'new' and refreshing considering the prolific shades of inks available around the globe and now easily accessible to the consumer.

Is this really new? I've seen inks years ago that looked very similar. They came in a boxed set from Francesco Rubinato. At that time the instructions were quite clear that the metallic inks were only to be used in dip pens -- not fountain pens!

Is this really new? I've seen inks years ago that looked very similar. They came in a boxed set from Francesco Rubinato. At that time the instructions were quite clear that the metallic inks were only to be used in dip pens -- not fountain pens!

Would it help for me to add 'in my humble opinion'? I suppose, the fact that we are no longer limited to 'only dip pens' is a great and positive move forward. It is something exciting and refreshing. And if it is a reformulation of an old ink, all the better to resurrect for this generation. Win win all round! Thank you for pointing out the history however, very interesting, did you every get the Rubinato boxed set? Please share some images.

The base colour reminds me of their Woodland Green.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

Seeing these inks make me very festive! Thank you!

This one is particular feels very Christmassy.. in September! You a re welcome.

The base colour reminds me of their Woodland Green.

Agree, I am also reminded of Mont Blanc's Irish Green which I have in regular rotation and one which I adore.